-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LMU c/o 2022 applicants
Started by southpaw93
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Nope, just junk emails 🙁Anyone hear anything? Anyone?!!!![]()
Nothing so far 🙁Anyone hear anything? Anyone?!!!![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This anxiety is not helping my already present anxiety because i'm presenting my research at a conference today!!
4th years should’ve gotten their navle scores back about a month or so ago if they took them in December. The school might not know for sure yet if they’re granted full accreditation until the whole class graduates in a couple months especially since I think there’s a second round of the navle coming up for people who need to retake.Me too!!!!
On another note any of the 4th year students, when will they know about their scores on their exam ( NAVLE)...for the full accreditation post graduation? Thanks
Thanks!4th years should’ve gotten their navle scores back about a month or so ago if they took them in December. The school might not know for sure yet if they’re granted full accreditation until the whole class graduates in a couple months especially since I think there’s a second round of the navle coming up for people who need to retake.
Was just about to post on here then I got the email that it will be the first week of April...
Hello....!
We had initially hoped to have all admissions decisions finalized by March 15, however, the Admissions Committee needed a little more time to make sure that they were making optimal decisions that were best for you and the Lincoln Memorial University-College of Veterinary Medicine. We certainly do not want to create confusion or panic – so we wanted to let you know the updated period for alladmissions decisions.
At this time, the Admissions Committee is planning to have decisions go out the first week of April, this correspondence will go out via the email that you supplied on your VMCAS application and via postal service.
We apologize for the delay in relaying this information to you – but we wanted to let you know that we are still here to answer any questions that you may have pertaining to your application. You can reach our Admissions Assistant, Melanie Adams at 423.869.6537 or email your questions to [email protected].
We had initially hoped to have all admissions decisions finalized by March 15, however, the Admissions Committee needed a little more time to make sure that they were making optimal decisions that were best for you and the Lincoln Memorial University-College of Veterinary Medicine. We certainly do not want to create confusion or panic – so we wanted to let you know the updated period for alladmissions decisions.
At this time, the Admissions Committee is planning to have decisions go out the first week of April, this correspondence will go out via the email that you supplied on your VMCAS application and via postal service.
We apologize for the delay in relaying this information to you – but we wanted to let you know that we are still here to answer any questions that you may have pertaining to your application. You can reach our Admissions Assistant, Melanie Adams at 423.869.6537 or email your questions to [email protected].
Was just about to post on here then I got the email that it will be the first week of April...
At this point it's hard to not be disappointed and a little unimpressed with how they have handled this admission round. I will not be attending as I have already received offers elsewhere, but for other people who need to know and need to sign leases and find housing and know whether they should apply to masters programs etc, it just seems like a huge string-along process [emoji24]Just got the email from LMU saying all decisions will go out by the first week of April UGHHHHHHHHHH
JFC that’s ridiculous. I’m sorry to all you guys who applied there this cycle. I hope they get it together and are able to send stuff out sooner than the first week of April.
shout out to LMU for that HEART ATTACK EMAIL
JFC that’s ridiculous. I’m sorry to all you guys who applied there this cycle. I hope they get it together and are able to send stuff out sooner than the first week of April.
Yeah it's pretty crappy I knew mine would take a while considering I was the 1/29 interview date but not that long you know? I'm hoping that they'll let us know before if they can so I'm not forced into making my decision and getting they money for my deposit in a minimum of 10 days (that's saying they'll send them to us on Friday April 6 which I would not be surprised at)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I literally cannot believe we have to wait 3 MORE WEEKS.
Like I seriously interviewed in October, whyyyyy does it take that long to tell me if you like me or not. I don't understand their admission process...
Sent from my KIW-L24 using SDN mobile
Sent from my KIW-L24 using SDN mobile
Hoping I hear back from Kansas or Iowa before then because to give us less than 2 weeks to come up with $1250 is beyond rediculous
Wow... I withdrew my application awhile ago because I got into my instate, but I seriously cannot believe that they pushed it back to April. I interviewed in October and to think that they still wouldn’t have gotten back to me is just ridiculous. I’m sorry for all of you who are still waiting on a decision, that seriously sucks:/ I don’t get how they won’t give a decision until two weeks before the deadline...
To be honest, they reallyyy need to start interviewing less applicants. I think that’s why they’re so overwhelmed right now, and it’s really unfair to keep everyone waiting like this
That is also ridiculous.I'm sorry to all of those who are waiting! What is also kind of crazy is I got an email today saying accepted student's day is April 13th, so that really doesn't give those accepted a lot of time to make travel arrangements.
Having to come up with almost $1300 AND make travel arrangements in less than a week if you want to attend accepted students day and see the school again
That is also ridiculous.
Having to come up with almost $1300 AND make travel arrangements in less than a week if you want to attend accepted students day and see the school again
Yeah I know that based on this new deadline IF I get in, I definitely wouldnt be able to go to accepted students day. I’m currently doing a full time internship for my masters program so I know i wouldnt be able to take off. Its a shame bc accepted students days are usually really fun and let you meet your classmates and stuff and I would have liked to go
Honestly really disappointed in their process. Seems very unorganized which doesn’t bode well for the school. I’m not surprised if lots of people accept offers elsewhere...At this point it's hard to not be disappointed and a little unimpressed with how they have handled this admission round. I will not be attending as I have already received offers elsewhere, but for other people who need to know and need to sign leases and find housing and know whether they should apply to masters programs etc, it just seems like a huge string-along process [emoji24]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When people ask me if I have heard back from LMU yet, my response is a fit of maniacal laughter.
When people ask me if I have heard back from LMU yet, I go into a fit of maniacal laughter.
I laugh to stop from crying
Check your junk/spam mail folder! What was the last email they sent you? I would get in contact with them.
Is anyone planning on going to the accepted students day or can any current students comment on whether or not it's worth while? I'd kind of like to see the school again but I'm not sure it's worth the time off from work if I can get it plus the cost of flying, renting a car, and booking a hotel etc. Especially since it's so close to when the deposit money is due...
I plan on attending. I want to go, see, and ask questions again. The last time I was there I was so nervous... LolIs anyone planning on going to the accepted students day or can any current students comment on whether or not it's worth while? I'd kind of like to see the school again but I'm not sure it's worth the time off from work if I can get it plus the cost of flying, renting a car, and booking a hotel etc. Especially since it's so close to when the deposit money is due...
Do you guys think they will send any acceptances prior to the first week in April like they have been doing? Or just save everything until the first week now?
My guess is they’ll do everything all at once, whether it actually is the first week of April or before then. Why split it up if they already would know who they’re accepting, waitlisting, and rejectingDo you guys think they will send any acceptances prior to the first week in April like they have been doing? Or just save everything until the first week now?
As my fiancé and I are on our way home from Harrogate (hello 7 hour road trip) I figured I’d post some of the housing info I mentioned earlier for people who want to start looking at housing 🙂 theyre in no order and all the landladys text so feel free to shoot them a text too. Lol I spent so long researching and finding all of these so if I was able to help someone else find a place too, I’d feel like the 5 hours spent on dcomdo were slightly useful 

