LECOM Erie Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
me too!!!!!!!!!!!!omg im going nutz

:thumbup: Nice man! I've been following your posts for some time now (yeah, I know a bit stalkerish, but I always look out for fellow Jersey peeps!) and I'm stoked for you bro. Own it!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Another question: A user named Slevin gave a very negative review of the ISP pathway two years ago, saying that it is very disorganized and students don't get the same opportunities and help as LDP students.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=7936712&postcount=1084

Has this changed in the past two years?
while I cannot comment on change or the ISP I will say that no matter what med school u go to theres ALWAYS going to be at least one person upset with the teaching method or the professors or SOMETHING I try to take everything I read on SDN with a grain of salt

while I cannot comment on change or the ISP I will say that no matter what med school u go to theres ALWAYS going to be at least one person upset with the teaching method or the professors or SOMETHING I try to take everything I read on SDN with a grain of salt
But he said that some ISP students fail their classes while the same isn't true for LDP. I hope at the very least that professors devote their attention to all students and that all pathways have similar pass rates and Step 1 scores.

But he said that some ISP students fail their classes while the same isn't true for LDP. I hope at the very least that professors devote their attention to all students and that all pathways have similar pass rates and Step 1 scores.

They explain all of the details and break-down scores during the first part of the interview day...

Got an interview invite today. Scheduled for 9/23/2011. I could have chosen an earlier date (Sept 9), but chose not to... Hopefully this won't hurt me in any way!

sci GPA 3.65
MCAT 30
CA resident

Interview invite for me as well!! I was complete 8/1.

admissions status changed from "congratulations you've been invited for an interview" to "an admissions decision has been made"! guess i'm getting the letter sometime this week?? according to last years thread at least! ah! gonna be obsessively checking the mail the next 4 days :O

Interview invite today september 9th!

Some LDP students fail classes too... Many people go in to ISP not realizing that it truly is independent study. You are given your books and a list of objectives to answer and have to do it on your own. If anyone had any questions they could go to the professors and ask (or look it up).

It is true that all pathways are similar in terms of scores & pass rates.

Members don't see this ad :)
is it possible to choose another pathway if after a couple of days into the one you were accepted into isn't "right" for you. Or are you stuck with which ever you choose on interview day.

I got an interview invite today, but I can't find the link to schedule it haha. I logged into portal.lecom.edu, clicked the admissions tab, looked on the left and found nothing. And then I scoured the page and still found nothing. Help?

Last edited:
I got an interview invite today, but I can't find the link to schedule it haha. I logged into portal.lecom.edu, clicked the admissions tab, looked on the left and found nothing. And then I scoured the page and still found nothing. Help?

After clicking on the Admissions tab, the last option on the Admission Menu (left hand side) should be "Interview." Once you click that, you should be redirected to the LECOM Interview Portal, where they have instructions on how to schedule the interview.

I just got an interview today too!!! Scheduled for 9/9 :)

After clicking on the Admissions tab, the last option on the Admission Menu (left hand side) should be "Interview." Once you click that, you should be redirected to the LECOM Interview Portal, where they have instructions on how to schedule the interview.

I just got an interview today too!!! Scheduled for 9/9 :)

It's not there! Craptasmo. I e-mailed them about it earlier today and they never replied. :/ Anyone wanna try to give me the link for scheduling? That would be faaaabulous!

But congrats on your interview!! haha

Last edited:
Awwwwwwwwww yeaaaaaa..... Interview Invite this morning!

i also got an interview invite! does anyone know if it would be better to interview sooner rather than later? i.e., september vs. october?

i also got an interview invite! does anyone know if it would be better to interview sooner rather than later? i.e., september vs. october?
the concensus is the earlier the better. higher chance of acceptance I think.

Does anyone know how to get the LECOM discount for hotels via Scott Enterprises? Do you just mention it when you are booking the room?

those of you who already went to ur interviews, did u guys take anything to the interview (resume, publication etc.) and obviously everyone took their wallets or purses with them? I know weird question, but am wondering if i need to take my resume or anything with me

Also interviewing September 9th! I'm ecstatic.

Oh yeah and how long does the interview day last? It says on the portal it starts at 8am, but I'm just wondering how long we can expect to be there.

Does anyone know how to get the LECOM discount for hotels via Scott Enterprises? Do you just mention it when you are booking the room?

You just mention it when you call to make a reservation. Thats what i did

Hi,

I just got an email from LECOM regarding my app.
Thank you for applying to the LECOM Erie College of Medicine. The Office of Admissions received your AACOMAS application. It is currently under review and we will contact you regarding the status of your application

I thought they didn't even review it if we didn't have our MCAT scores in. Or is this normal? Thnx.

PS Mcat scores will be in by Sep.

Hi,

I just got an email from LECOM regarding my app.

I thought they didn't even review it if we didn't have our MCAT scores in. Or is this normal? Thnx.

PS Mcat scores will be in by Sep.

I think that's normal. They didn't send you a secondary yet right?

Oh yeah and how long does the interview day last? It says on the portal it starts at 8am, but I'm just wondering how long we can expect to be there.

The schedule has you there until 1PM, we were done in the ballpark of 12:30PM I think. Pretty much you are at lunch at noon, they take your nametag back, and you can pretty much leave when you want. I stayed and talked with the second year students that they provide to you for questions/discussion.

those of you who already went to ur interviews, did u guys take anything to the interview (resume, publication etc.) and obviously everyone took their wallets or purses with them? I know weird question, but am wondering if i need to take my resume or anything with me

I had my keys, wallet, watch, a pen, a comb, and gum with me. I wrote on the back of my itinerary. Some people did bring nice quality notebooks (i.e. leather) and wrote in those.

Seems my portal status is blank. Anyone else have the same thin on their portal?

Mine also went blank as soon as I was granted an interview.

Mine also went blank as soon as I was granted an interview.

Alright! I think I got an invite! No email, but I did check the interview tab on the portal page and it allows me to select a date.

Mine went blank after I got my interview invite, and I had to call the school for them to fix some sort of glitch. Scheduled it, and now everything's back to normal.

Just rescheduled my interview from 8/19 to 10/7! I am out of the country right now, but I am really psyched about this one! Go neighboring state! I am excited!
Who else is on 10/7?

I completed a SMP and am reapplying. Retaking the MCAT next week. Should I submit my primary for this school now or wait till I get my mcat score back. Last yr, I was rejected and the school didnt wait for my new mcat scores.

I completed a SMP and am reapplying. Retaking the MCAT next week. Should I submit my primary for this school now or wait till I get my mcat score back. Last yr, I was rejected and the school didnt wait for my new mcat scores.

If you haven't submitted your primary yet to AACOMAS, I would pick a school that you're not super interested in going to and submit. That way they can get started on your verification process while you wait for your MCAT score. Then when you get it back, just add LECOM to the list, pay, and then it'll be submitted right away.

How long were you guys complete before offered an interview?

If you haven't submitted your primary yet to AACOMAS, I would pick a school that you're not super interested in going to and submit. That way they can get started on your verification process while you wait for your MCAT score. Then when you get it back, just add LECOM to the list, pay, and then it'll be submitted right away.

Thanks. Will do by tomorrow!

Interview scheduled for 10/7!!! :)

Last edited: