LMU c/o 2022 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just called! Holly said that they will continue to be sending out acceptances over the next few weeks because the committee is still meeting currently. :shrug: I will now be retiring from this forum as I'm literally going insane checking this every 5 minutes :nod:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Just called! Holly said that they will continue to be sending out acceptances over the next few weeks because the committee is still meeting currently. :shrug: I will now be retiring from this forum as I'm literally going insane checking this every 5 minutes :nod:

Ugh!! Seriously?!!! We have to decide by April 15th..this is insane. Hopefully we hear sooner rather than later..

Members don't see this ad :)
There isn’t a such thing as OOS for LMU, is there? It’s all the same? Congratulations!! Hopefully the rest of us will hear soon!!
Hehehe you’re totally right aren’t you. I just got so excited I posted my dream post :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 users
OOS acceptance emailed at 9:45a. I interviewed Oct 30th.

I have accepted my IS, Texas A&M and will send it my withdrawal.

Best to everyone and I hope someone puts my seat to good use :)

Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted from Kentucky!! Interviewed 1/29

Reactions: 4 users
Omg congrats accepted peeps!! I’m so happy for you! Would y’all mind posting your stats? I understand if you don’t want to!! Anybody from February heard anything? I haven’t!

Anyone from the Jan 22nd interview date here anything? Still waiting,... ugh lol. Congrats to those of you accepted today!

Reactions: 3 users
Ugh still nothing here. I mentally prepared myself to hear something back this week so to think it could be longer than that is crazy!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone from the Jan 22nd interview date here anything? Still waiting,... ugh lol. Congrats to those of you accepted today!
I interviewed Jan 22nd also and still nothinggg.

Yeah, I interviewed on Jan 22nd and I'm sitting here going over the whole interview in my head wondering if I said something stupid.

At this point, I'm applying to jobs that I can get with my degree just in case this doesn't work out... +pity+

Do they only send out emails on mondays and fridays or could it be any time during the week? I’m going crazy checking every day hahah

Doing computer work at my internship all day so you know I have this forum up constantly being refreshed lol also whoever has email notifications turned on I'm so sorry they give me a heartattack too :laugh:

Sorry if this notification gives you anxiety!!

My GPA: 3.26
Final 45: 2.9~
Experience: 7,000+ hours as a veterinary technician at a GP, 600+ hours at a feline sanctuary, 65 hours as a farm hand, other stuff
Lots of volunteer, charity work, masonic member since I was like 11.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
So, I was casually lurking last years thread (for the 1,000th time), and a bunch of people called/emailed them and they basically gave the same response that we are hearing...and they all still found out March 16th...so I’m still not losing hope that it could be at the end of this week that we finally hear something!! Which is in 2 days :nailbiting:

Reactions: 1 user
So, I was casually lurking last years thread (for the 1,000th time), and a bunch of people called/emailed them and they basically gave the same response that we are hearing...and they all still found out March 16th...so I’m still not losing hope that it could be at the end of this week that we finally hear something!! Which is in 2 days :nailbiting:
I was just doing the same thing. I think they say a couple weeks to buy themselves some time but I have a feeling it will be tomorrow or Friday.

Am I the only one stressing about how like no one from February has heard lol

No because I interviewed Jan 29 (aka February) and only that one person Shya got an answer !

Jan 22nd and I haven't heard anything either. :( Congrats to those that have been accepted and thank you to those writing encouraging messages for us in the waiting game! :highfive:

I interviewed February 12th ‍♀️ Hoping this week brings all the good news we’ve been awaiting!

@corgimom and I are signing a lease this weekend on a three bedroom house but I have a whole portfolio now of about 13 different reasonably-priced & pet-friendly housing options that we have explored and loved! When I get a chance later this weekend I will post all the info of the ones we didn't choose and that are still available for those of you looking for a house with 2 or 3 bedrooms to live with roommates!! All are opening beginning in June and are pet friendly & most have fenced in yards :clap: I spent hours and hours researching all these options so if someone else was able to nab some of these others I'd be happy!!!

@corgimom and I are signing a lease this weekend on a three bedroom house but I have a whole portfolio now of about 13 different reasonably-priced & pet-friendly housing options that we have explored and loved! When I get a chance later this weekend I will post all the info of the ones we didn't choose and that are still available for those of you looking for a house with 2 or 3 bedrooms to live with roommates!! All are opening beginning in June and are pet friendly & most have fenced in yards :clap: I spent hours and hours researching all these options so if someone else was able to nab some of these others I'd be happy!!!