House 1
On Oxford Circle in Harrogate, about 6 minutes from LMU
3 bedroom, 2 bathroom rent: $1,200
This place was gorgeous, recently renovated with new tile/cabinets and kitchen appliances. Also a HUGE fenced in yard. Super pet friendly, too. There’s a 2 car carport and a 1 car garage. Is up on a hill overlooking LMU with amazing views. Has a laundry room with hookups but does not include washer/dryer machines. The owners are soooo sweet and would 100% recommend. This was our second choice. Brooke-423-736-8568
House 2
3 bedroom 2 bathroom ~$1000
In harrogate but more rural. Pet friendly but no fenced in yard. Away from major roads though so little concern. Has a screened in mud room though that I’m sure my cat would’ve loved lol. Bedrooms not huge, but decent sized and a large kitchen. Nice sized living room but no dining room. This house was sooo cold though lol not sure if the current tenant likes it cold but it was freezing and the weather outside was nice so it was strange to walk into an ice box
Shelly-(423) 851-2982
House 3
2 bedroom 2 bathroom ~$900
In Harrogate but in a more rural area. Has a huge yard (there are two trailers in the backyard that you can apparently use for storage too) but it’s not fenced in. Not on a major road though so wasn’t a concern for us. Pet friendly with deposit. Big kitchen, includes washer and dryer and has a large mud room too. Shelly-(423) 851-2982
House 4
Middlesboro 2 bed 1.5 bath ~$825
This was by far the best deal price-wise!!! Pet friendly. Bedrooms on the smaller size but huge dining room and a decent sized living room. A garage and carport, as well. HUGE yard but not fenced in, and is on a busy road so your dog should probably be really obedient or electric fence maybe
Joan- (606) 269-2881
House 5
3 bed 2 bath in harrogate $1,200
Wasn’t able to tour this one but it’s pet friendly with a large fenced in yard and very nice landlady
Betty-(606) 246-0905
House 6
2 bed 1 bath in rural Harrogate with a basement ~$925
This was a really cute house with a full basement and 2 car garage. The bedrooms though were small. The kitchen was renovated and gorgeous, however the rest of the house had a lil bit of a 70’s feel, especially the flooring and bathroom. Living room is decently sized and there is a very large fenced in yard with a fire pit. The landlady is very sweet and is very accommodating
Nona-(865) 585-2389



