surgeryDO

7+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2011
Hogwarts
  1. Pre-Medical
    LECOM Bradenton is rolling out a one year, 38 credit, Master of Medical Science program with the first class to start in June.

On their website it states "Students who successfully complete the MMS program and apply to LECOM through the channels appropriate to their area of interest (medicine, dentistry, or pharmacy) and meet all other standards and requirements for admission will be assured of an interview."

Is anyone else applying for this program?

http://lecom.edu/academics/masters-degree-programs/master-of-medical-science/

Reactions: 1 user
    About the Ads

stag123

2+ Year Member
    May 9, 2014
    1. Pre-Dental
      So I went ahead and applied for a inquiry and I'll receive an email within a week to fill out the application. I will give them a call tomorrow and ask what type of requirements they are looking for. I'll update this post when I do.

Thanks @surgeryDO don't think I would've seen this program if it wasn't for u!!

surgeryDO

7+ Year Member
      Jun 7, 2011
      Hogwarts
      1. Pre-Medical
        So I went ahead and applied for a inquiry and I'll receive an email within a week to fill out the application. I will give them a call tomorrow and ask what type of requirements they are looking for. I'll update this post when I do.

Thanks @surgeryDO don't think I would've seen this program if it wasn't for u!!

No problem. Good luck! I applied last Thursday and my file was reviewed by Friday so it seems like they will be moving quickly. My status in the portal says, "
        The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days," so I'm not quite sure what to expect.

I was emailing with Annette Shively last week about the program and I asked about stats. She couldn't give me any numbers as for what competitive stats would be. The only thing I could find is the minimum GPA is a 2.7 as per --> http://lecom.edu/admissions/entrance-requirements/master-of-medical-sciences-entrance-requirements/

Also, if you applied to the osteopathic program they can use your transcripts and letters from that app.

stag123

2+ Year Member
        May 9, 2014
        1. Pre-Dental
          No problem. Good luck! I applied last Thursday and my file was reviewed by Friday so it seems like they will be moving quickly. My status in the portal says, "
          The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days," so I'm not quite sure what to expect.

I was emailing with Annette Shively last week about the program and I asked about stats. She couldn't give me any numbers as for what competitive stats would be. The only thing I could find is the minimum GPA is a 2.7 as per --> http://lecom.edu/admissions/entrance-requirements/master-of-medical-sciences-entrance-requirements/

Also, if you applied to the osteopathic program they can use your transcripts and letters from that app.

Thank you! I'm dental and filled out an application for LECOM dental (but I haven't heard a peep, so I assumed I'm silently rejected lol). Do you think they will take my transcript and LOR from there? I will shoot Annette Shively an email about that.

and the fact they made a decision for you so quickly, I think you're accepted! Do you know if they have the same linkage as the postbac? Or if we are allowed to apply during the program instead of after?

stag123

2+ Year Member
          May 9, 2014
          1. Pre-Dental
            So Annette called me and told me they put my application on hold because they want my new DAT score in April (my score now is low and doesn't make their minimum).

I appreciate that they called me and told me my application status. Wow, they have my respect for that!

surgeryDO

7+ Year Member
            Jun 7, 2011
            Hogwarts
            1. Pre-Medical
              I received my acceptance in the mail yesterday and called Dr. Berezniak today with some questions from a premedical standpoint. This is what I was told today.

Will we need to retake the MCAT as part of the Master program? No, as long as you do well and achieve above a 3.0 in the master program you should be fine.

Are any of the classes with the medical students? No

What does a typical schedule look like? Class for about 4 hours each day, Mon-Fri.

Will any of the credits transfer into the osteopathic program? They are looking at getting 2 classes, Behavioral Medicine and Legal Issues in Healthcare, approved to transfer but they are not as of now.

Is the Master program a PBL style curriculum like the medical school? No, it will be lectures discussions.

About the Ads

stag123

2+ Year Member
              May 9, 2014
              1. Pre-Dental
                I received my acceptance in the mail yesterday and called Dr. Berezniak today with some questions from a premedical standpoint. This is what I was told today.

Will we need to retake the MCAT as part of the Master program? No, as long as you do well and achieve above a 3.0 in the master program you should be fine.

What does a typical schedule look like? Class for about 4 hours each day, Mon-Fri.

Will any of the credits transfer into the osteopathic program? They are looking at getting 2 classes, Behavioral Medicine and Legal Issues in Healthcare, approved to transfer but they are not as of now.

Is the Master program a PBL style curriculum like the medical school? No, it will be lectures discussions.

Are you planning to attend? Also, do you know how much it is?

ctran019

forever med student
                10+ Year Member
                Mar 28, 2009
                California
                1. Medical Student (Accepted)
                  I applied and was accepted today!

Do you guys mind providing ballpark stats for the rest of us applying?

surgeryDO

7+ Year Member
                  Jun 7, 2011
                  Hogwarts
                  1. Pre-Medical

buiman11

7+ Year Member
                    May 21, 2014
                    Oklahoma
                    1. Pre-Medical
                      Seeing that this program is at the Bradenton campus, does anyone know if the masters is intended to lead into the DO program at LECOM Bradenton? I just wonder if most of the class would be uprooted and sent up north after the year.

