LECOM-Erie Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got into PBL today, parents seem a bit concerned, but unless I get into a significantly better school, im at LECOM. Coming from Buffalo, NY

Why are your parents concerned?

Members don't see this ad.

does anyone know if LECOM is having an open house this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted for seton hill.... Kind of nervouse about going to seton hill but it was my second choice... Does anyone have any insight on problems concerns, i am just a little concerned about a new campus opening up i would much rather attend erie pbl than seton hill.. Anyone else here going to seton hill?

Just got accepted for seton hill.... Kind of nervouse about going to seton hill but it was my second choice... Does anyone have any insight on problems concerns, i am just a little concerned about a new campus opening up i would much rather attend erie pbl than seton hill.. Anyone else here going to seton hill?

Im a first year at Seton Hill. I started a thread for LECOM - Seton Hill. Do a search. Hopefully the discussions will help u out!

just got accepted in the PBL pathway! I'm coming from Pittsburgh.

To current students using student loans. I know that housing is covered using part of the loan. How easy is it to find housing and does it greatly impact your budget? Any suggestions on housing. I would prefer to live alone. Is this financially possible or will I need to consider a roommate? What areas are most students living in?

And how easy is it to get around in the winter? On the worst website on the entire web.... Wikipedia, it said that the average snow fall is 88 inches but in 2008-2009 it was 145 inches!!! Is it better to live across the street from the school?

To current students using student loans. I know that housing is covered using part of the loan. How easy is it to find housing and does it greatly impact your budget? Any suggestions on housing. I would prefer to live alone. Is this financially possible or will I need to consider a roommate? What areas are most students living in?

And how easy is it to get around in the winter? On the worst website on the entire web.... Wikipedia, it said that the average snow fall is 88 inches but in 2008-2009 it was 145 inches!!! Is it better to live across the street from the school?

Hey JRod, I'm an OMS1, so I can't address too much about snow, since we haven't had any yet (and let's keep it that way!:xf:), but I can give you some advice on the loan stuff.

I think it's really important that you look at the budget they give you. Every student I talked to just said to take out the whole thing (the "suggested budget" from student affairs). I took out the whole thing, and I am starting to regret it. I somehow still have $9,000 left (of the total $12,000) for the rest of the semester (which is 5 more weeks, and my rent for next month is already paid). So basically, I'm going to be paying a ton of interest on money I won't be using / will only be using to repay my loan. That being said, you need to consider a lot of factors:

1. Rent. I took out the whole thing mostly because the "housing" budget broke down to around $615/mo, and I didn't want a roommate. My rent is now $540/mo (water included, no gas or electricity) for a 2BR. HOWEVER, I do live about 4 miles from the school. It has not been a problem thus far, but my attitude may change once the snow comes. There are a few complexes right by school (Laurel Ridge, Laurel Springs, etc.) that are very nice but run around $675/mo, if I remember correctly. They also fill up insanely quickly, so if you are considering these and are definitely going to LECOM, I would call them ... now.

2. Previous standard of living. I think the $24K+/year for living expenses is an insanely large amount of money for someone, like myself, coming right from undergrad. I'm used to cheap food and cheap bars, and this is way more money than I've ever had. If you've been out for a few years though, working and living a luxurious lifestyle, you may need the whole thing. Same goes for single people vs. families. I'm single and am totally okay with eating the same thing 3 nights in a row...haha.

3. Savings. Use as much of your savings as you can... interest sucks. Also, you won't get your check for about a month after school starts, so you need to at least have a month's worth of money when you come in. If you don't have a lot in savings, I'd err on the side of caution and take out more money. There will be NO time for you to work when you're in school, so whatever you take out in loans is what you're stuck with.

4. The "breakdown." Really take a good look at the breakdown of the budget and decide which things do and do not apply to you -- this was one of my biggest mistakes. For example, they allow about $1000 for a laptop purchase, but if you have one, there's no need to take out that money. Furthermore, my parents still pay my car insurance and cell phone bill (and I'm going to be a doctor..scary!), so that was a HUGE amount of money that I didn't need, but took out anyways because I was too lazy to look at the breakdown. In general, if you look at these categories, you should be able to estimate pretty well what your costs will be -- the books and medical equipment is right on (since they are the prices given by the school) and the only really fluctuating factor is how much you need/want for personal activities, entertainment, etc.

I hope that helps with the financial stuff. I'd say most students do live closer to the school, but people are also spread out as well. No matter where you're coming from in Erie, it's not going to take more than 15 minutes to get to school, so I wouldn't be too worried about that. Living alone is certainly financially possible (all the 2BRs I seriously looked at were between $480 and $700 per month), but if you want to live in the newer complexes, you should look sooner rather than later. Erie has other graduate schools other than LECOM, and they go pretty quickly once the springtime hits.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Thank you Eleven Eleven!!!!! We were told during the interview that we could borrow any amount at the beginning of the semester and later we could borrow more as needed up to the maximum limit. The good news is that you can use that excess money next year and will not need to borrow that much.

I looked up Laurel Ridge, Laurel Springs, and a few other apartments and noticed that they do not have washers and dryers in the apartments. They state on their website that there are laundry facilities on every floor. Is that normal for apartments in Erie? The prices are pretty good though!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you Eleven Eleven!!!!! We were told during the interview that we could borrow any amount at the beginning of the semester and later we could borrow more as needed up to the maximum limit. The good news is that you can use that excess money next year and will not need to borrow that much.

I looked up Laurel Ridge, Laurel Springs, and a few other apartments and noticed that they do not have washers and dryers in the apartments. They state on their website that there are laundry facilities on every floor. Is that normal for apartments in Erie? The prices are pretty good though!!!!

Yes, for some reason the apartment complexes seem to only have "community" washers and dryers (at least all of the ones I checked out). The only complaints I've heard about this is that since most of the complexes are filled with LECOM students, all the LDP kids are scrambling to use them once they get out of class, and sometimes you have to wait. Same deal as college, but I agree with you, I'd much rather have my own. Since I wanted to live alone, and REALLY did not want to buy a washer and dryer for only 2 years (since I'm planning on rotating outside of Erie), it was a big plus that my apartment now came with one. By the way, I forgot to mention, I live in a two-family duplex-style house, and if you're looking for the cheapest rent, I think this is the way to go. Plus they often come furnished and I think about 3/4 of the ones I looked at had a washer and dryer, and maybe half had a dishwasher.

Also, I saw earlier mention of a c/o 2014 get together. You guys totally should. You'll get a somewhat laid-back first week (class in the morning, orientation stuff in the afternoon), but after that LECOM stops messing around and Anatomy is going to hit you hard. It's a lot easier to make friends before everyone get stressed out, so I definitely recommend it! In addition to the bbq, we also did a trip to Cedar Point/camping that night -- they have great group rates if you guys are interested.

Oh, and quick message about immunizations (can you tell I've been procrastinating studying physio hardcore today?!)

You don't need them in anytime soon -- the "deadline" is in the summer, but people got notices on orientation day about not being complete, haha. But I'd get on it sooner rather than later.. I waited until May to start and I JUST finished them in time. A lot of people I know got tied up with titers that weren't coming back with high enough values (translation: many trips to the doctor). Whereas in undergrad you just had to be "positive" for antibodies, LECOM requires specific values, and according to my doctor they are "way higher than most schools require," so that can cause some unexpected delays.

Here is my suggestion for the 2014 students.

Housing
Live as close to school as possible. Why?
A. your travel time doubles in winter (snows here from Nov-March)
B. sleep is the most precious commodity; if you live close you can get 30+ minutes of sleep, which can be a big deal.

Housing Cost
Use a housing booklet that LECOM sent to you, or call them and ask for one.
Look at the large townhouse complexes around the school.
Most places are $550-700/month. Shoot for ~630/month
These places fill up fast, I signed my lease 4months prior to start of Year-1

School Budgeting
Take all the money financial aid gives you. Then at the end of 1st semester return the unused money to the lender. This is easily done electronically.
You will not loose that much on interest.
In the mean time you will figure out your personal spending habits and will be able to adjust accordingly for next semester.

Here is my suggestion for the 2014 students.

Housing
Live as close to school as possible. Why?
A. your travel time doubles in winter (snows here from Nov-March)
B. sleep is the most precious commodity; if you live close you can get 30+ minutes of sleep, which can be a big deal.

