This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those that have been accepted and met the 3.0 gpa and MCAT or DAT score, is your seat going to be "locked" (assuming interview goes well)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Finishing up senior year of college this spring, will apply next cycle. Very interested thus far! Good luck to all those applying!
Stats should be around 3.0cGpa, 515Mcat

Wow, I just found out about this program... How was it for the first class? Were any of you accepted?

E V E R Y T H R E A D hahahaha. You gonna apply to this one too? It looks like it has the same rules as the post bacc at Erie for acceptance right?

E V E R Y T H R E A D hahahaha. You gonna apply to this one too? It looks like it has the same rules as the post bacc at Erie for acceptance right?

They have a newer forum for this upcoming year..

Last edited:
Can someone currently in this Masters please give me feedback. I was a former Post bacc student at Erie and had to withdraw for family issues and am interested in pursuing this Masters instead. Since I was in Post bacc I was able to assess the difficulty level of the Post bacc. Anyone have information on how many kids have withdrawn/failed thus far? How you would rate the program's difficulty level? Particularly physio since I found that to be on the more challenging side in the Post bacc. Thanks!

For those who have been accepted, was it a quick turn around in finding out that you were accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone currently in this Masters please give me feedback. I was a former Post bacc student at Erie and had to withdraw for family issues and am interested in pursuing this Masters instead. Since I was in Post bacc I was able to assess the difficulty level of the Post bacc. Anyone have information on how many kids have withdrawn/failed thus far? How you would rate the program's difficulty level? Particularly physio since I found that to be on the more challenging side in the Post bacc. Thanks!

We started with 80 or 81, and are now at 72. Some got into other schools and left, though there were those who dropped. Of our class of 72, there are people who failed classes (10% of our class failed physio in the summer, that's why I bring it up). The school made it clear, if you fail, the best you can hope for is a wait-listed status. I would assume the difficulty is similar to the Erie post-bacc.

Last edited:
For those of you accepted did you get notification in the mail? I applied about a week ago and looked at my portal and it says that a decision has been made and I will get a letter in the mail. Does that mean I got in or was rejected? HELP

For those of you accepted did you get notification in the mail? I applied about a week ago and looked at my portal and it says that a decision has been made and I will get a letter in the mail. Does that mean I got in or was rejected? HELP
Please read previous posts. If you call the office they will tell you.

Thank you I emailed them and I was accepted just waiting to get the actual letter in the mail!! I have been looking but I have not seen the actual date the program starts, can anyone let me know?

Thank you I emailed them and I was accepted just waiting to get the actual letter in the mail!! I have been looking but I have not seen the actual date the program starts, can anyone let me know?
It starts on June 12th. You should join the FB group!

I was told that neither program "guarantees" acceptance. They only guarantee an interview if you maintain a 3.0 ... But obviously to be competitive, you want to maintain higher than that! Also, I was told by Lisa that you may have a better chance in the dental program if you attend the masters because it will give you a chance to interact with the professors. Whereas, if you are in Erie, you will almost be more like any other candidate!

Hope that helps! Good luck in your decisions and endeavors

For what reasons does LECOM Dental prefer the MMS program over Post-Bac in Erie, PA? I am also pre-dental!

Is it still possible to apply for this program?

Probably.
Then call and ask, the campus number is (941) 756-0690, ask to speak to someone about the Masters of Medical Sciences (MMS) program.

Last day to apply was by May 1. I tried to apply but they told me it was too late
You can still apply for the post-bacc program

Can anyone who has done or is currently doing this program comment on what the day to day schedule is like? I saw M-F starting at 8 for approximately 4 hours but any other details would be great. Are lectures recorded? Is attendance required? How do you feel about the difficulty of the program? Have other people who did well and then went on to Lecom B DO school commented on how well it prepared them?

Much appreciated

I plan on applying on Sept 1st for this program. Anyone else plan on doing this for June 2018?

Hey guys, I'm interested in this program and wanted to know what you guys think my chance of getting into this program is. cGPA: 3.40, sGPA: 3.10, MCAT: 496 (I know on practice tests I had such a higher score, but my nerves were going crazy the day of the test).

You're right in line with their averages. Got an email from them today

Just applied for the next class. Originally applied for DO program:
2.98 gpa
3.7 post-bacc science gpa
3.72 MBA gpa
506 MCAT
Haven't heard anything in terms of interview invite so decided I would try this route. Anyone else applying for the 2018 July start time? And does anyone know how long it takes them to get back to you if accepted?

I'm awaiting a decision on my file as well for the June 2018 class

Can anyone who has done or is currently doing this program comment on what the day to day schedule is like? I saw M-F starting at 8 for approximately 4 hours but any other details would be great. Are lectures recorded? Is attendance required? How do you feel about the difficulty of the program? Have other people who did well and then went on to Lecom B DO school commented on how well it prepared them?

Much appreciated

I'm currently in this program. 4 hours a day seems pretty accurate for the summer semester, but its dropped to 2ish a day for the Fall. Lectures are not recorded. Attendance is required, but it seems like most of the fall classes have stopped tracking who comes and who doesnt.

Difficulty is a little harder than undergrad in terms of material difficulty, but there is no homework to boost your grade. Most classes are entirely based on tests. No +/- system either, so theres more pressure to make sure you get an A.

Since this is only the second year of the program, there isn't much feedback on how the program preps you yet, but supposedly, last years masters students have performed statistically better on the first examination of the medical program.

Ill try to answer any other questions, if anyone has any.

Does anyone know if they can pull your letters of recommendation from your LECOM dental/med application, or if you need a new one specifically for the masters program? Tried emailing admissions, but have not gotten a reply.

Does anyone know if they can pull your letters of recommendation from your LECOM dental/med application, or if you need a new one specifically for the masters program? Tried emailing admissions, but have not gotten a reply.
They did this for my file

Reactions: 1 user

They can pull them but you might have to call them to let them know you have an old app. I called and they transferred everything over. I just had to send in a new transcript for a class I took and send LORs.

Anyone know what the usual turn around time is between application and decision? I applied 2-3 weeks ago hoping sooner would be better and faster.

I called them after I noticed my portal said that the committee made a decision on my file. Official acceptance letter comes in the mail.

I called them after I noticed my portal said that the committee made a decision on my file. Official acceptance letter comes in the mail.

Ah yeah I called them this AM. Didn't get in. The guy I spoke with was very nice and helpful, reviewed my app and said I can't speak for the adcom but everything was very strong except for the MCAT which was 496. No waitlist either. He encouraged me to get it up to at least a 497 and then I'd have a good shot. So I had a 496, high science and overall gpa, 4 years RN with ICU experience, volunteering, and 3 strong LORs one which came from a graduate of their school.

Extra info for future applicants. He said they're leaning towards a minimum of 497 with at least a 40% in chem/phys and bio. Supposedly they're seeing a trend with those scores where their students are not performing as well as expected. Kind of confuses me because I thought main point of the masters was to show that your mcat or another part of the app is weak but here's your chance to prove you can handle the course work . But I guess if they're seeing the trend and students aren't proving they can hack it then it is what it is.

Anyways, good luck everyone

Ah yeah I called them this AM. Didn't get in. The guy I spoke with was very nice and helpful, reviewed my app and said I can't speak for the adcom but everything was very strong except for the MCAT which was 496. No waitlist either. He encouraged me to get it up to at least a 497 and then I'd have a good shot. So I had a 496, high science and overall gpa, 4 years RN with ICU experience, volunteering, and 3 strong LORs one which came from a graduate of their school.

Extra info for future applicants. He said they're leaning towards a minimum of 497 with at least a 40% in chem/phys and bio. Supposedly they're seeing a trend with those scores where their students are not performing as well as expected. Kind of confuses me because I thought main point of the masters was to show that your mcat or another part of the app is weak but here's your chance to prove you can handle the course work . But I guess if they're seeing the trend and students aren't proving they can hack it then it is what it is.