About the Ads

Xul

Mar 2, 2016
                      1. Pre-Medical
                        Seeing that this program is at the Bradenton campus, does anyone know if the masters is intended to lead into the DO program at LECOM Bradenton? I just wonder if most of the class would be uprooted and sent up north after the year.
                        On that same note, I wonder if current Tampa/Bradenton residents would be allowed to stay at LECOM-B.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using SDN mobile

surgeryDO

7+ Year Member
                        Jun 7, 2011
                        Hogwarts
                        1. Pre-Medical

Seeing as the campuses operate separately and you apply for them all separately through AACOMAS, the interviews we are "assured" if we maintain above a 3.0 should be for the Bradenton campus. I don't think they could guarantee us an interview for a different campus if we are applying for LECOM-Bradenton.

Hopefulkid15

Mar 14, 2016
                          1. Pre-Dental
                            Thank you! I'm dental and filled out an application for LECOM dental (but I haven't heard a peep, so I assumed I'm silently rejected lol). Do you think they will take my transcript and LOR from there? I will shoot Annette Shively an email about that.

and the fact they made a decision for you so quickly, I think you're accepted! Do you know if they have the same linkage as the postbac? Or if we are allowed to apply during the program instead of after?
                            Did she end up responding to you about the transcript and LOR?

Cjohns30

Oct 13, 2014
                              Submitted my application today. Is there a secondary we have to do after or its that it? and what is the typical turnaround time between submitting it and a finding out your decision? Also I talked to Annette Shively today and she said that there is a good bit of seats open.
                              Stats: Interviewed and waitlisted at LECOM-Bradenton so I have a good feeling about this program, 27 MCAT (503 Equivalent) 10 PS, 9 BS, 8 VR. 3.35 GPA 3.5 Science GPA

stag123

2+ Year Member
                              May 9, 2014
                              1. Pre-Dental
                                Submitted my application today. Is there a secondary we have to do after or its that it? and what is the typical turnaround time between submitting it and a finding out your decision? Also I talked to Annette Shively today and she said that there is a good bit of seats open.
                                Stats: Interviewed and waitlisted at LECOM-Bradenton so I have a good feeling about this program, 27 MCAT (503 Equivalent) 10 PS, 9 BS, 8 VR. 3.35 GPA 3.5 Science GPA

No secondary! I would give it about a week, that's how long they took to look at my application! Good luck

About the Ads

buiman11

7+ Year Member
                                May 21, 2014
                                Oklahoma
                                1. Pre-Medical
                                  I spoke with Annette a couple of weeks ago and asked if the interview would be just for the Bradenton campus or not. If I heard right, she said it would actually be an interview considered for all three campuses, though I think it would be awesome if someone else could help confirm this for sure.

orgolover2

Jun 21, 2015
                                  1. Medical Student
                                    Hey guys, I just called to ask admissions a few questions about this program and thought I'd share what I was told. I asked about their MCAT requirement for the program and Annette said the minimum requirement is a 490, and that if you maintain a 3.0 in the program and your interview goes well then you will not need to retake the MCAT. I also asked about financial aid, and she said that it is set up and available for students. :)

AuntDr

2+ Year Member
                                    Jan 5, 2016
                                    1. Pre-Dental
                                      Hey guys! I applied to Lecom school of dental medicine and currently on the wait list. I applied to the masters program last Tuesday, my file was complete and under review by Wednesday, and my file now says "a decision has been made. You will receive an official letter within 30 days." Hoping to hear good news soon!

My stats are - 3.5 cgpa and 3.6 sgpa

jessicacooper5

Apr 2, 2016
                                      1. Pre-Medical
                                        applied 3/25
                                        accepted 04/01

stats:
                                        3.3 overall GPA
                                        3.1 science GPA
                                        499 MCAT

I'm a little stressed now about finding a roommate/somewhere to live by June.. I currently live in North Carolina. Does anyone have any recommendations about reasonably priced apartments or houses?

stag123

2+ Year Member
                                        May 9, 2014
                                        1. Pre-Dental
                                          You guys make me nervous! Wont be able to send my app until end of April after my retake. Hope they still have room!

Are you guys nervous about it being a new program? I'm a little worried about the work load.

stag123

2+ Year Member
                                          May 9, 2014
                                          1. Pre-Dental
                                            applied 3/25
                                            accepted 04/01

stats:
                                            3.3 overall GPA
                                            3.1 science GPA
                                            499 MCAT

I'm a little stressed now about finding a roommate/somewhere to live by June.. I currently live in North Carolina. Does anyone have any recommendations about reasonably priced apartments or houses?

You should add the FB groups of current dental/medical/pharm school classes. They post quite often looking for roommates.

mrfresh9900

May 27, 2014
                                            1. Pre-Dental
                                              I was accepted today with an interest in dental school. Does anybody have information on how difficult the classes will be? Any information on how much the program will help us get accepted into our respective professional schools (medicine, dental, pharm)?

I am going to contact the program to get some information on this.

mrfresh9900

May 27, 2014
                                              1. Pre-Dental
                                                Does anyone know how many seats are being offered? Also, if you get the 3.0 and interview anyone know the chances of actually matriculating?
                                                wondering the same thing. Contact the program and let me know what they say about our chances of matriculating. I will email them right now to see what they say, ill keep you updated.

About the Ads
                                                This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                                                2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                                3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                                4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                                                5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                                                6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                                7. This thread is locked.