Housing Cost
Use a housing booklet that LECOM sent to you, or call them and ask for one.
Look at the large townhouse complexes around the school.
Most places are $550-700/month. Shoot for ~630/month
These places fill up fast, I signed my lease 4months prior to start of Year-1

School Budgeting
Take all the money financial aid gives you. Then at the end of 1st semester return the unused money to the lender. This is easily done electronically.
You will not loose that much on interest.
In the mean time you will figure out your personal spending habits and will be able to adjust accordingly for next semester.

Good advice and interesting Blog. (I hope the "BioRobots were paid very well but I fear they were not. Crazy fast exposure rates!!!! Lethal doses in less than a minute in 80kg people!!! Ouch!)

Do you know if there are buses or some other kind of mass transit? I have been told many different stories pertaining to the weather and the necessity to have an all wheel drive (or front wheel drive) vehicle. I hear that a rear wheel drive sports car is impossible to use in the winter while others say that the roads are plowed regularly and I wont have a problem. I have even heard that in Erie it is mainly snow and not ice so I should be fine. One guy asked me if I want to drive in the ditch because thats all a rear wheel drive car will do. Another guy called my car "A sled with an engine" when I asked him that question!!! I really like my car but I will give it up if all I'm going to do is crash it or garage it all winter!!!!

I have been told many different stories pertaining to the weather and the necessity to have an all wheel drive (or front wheel drive) vehicle. I hear that a rear wheel drive sports car is impossible to use in the winter while others say that the roads are plowed regularly and I wont have a problem. I have even heard that in Erie it is mainly snow and not ice so I should be fine. One guy asked me if I want to drive in the ditch because thats all a rear wheel drive car will do. Another guy called my car "A sled with an engine" when I asked him that question!!! I really like my car but I will give it up if all I'm going to do is crash it or garage it all winter!!!!
It depends on the car and how experienced a driver you are. A RWD car with decent clearance is fine in the snow, as long as you have snow tires and keep some weight in the trunk. If it's a nice car, you'll want to make sure to get a place with a garage and take it to the car wash every few months.
If you do go in for a better winter driver, I'd recommend an AWD Subaru or Volvo. 4WD SUV's and pickups have nice clearance, but they aren't very good snow cars and the SUV's have a tendency to get rear-ended.
If you can afford new cars, though, you might be able to afford a nice apartment or house near school which would save a lot of hassle!

Bus Service -> this is pretty much non-existent in Erie. You need a car to get around.

Driving in snow in Erie -> Erie has all types of snow; from ice in November/early December to packed snow during winter months. Yes, they clear the roads well, but many times it does not happen when you are leaving for school early in the morning especially if the snow came down overnight. Any sedan will work fine. 4x4 is a plus, but it is definitely not a make or break situation.

Getting a car -> I do not know what year your car is or what mechanical condition, but here are some things you might want to consider.
Besides food and place to sleep, your car is the most important thing in med school. The first 2 years in Erie you will be driving to school every day. Then during the clinical years you will be driving even more b/c you will be all over the place at different hospitals almost monthly. That being said, a reliable car would be ideal. You might want to think of trading in your car now, and buying a new car (toyota, honda, hyundai). I would shoot for a monthly car payment of $150/month.

Bus Service -> this is pretty much non-existent in Erie. You need a car to get around.

Driving in snow in Erie -> Erie has all types of snow; from ice in November/early December to packed snow during winter months. Yes, they clear the roads well, but many times it does not happen when you are leaving for school early in the morning especially if the snow came down overnight. Any sedan will work fine. 4x4 is a plus, but it is definitely not a make or break situation.

Getting a car -> I do not know what year your car is or what mechanical condition, but here are some things you might want to consider.
Besides food and place to sleep, your car is the most important thing in med school. The first 2 years in Erie you will be driving to school every day. Then during the clinical years you will be driving even more b/c you will be all over the place at different hospitals almost monthly. That being said, a reliable car would be ideal. You might want to think of trading in your car now, and buying a new car (toyota, honda, hyundai). I would shoot for a monthly car payment of $150/month.

Thank you!!!! I am currently looking for a new car now but I will probably wait to buy one until the spring when I get my tax return. I currently have a very dependable 2006 sports car (I got it new in 2006). It is close to paid off but I didn't know if and how much financial aid gives for such an expense. is that where the $150.00 quote came from? I didn't want to get a new car during medical school but your reasons are extremely valid!!!! Which do you thing is more important, a garage or living across the street?

Roll Call. Who among us will be attending LECOM c/o 2014?
I happily got the news that I can count myself as one!

