This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surgeryDO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
LECOM Bradenton is rolling out a one year, 38 credit, Master of Medical Science program with the first class to start in June.

On their website it states "Students who successfully complete the MMS program and apply to LECOM through the channels appropriate to their area of interest (medicine, dentistry, or pharmacy) and meet all other standards and requirements for admission will be assured of an interview."

Is anyone else applying for this program?

http://lecom.edu/academics/masters-degree-programs/master-of-medical-science/

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Woah!! count me in. I am signing up for the Erie post-bacc right now and man do I not want to live in the snow.

omg thank you!! I'm applying ASAP (and I'm also applying to the postbac program, but I'm from the south so staying away from snow is a PLUS)

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't see any information on the type of STATS they are looking for, or LOR etc. I'm going to give them a call soon!

So I went ahead and applied for a inquiry and I'll receive an email within a week to fill out the application. I will give them a call tomorrow and ask what type of requirements they are looking for. I'll update this post when I do.

Thanks @surgeryDO don't think I would've seen this program if it wasn't for u!!

So I went ahead and applied for a inquiry and I'll receive an email within a week to fill out the application. I will give them a call tomorrow and ask what type of requirements they are looking for. I'll update this post when I do.

Thanks @surgeryDO don't think I would've seen this program if it wasn't for u!!

No problem. Good luck! I applied last Thursday and my file was reviewed by Friday so it seems like they will be moving quickly. My status in the portal says, "
The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days," so I'm not quite sure what to expect.

I was emailing with Annette Shively last week about the program and I asked about stats. She couldn't give me any numbers as for what competitive stats would be. The only thing I could find is the minimum GPA is a 2.7 as per --> http://lecom.edu/admissions/entrance-requirements/master-of-medical-sciences-entrance-requirements/

Also, if you applied to the osteopathic program they can use your transcripts and letters from that app.

No problem. Good luck! I applied last Thursday and my file was reviewed by Friday so it seems like they will be moving quickly. My status in the portal says, "
The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days," so I'm not quite sure what to expect.

I was emailing with Annette Shively last week about the program and I asked about stats. She couldn't give me any numbers as for what competitive stats would be. The only thing I could find is the minimum GPA is a 2.7 as per --> http://lecom.edu/admissions/entrance-requirements/master-of-medical-sciences-entrance-requirements/

Also, if you applied to the osteopathic program they can use your transcripts and letters from that app.

Thank you! I'm dental and filled out an application for LECOM dental (but I haven't heard a peep, so I assumed I'm silently rejected lol). Do you think they will take my transcript and LOR from there? I will shoot Annette Shively an email about that.

and the fact they made a decision for you so quickly, I think you're accepted! Do you know if they have the same linkage as the postbac? Or if we are allowed to apply during the program instead of after?

I hope you guys like PBL

I applied and was accepted today!

Reactions: 1 users
So Annette called me and told me they put my application on hold because they want my new DAT score in April (my score now is low and doesn't make their minimum).

I appreciate that they called me and told me my application status. Wow, they have my respect for that!

I received my acceptance in the mail yesterday and called Dr. Berezniak today with some questions from a premedical standpoint. This is what I was told today.

Will we need to retake the MCAT as part of the Master program? No, as long as you do well and achieve above a 3.0 in the master program you should be fine.

Are any of the classes with the medical students? No

What does a typical schedule look like? Class for about 4 hours each day, Mon-Fri.

Will any of the credits transfer into the osteopathic program? They are looking at getting 2 classes, Behavioral Medicine and Legal Issues in Healthcare, approved to transfer but they are not as of now.

Is the Master program a PBL style curriculum like the medical school? No, it will be lectures discussions.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received my acceptance in the mail yesterday and called Dr. Berezniak today with some questions from a premedical standpoint. This is what I was told today.

Will we need to retake the MCAT as part of the Master program? No, as long as you do well and achieve above a 3.0 in the master program you should be fine.

What does a typical schedule look like? Class for about 4 hours each day, Mon-Fri.

Will any of the credits transfer into the osteopathic program? They are looking at getting 2 classes, Behavioral Medicine and Legal Issues in Healthcare, approved to transfer but they are not as of now.

Is the Master program a PBL style curriculum like the medical school? No, it will be lectures discussions.

Are you planning to attend? Also, do you know how much it is?

Seems very similar to their Post Bac program in Erie!

I applied and was accepted today!

Do you guys mind providing ballpark stats for the rest of us applying?

497 MCAT
3.2 sgpa
3.1 cgpa

I know they give you an interview if you complete the program with a 3.0
Does that mean you will be in the 2017 class or wait until u complete the program fully for 2018?

Should be for the class entering 2017.

How lengthy should my answer be to the essay question? Is this a personal statement?

Seeing that this program is at the Bradenton campus, does anyone know if the masters is intended to lead into the DO program at LECOM Bradenton? I just wonder if most of the class would be uprooted and sent up north after the year.

Seeing that this program is at the Bradenton campus, does anyone know if the masters is intended to lead into the DO program at LECOM Bradenton? I just wonder if most of the class would be uprooted and sent up north after the year.
On that same note, I wonder if current Tampa/Bradenton residents would be allowed to stay at LECOM-B.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using SDN mobile

How lengthy should my answer be to the essay question? Is this a personal statement?

Mine was a little over a page and I used bits from my personal statement while also adding in why I wanted to do the master program.

Seeing as the campuses operate separately and you apply for them all separately through AACOMAS, the interviews we are "assured" if we maintain above a 3.0 should be for the Bradenton campus. I don't think they could guarantee us an interview for a different campus if we are applying for LECOM-Bradenton.

Thank you! I'm dental and filled out an application for LECOM dental (but I haven't heard a peep, so I assumed I'm silently rejected lol). Do you think they will take my transcript and LOR from there? I will shoot Annette Shively an email about that.

and the fact they made a decision for you so quickly, I think you're accepted! Do you know if they have the same linkage as the postbac? Or if we are allowed to apply during the program instead of after?
Did she end up responding to you about the transcript and LOR?

Did she end up responding to you about the transcript and LOR?

Yes! If you filled out a medical/dental application this year they get your transcripts and LOR from there so you don't have to send them.

(idk about pharmacy)

Submitted my application today. Is there a secondary we have to do after or its that it? and what is the typical turnaround time between submitting it and a finding out your decision? Also I talked to Annette Shively today and she said that there is a good bit of seats open.
Stats: Interviewed and waitlisted at LECOM-Bradenton so I have a good feeling about this program, 27 MCAT (503 Equivalent) 10 PS, 9 BS, 8 VR. 3.35 GPA 3.5 Science GPA

Submitted my application today. Is there a secondary we have to do after or its that it? and what is the typical turnaround time between submitting it and a finding out your decision? Also I talked to Annette Shively today and she said that there is a good bit of seats open.
Stats: Interviewed and waitlisted at LECOM-Bradenton so I have a good feeling about this program, 27 MCAT (503 Equivalent) 10 PS, 9 BS, 8 VR. 3.35 GPA 3.5 Science GPA

No secondary! I would give it about a week, that's how long they took to look at my application! Good luck

I spoke with Annette a couple of weeks ago and asked if the interview would be just for the Bradenton campus or not. If I heard right, she said it would actually be an interview considered for all three campuses, though I think it would be awesome if someone else could help confirm this for sure.

Congrats! What were your stats if you don't mind me asking. I have everything in just need to send in my letter this week.

3.2 cgpa
3.1 sgpa

Does anyone know how many they are taking and where I can find reviews or feedback from students who have done this route? Or is this the first year they have had it?

3.2 cgpa
3.1 sgpa

Does anyone know how many they are taking and where I can find reviews or feedback from students who have done this route? Or is this the first year they have had it?
I heard this is the first year of the MS Medical Science and they are aiming for a class size of ~75 students.

Hey guys, I just called to ask admissions a few questions about this program and thought I'd share what I was told. I asked about their MCAT requirement for the program and Annette said the minimum requirement is a 490, and that if you maintain a 3.0 in the program and your interview goes well then you will not need to retake the MCAT. I also asked about financial aid, and she said that it is set up and available for students. :)

Hey guys! I applied to Lecom school of dental medicine and currently on the wait list. I applied to the masters program last Tuesday, my file was complete and under review by Wednesday, and my file now says "a decision has been made. You will receive an official letter within 30 days." Hoping to hear good news soon!

My stats are - 3.5 cgpa and 3.6 sgpa

Does anyone know how many seats are being offered? Also, if you get the 3.0 and interview anyone know the chances of actually matriculating?

Does anyone know how many seats are being offered? Also, if you get the 3.0 and interview anyone know the chances of actually matriculating?
I believe they are shooting for ~75 seats, but I imagine that some are reserved for the dental track and pharm track.

applied 3/25
accepted 04/01

stats:
3.3 overall GPA
3.1 science GPA
499 MCAT

I'm a little stressed now about finding a roommate/somewhere to live by June.. I currently live in North Carolina. Does anyone have any recommendations about reasonably priced apartments or houses?

You guys make me nervous! Wont be able to send my app until end of April after my retake. Hope they still have room!

Are you guys nervous about it being a new program? I'm a little worried about the work load.

applied 3/25
accepted 04/01

stats:
3.3 overall GPA
3.1 science GPA
499 MCAT

I'm a little stressed now about finding a roommate/somewhere to live by June.. I currently live in North Carolina. Does anyone have any recommendations about reasonably priced apartments or houses?

You should add the FB groups of current dental/medical/pharm school classes. They post quite often looking for roommates.

I was accepted today with an interest in dental school. Does anybody have information on how difficult the classes will be? Any information on how much the program will help us get accepted into our respective professional schools (medicine, dental, pharm)?

I am going to contact the program to get some information on this.

wondering the same thing. Contact the program and let me know what they say about our chances of matriculating. I will email them right now to see what they say, ill keep you updated.