Anyways, good luck everyone
I'm terribly sorry to hear that it did not pan out for you. I hope that a different opportunity comes your way. If it makes you feel any better, this masters program is only one of seven that I have been accepted to and not rejected from. In my experience, these SMPs tend to accept a specific cohort of students that they feel match well with their programs (and eventual medical programs) mission statements. This means that there are many other opportunities out there for you in which you will have a better chance. I wish you the best of luck.

I'm terribly sorry to hear that it did not pan out for you. I hope that a different opportunity comes your way. If it makes you feel any better, this masters program is only one of seven that I have been accepted to and not rejected from. In my experience, these SMPs tend to accept a specific cohort of students that they feel match well with their programs (and eventual medical programs) mission statements. This means that there are many other opportunities out there for you in which you will have a better chance. I wish you the best of luck.

I appreciate it. Yeah I feel like LECOM would've been the best fit but you never know. When I was in school our curriculum was PBL heavy and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Now I have to evaluate things. The most financially sensible and sane thing to do would honestly be to go the FNP or CRNA route so I have some thinking to do. Good luck!

Have some stats for last years group if anyone is interested:

We started with 75 people, and 68 completed the program.

44/53 people wanting to go Med got in. The average program GPA for them was 3.49.
10/14 people wanting to go Dent got in. The average program GPA for them was 3.27.
2/2 people wanting to go Pharm got in. The average program GPA for them was 2.9.

For medicine, a conditional acceptance was typically given to those who had a 3.4 by the end of the Fall, and required a 3.3 Cum to keep. Those who didn't get conditional acceptances typically got alternate acceptances if they had above a 3.0.

In addition, it looks like they are adding something for our group this year, where as long as you have a Spring GPA above 3.3, and Cum above 3, you are likely to get an acceptance. The programs pretty fair about given students opportunities.

Reactions: 1 users
What exactly were the averages that they told you? And what were your stats, if you don't mind me asking.
You can call or email.them and they’ll give you the information. Hal is the program coordinator. Super helpful.

Have some stats for last years group if anyone is interested:

We started with 75 people, and 68 completed the program.

44/53 people wanting to go Med got in. The average program GPA for them was 3.49.
10/14 people wanting to go Dent got in. The average program GPA for them was 3.27.
2/2 people wanting to go Pharm got in. The average program GPA for them was 2.9.

For medicine, a conditional acceptance was typically given to those who had a 3.4 by the end of the Fall, and required a 3.3 Cum to keep. Those who didn't get conditional acceptances typically got alternate acceptances if they had above a 3.0.

In addition, it looks like they are adding something for our group this year, where as long as you have a Spring GPA above 3.3, and Cum above 3, you are likely to get an acceptance. The programs pretty fair about given students opportunities.
Quick question for those in the program or have taken it. In your opinion, is it possible to juggle both a PT job and this program?

Quick question for those in the program or have taken it. In your opinion, is it possible to juggle both a PT job and this program?
No it will not be possible. The first part of the program is not too bad during the summer, but we are in the final stretch of the fall session right now, and its pretty brutal. I mean if you have very good time management skills then you won't be too stressed, but if you are doing a SMP your only focus should be the program.

Not to intrude in your personal life, but is it because of financial reasons? You can take loans for the program if you need.

With this program all you need to do is do well and you will get accepted, you don't have to be doing demanding ECs.

Also, are you going med or dental route?

No it will not be possible. The first part of the program is not too bad during the summer, but we are in the final stretch of the fall session right now, and its pretty brutal. I mean if you have very good time management skills then you won't be too stressed, but if you are doing a SMP your only focus should be the program.

Not to intrude in your personal life, but is it because of financial reasons? You can take loans for the program if you need.

With this program all you need to do is do well and you will get accepted, you don't have to be doing demanding ECs.

Also, are you going med or dental route?
Thanks for your reply! I'm going med. I am asking due to financial reasons, yeah. My girlfriend and I want to be prepared as possible before June, that's why I ask.