To any current students. Do you have any suggestions on what software or even specific laptop will be the most beneficial at LECOM besides what is listed on the website? Here are the specifications for a laptop according the LECOM website:

Student Laptop Requirements

All incoming LECOM students are required to have a Windows-based laptop computer.*

The computer is used to obtain course notes, access the Internet, e-mail, on-line testing and other activities. All incoming students must obtain a system prior to the first day of orientation. Network, Internet configuration and software tutorials will be offered during orientation. Students are responsible for all costs associated with ownership of the computer.

System Requirements:

Hardware
Minimum Processor speed of 1.5 GHz or greater is recommended
Minimum RAM memory of 1GB, 2 GB or more is recommended
Minimum 60 GB Hard Drive or higher is recommended
An external hard drive is highly recommended for backing up data
Minimum 16X DVD/CD Player, DVD RW/CD RW is recommended
A wireless 802.11b/g series card is required for internet connection

Software
Microsoft Windows operating system is required (XP,Vista, or Windows 7)
An up to date anti-virus program is mandatory (Kaspersky, AVG, Norton Symantec)
Microsoft Office or Open Office
Software can be purchased at a discounted rate at JourneyEd.com

Optional
Inkjet or laser printer for individuals who prefer printed documents.
Access to a local Internet Service Provider (ISP).
This will be required if you wish to access the Internet and LECOM’s portal from your living quarters. We recommend DSL broadband or a high speed cable connection in order to download and study the online course materials and videos off campus; otherwise you will have to view the materials on campus.

Anti-Virus

The cost for anti-virus programs varies but they are available online or at any electronics store. Please make sure your anti-virus program is up to date at all times. NOTE: Some new computers come with a trial version of an anti-virus program. This is usually good for 60 - 90 days after which you will be required to purchase an updated subscription or install a free program in order to remain on the network.

Warranty

Most laptop computers are warranted for up to one year. We recommend that you consider purchasing an extended warranty. This will cover hardware failures which can be very expensive, and also give you access to technical support for hardware problems.

*Apple Computers

Apple computers (Mac’s) are not acceptable as your required laptop and are not supported. Software for board review testing and other online testing only supports Windows operating systems. Apple computers and their operating systems are not supported by this testing software. To avoid any critical problems please bring a Windows-based laptop.

Support

While you are a student at LECOM, our IS support staff will be available to help you with any problems you may experience. Please contact the IS support staff if you have any questions regarding the purchase of a laptop computer. We can be contacted by telephone or email.

Count me in. I am in the PBL in Erie. Which program are you in?

To any current students. Do you have any suggestions on what software or even specific laptop will be the most beneficial at LECOM besides what is listed on the website? Here are the specifications for a laptop according the LECOM website:
For those concerned about the laptops. Either an Apple Mac or Windows will be fine. I prefer Mac's and that's all I've used here while in school. I've never had a single problem. When it comes time for board review I have the ability to run windows on my Mac so I can access those review websites for test questions.

I primarily use iWork, which is Apples version of an Office suite, similar to MS Office. Again I've not had any problems. You can however get MS Office, which is more expensive than iWork or if money is an issue go with open office which is free. All three options are viable for office programs.

You don't need the latest and greatest computer, you don't even need a new computer. Any computer made in the last 5 years will be more than enough for your needs. The older the computer the slower it'll run but it'll still do what you need it to do. Just make sure you have a computer that isn't on its last legs and ready to go kaput, don't want it going down around test time, that would be bad.

Hope this answered your questions

Thanks! I got in LDP but I'm on the waitlist for PBL. Really wondering if I should snap up a PBL spot if it becomes available. While I don't care for the idea of 8-5 mandatory scheduling every day I do appreciate a good lecture now and then not to mention cadaver based gross anatomy. I'm a big believer in things coming to us as they're meant to be, and I may just stick with LDP.

As far as computers, Erie says no Apple, but Bradenton is OK with either system. I'm curious, is it only the Board software that is PC specific? Even then, Macs can dual boot so I'm not following their reasoning. I'd be loathe to go back to a PC after years of Mac use.

Thanks! I got in LDP but I'm on the waitlist for PBL. Really wondering if I should snap up a PBL spot if it becomes available. While I don't care for the idea of 8-5 mandatory scheduling every day I do appreciate a good lecture now and then not to mention cadaver based gross anatomy. I'm a big believer in things coming to us as they're meant to be, and I may just stick with LDP.