House 1
On Oxford Circle in Harrogate, about 6 minutes from LMU
3 bedroom, 2 bathroom rent: $1,200
This place was gorgeous, recently renovated with new tile/cabinets and kitchen appliances. Also a HUGE fenced in yard. Super pet friendly, too. There’s a 2 car carport and a 1 car garage. Is up on a hill overlooking LMU with amazing views. Has a laundry room with hookups but does not include washer/dryer machines. The owners are soooo sweet and would 100% recommend. This was our second choice. Brooke-423-736-8568
House 2
3 bedroom 2 bathroom ~$1000
In harrogate but more rural. Pet friendly but no fenced in yard. Away from major roads though so little concern. Has a screened in mud room though that I’m sure my cat would’ve loved lol. Bedrooms not huge, but decent sized and a large kitchen. Nice sized living room but no dining room. This house was sooo cold though lol not sure if the current tenant likes it cold but it was freezing and the weather outside was nice so it was strange to walk into an ice box
Shelly-(423) 851-2982
House 3
2 bedroom 2 bathroom ~$900
In Harrogate but in a more rural area. Has a huge yard (there are two trailers in the backyard that you can apparently use for storage too) but it’s not fenced in. Not on a major road though so wasn’t a concern for us. Pet friendly with deposit. Big kitchen, includes washer and dryer and has a large mud room too. Shelly-(423) 851-2982
House 4
Middlesboro 2 bed 1.5 bath ~$825
This was by far the best deal price-wise!!! Pet friendly. Bedrooms on the smaller size but huge dining room and a decent sized living room. A garage and carport, as well. HUGE yard but not fenced in, and is on a busy road so your dog should probably be really obedient or electric fence maybe
Joan- (606) 269-2881
House 5
3 bed 2 bath in harrogate $1,200
Wasn’t able to tour this one but it’s pet friendly with a large fenced in yard and very nice landlady
Betty-(606) 246-0905
House 6
2 bed 1 bath in rural Harrogate with a basement ~$925
This was a really cute house with a full basement and 2 car garage. The bedrooms though were small. The kitchen was renovated and gorgeous, however the rest of the house had a lil bit of a 70’s feel, especially the flooring and bathroom. Living room is decently sized and there is a very large fenced in yard with a fire pit. The landlady is very sweet and is very accommodating
Nona-(865) 585-2389

Last edited:
Totally random but what do you guys think about tattoos in this field? I have a wrist tattoo and am a little concerned that people will look at me different....
I honestly don't think they're that big of a deal as much anymore. I know lots of vets and vet techs have them for sure as well as piercings, it just depends on where you work in terms of covering them. I work primarily at a small animal clinic as a tech where tattoos have to be covered, but just a bandage will suffice. Also they allow first and second hole ear piercings but that's about it. Other clinics I know of/have worked for are surprisingly lenient where they don't require tattoo/piercing cover-ups. It just really depends in my opinion.Totally random but what do you guys think about tattoos in this field? I have a wrist tattoo and am a little concerned that people will look at me different....
The clinic I work at allows tattoos to be seen and all kinds of piercings. It really just depends on where you work and your colleagues! And tattoos are always coverable 😉Totally random but what do you guys think about tattoos in this field? I have a wrist tattoo and am a little concerned that people will look at me different....
@singhb09 is covered in emTotally random but what do you guys think about tattoos in this field? I have a wrist tattoo and am a little concerned that people will look at me different....

Some people may think it’s not as professional but there are plenty of people who won’t care, but that’s like with anything in this world
Well if it makes you all feel better about the wait, a decent amount of students in my class (2020) were pulled the week of April 15?(the last week we had to decide where we were going to school) and had to deposite money by that Friday. I was notified that Tuesday and had to pay $1200 by Friday. Also there is a student in my class who was pulled off the waitlist a week into class because someone else went to their instate and they had a weekend to get down here so they could start class that Monday. Somewhere around campus I saw notes from the faculty meeting and I think around 200 seats were already offered (some were offered in March so I assume everyone/all interveiws were taken into account). They're probably waiting to see how many people chose to go elsewhere and give up seats. The amount of seats that open up probably determines how many people they waitlist (20 vs 90 empty seats). Once everyone picks a school in April, its going to be a scramble to fill empty spots. The fact that you haven't been denied yet is somewhat a good sign. From experience, being thrown onto a waitlist has the same effect as hearing nothing. You will still be sitting and waiting and wondering with an uncertain fate. Shoot I didn't get pulled from Midwestern's waitlist until June, but they gave me 24hrs to decide if I wanted to go there or LMU so that was nice of them. Just breath and enjoy the ride.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You know, I'm upset as much as the rest of you that they're taking longer, but the VMCAS deadline was also delayed, so maybe they just couldn't fix the schedule to work after that.
Just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt!
Just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt!
Good point, they needed 2 weeks more because we all got two weeks extra to apply. Also, I’m pretty sure they haven’t already offered 200 people seats yet (maybe that’s the plan?). They haven’t even offered the MS students seats at this point (last I checked with someone on here just a few days ago). If the MS students aren’t offered seats that would be pretty horrible.You know, I'm upset as much as the rest of you that they're taking longer, but the VMCAS deadline was also delayed, so maybe they just couldn't fix the schedule to work after that.
Just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt!
I am giving up my seat tomorrow. Here's to hoping one of you gets the call. 







Thanks! Also I loveeee your quote “we just use coconut oil” hahaha so accurateI am giving up my seat tomorrow. Here's to hoping one of you gets the call.![]()
I coincidentally received both my welcome banner/info today as well as an email confirmation that my withdrawal was confirmed. Good luck to you all on the waitlist as well as those prepping for first year!
Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile
