Letters of recommendation for specialty and GPR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slinden13

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I applied for a specialty and unfortunately did not get any interviews. I am currently applying for gpr's and was wondering if I should get new letters of recommendation. A couple of my letters were based on my specialty and don't know if it will affect my application to a gpr

Members don't see this ad.

If the letters specifically mentioned that specialty, I would definitely get new letters. I would honestly ask for new letters from the same faculty just to be safe.

If the letters specifically mentioned that specialty, I would definitely get new letters. I would honestly ask for new letters from the same faculty just to be safe.

I agree with what BellaNella mentioned- as an AEGD site director, it really bothers me when I review a letter of rec for an applicant applying for our program and the faculty mentions in the rec that he/she highly recommends applicant for ________ specialty. It makes it seem like applying for an AEGD/GPR was just an afterthought.