As far as computers, Erie says no Apple, but Bradenton is OK with either system. I'm curious, is it only the Board software that is PC specific? Even then, Macs can dual boot so I'm not following their reasoning. I'd be loathe to go back to a PC after years of Mac use.
If you read my post above you would have seen that I've used nothing but a Mac since I've been here and there are many other students who do the same. Using a Mac on campus is not a problem here in Erie.

If you read my post above you would have seen that I've used nothing but a Mac since I've been here and there are many other students who do the same. Using a Mac on campus is not a problem here in Erie.

Thanks for your reply Slevin. Your input is much appreciated.

Well, I am buying my first laptop so I was looking for advice for what most medical students are using. I personally do not care for laptops. I think that they are slow, annoying and easy to break. I love desktops. I am better with pen and paper for my notes so I never bought one till now. I guess that is why I am making such a big deal about this. I hope my questions helps others out there.

All this talk about laptops...figured I would ask a question. Anyone know if a tablet would be more or less useful than a generic laptop? (atleast for PBL). I am a big computer nerd, however I have never been able to justify purchasing a tablet and was thinking that med. school might be a good enough exscuse to go out and get one (atleast an exscuse my wife cant argue with).

All this talk about laptops...figured I would ask a question. Anyone know if a tablet would be more or less useful than a generic laptop? (atleast for PBL). I am a big computer nerd, however I have never been able to justify purchasing a tablet and was thinking that med. school might be a good enough exscuse to go out and get one (atleast an exscuse my wife cant argue with).
Less than 5% of our class has tablets, and even fewer actually use them as tablets.

Point is no real reason to get a tablet. Regular notebook will do just fine

:thumbup: ISP for me

Did you consider ISP? Based on what was given in the interview folder ISP gets the cadavers and has the freedom to attend lecture if they want. Specifically, "ISP students are always welcome to sit in on any or all of the [LDP] lectures as part of their learning experience." Optional lectures sold me on ISP.

Did you consider ISP? Based on what was given in the interview folder ISP gets the cadavers and has the freedom to attend lecture if they want. Specifically, "ISP students are always welcome to sit in on any or all of the [LDP] lectures as part of their learning experience." Optional lectures sold me on ISP.
Sitting in on the lectures will not really help you in ISP. The lectures don't correspond well with the modules in ISP even though you learn the same material it's not presented in the same way and thus lectures for an ISP student are generally a waste of time

If I were to buy a laptop all over again for YR 1 & 2 I would do this:

[1] Buy laptop for <$550 at Dell.com
*e.g. Inspiron 15 for $499 http://www.dell.com/us/en/business/...d.aspx?refid=laptop-inspiron-1545&s=bsd&cs=04

*There is no need to spend more than that these days b/c the basic setup on todays laptops (Dual Core processor & 3GB RAM on most machines) is fast enough to run anything (except video games).

[2] Add a 2 year at home service
Warranty is absolutely essential b/c you are using the computer 24/7.

*This option is better than getting a BestBuy plan b/c it is much faster since Dell comes to your house. With BestBuy you need to go to the store and the store will mail the computer to Dell, which is very slow process.

If I were to buy a laptop all over again for YR 1 & 2 I would do this:

[1] Buy laptop for <$550 at Dell.com
*e.g. Inspiron 15 for $499 http://www.dell.com/us/en/business/...d.aspx?refid=laptop-inspiron-1545&s=bsd&cs=04

*There is no need to spend more than that these days b/c the basic setup on todays laptops (Dual Core processor & 3GB RAM on most machines) is fast enough to run anything (except video games).

[2] Add a 2 year at home service
Warranty is absolutely essential b/c you are using the computer 24/7.

*This option is better than getting a BestBuy plan b/c it is much faster since Dell comes to your house. With BestBuy you need to go to the store and the store will mail the computer to Dell, which is very slow process.

I thought LECOM had an onsite tech support for students? I would think that they are a better option opposed to dell or Bestbuy. I am not a big fan of Bestbuy!!!! Thanks for the advice!!!!

I got accepted into the LDP Erie, anyone else from Michigan that got accepted to Erie?

I thought LECOM had an onsite tech support for students? I would think that they are a better option opposed to dell or Bestbuy. I am not a big fan of Bestbuy!!!! Thanks for the advice!!!!
They'll look at it and then tell you what's wrong if it's a software issue they'll try to help but if it's hardware.... good luck

The ISP modules do not correspond with our classes very well. ISP started out with biochem, then just finished up physio and started micro yesterday. We started out with micro and physio for a couple weeks, then did biochem and micro for a week, and now are doing all three this week. So coming to lecture would be a waste of time for ISP.

I was thinking about buying a tablet but decided against it because of the price and I didn't think I would take notes on my laptop. Well all I do is take notes on my laptop and don't use paper at all, even for studying. There are times when a table would be nice so I bought a plug in tablet for $90 off Amazon and use it in class. There are probably 15-20 of us that do this. It's really nice in classes where you have to draw (embryo and histo are good examples). I use a combination of typed notes and hand writing on PPT slides to take notes. It's worked well for me

Thanks Bleeker. I never thought about the plug-in modules. Ill check them out.

Hi Hi! coming from nyc - ISP : i keep having the feeling I should start reading something already but don't know what...and pple keep advising to relax and enjoy free time while I can but I can't kick this feeling I am slacking haha

Hi Hi! coming from nyc - ISP : i keep having the feeling I should start reading something already but don't know what...and pple keep advising to relax and enjoy free time while I can but I can't kick this feeling I am slacking haha

I bought the BRS Physiology and Pathology and the Road map Anatomy, which i will read before starting, but i did take a year after Undergrad and i feel like i have forgotten everything and till July my brain will turn to waste if i just watch TV and sleep all day.

I'm from NYC and was ISP also... love it.

I bought the BRS Physiology and Pathology and the Road map Anatomy, which i will read before starting, but i did take a year after Undergrad and i feel like i have forgotten everything and till July my brain will turn to waste if i just watch TV and sleep all day.

NOOOOO, don't waste your time reading anything. Let me ask you this. Do you know what's important in the BRS? Do you know what you need to know for those classes? You don't start path until 2nd semester and physiol doesn't start until late october 1st semester. Please don't waste your time trying to study and get ahead, instead go out and have fun there will be more than enough time to study once school starts.

Silly premeds

I know how you feel. I started looking at the Board scores necessary to get into various specialties and it's going to be tough. I realize that it's >2 yrs till then but really, it couldn't hurt to get a head start. It's quite possible that feeling like I'm preparing myself will help me relax more than if I sit on my hands. I found this online Micro/Immuno module from Univ. South Carolina Med School which looks interesting:

http://pathmicro.med.sc.edu/book/welcome.htm

Don't bother. It may sound like a good idea right now, but you won't retain any of it. Once classes start you're going to have to be more concerned with that information (just remember, it's like drinking from a fire hydrant).

The best prep you can do for the boards is look at board review materials when you are doing the relevant topics in school. That way you'll get the highest yield information possible.

Don't bother. It may sound like a good idea right now, but you won't retain any of it. Once classes start you're going to have to be more concerned with that information (just remember, it's like drinking from a fire hydrant).

The best prep you can do for the boards is look at board review materials when you are doing the relevant topics in school. That way you'll get the highest yield information possible.
That being said, most likely some of them will not listen. Le sigh... anyway board review begins soon.

I feel the same way guys!!! I feel like it is a waste of time to just work all the time and leave my brain to the simple stimulation of a 24 hour news cycle or rambling people on a tangent in the break room. I think that I will go mad or my brain will become mushy. It is our interest in medicine and fantastic scientific information that drives us to this point in our life and I can clearly say that is why were accepted!!!! You can not turn this off and perhaps that is why we flock to spill our thoughts on this thread in an effort to console one another in this passion. Perhaps it is what will aid us in becoming successful physicians.

With that being said, and much like the quote from the cool guy from the NRA Charlton Heston, "You would not get my anatomy book unless you could pry it from my cold, dead hands."

Okay, It was not an anatomy book but you get the point. LOL.

Maybe we are a bit silly!!!!

Haha ok...i'll try to protect my brain from turning into mush until july (i am working but nothing directly medical/science related) and have fun too :p

thanks for everyone's advice haha XD

No, JRod, not silly at all. I think we like this stuff, and frankly its probably alot more enjoyable reading when there's not a test at the end. Embrace your inner-nerd.