Wow you rock hopefully by the end of this week I'll be hitting you up on info for these houses lmao

Since we're on the topic, my landlord sent me a list of houses she will have available for you guys... Shoot me a message and I'll hook you up with the sweet details ;)

Sent from my SM-S906L using SDN mobile

My reaction when it's March 15th and I open up my inbox to nothing from LMU:
tenor.gif

Reactions: 13 users
I got my waitlist email at 7:18 pm Thursday the 16th last year. You still have a whole day ahead of you.
Do you remember if there were only
Waitlist emails sent out in the 16th of last year? Or were there acceptances, denies as well? I interviewed 1/8 and still have heard nothing :/

Waitlist emails sent out in the 16th of last year? Or were there acceptances, denies as well? I interviewed 1/8 and still have heard nothing :/
Not a clue but you can scroll through last years thread. I would assume acceptances would have been sent as well though.

I interviewed November 6th and feel like pulling my hair out.

There were all 3. Denials, waitlists, and acceptances. I was waitlisted and I have a friend that was rejected. I believe the thread from last year also had some acceptances that day.

Dear Diana,

The Admissions Committee of the Lincoln Memorial University-College of Veterinary Medicine has reviewed your application file, and we would like to inform you that you have been placed on the waitlist for the Class of 2021. This is a significant achievement for which we congratulate you!

We expect to admit a number of students from the list, although we cannot predict how many or when. Candidates on the waitlist will be chosen by the Admissions Committee to fill vacancies as they arise in the class. We will not distribute an overall ranking of the waitlist, but when seats become available in the class, individuals on the waitlist will be notified. This notification process will continue until classes start in August at which time any remaining applicants on the waitlist will be notified that it is closed.

For your planning purposes: If you are offered a seat from the waitlist prior to April 17th, the deadline to submit your matriculation deposit of $1,250 will be April 17th. If you are offered a seat in the class after April 17th, you will have 24 hours to submit your matriculation deposit. Your matriculation deposit is non-refundable and will be placed on your student account to be used towards tuition once you are registered.

Please refrain from contacting the office to inquire about your status as frequent updates will be provided by us via email. We appreciate your patience with this process.

If, at any point, you are no longer interested in being on the waitlist, please let me know via email at [email protected].

Thank you for your continued interest in our program.

Sincerely,

Genell Patterson Wheeler, EdS

Director of Student Services and Admissions

Lincoln Memorial University-College of Veterinary Medicine

open
This was the letter last year. I got it at 6:18PM on March 16th.

24 hours to submit a $1,250 deposit?! That’s crazy!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys! I just made an account on SDN and have mostly just been reading the threads. I will be accepting my LMU seat. I plan on bringing my horse but I needed him to be fully cared for because I don't plan on having the proper time to care for him. The only stables that I found in the area were Stone House Stables in Ewing, VA. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this barn? I am in OH and have been too busy to make the trip to VA to check it out. The barn manager offered me a pet friendly house for rent right across the street from the barn which I am 90% sure I will rent considering that it is really close to both the vet school and the main campus and right across from the barn! It is a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom and pet friendly with small deposit for all pets. Not fenced in yard unfortunately but there is a decent area for pets to run around. I am looking for a roommate for this house so if anyone needs a place feel free to message me!

Just as another data point, interviewed 1/8, nothing yet. Tried calling, no one picked up the phone

So, I'm looking into getting a new laptop/tablet for school. I've read different forums that discuss multiple options. However, I'm still unsure what I want to get. Can anyone give me insight into which laptop/tablet to get for LMU?

So, I'm looking into getting a new laptop/tablet for school. I've read different forums that discuss multiple options. However, I'm still unsure what I want to get. Can anyone give me insight into which laptop/tablet to get for LMU?

well, the 15th of March came and gone....may be tomorrow???

I have an iPad Pro I use and love it! If you’re an Apple person it’s money well spent! If not the next most common is probably the surface pro i think it is. The pen function on both are ideal!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Well, I feel like a terrible troll now... They sent the emails on the 16th, not the 15th TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY!!!!
So, about this computer situation... The exam soft testing program does not work on IPads, and as of right now, the Histology slide viewing program isn't compatible with Mac (although the company said it would be and they're still working on fixing this issue)

Sent from my SM-S906L using SDN mobile

I’m hoping so & that they don’t wait until the end of March:eek:
Me too!!!!
On another note any of the 4th year students, when will they know about their scores on their exam ( NAVLE)...for the full accreditation post graduation? Thanks

My reaction when it's 1AM in the morning and I still haven't received an email from LMU:

laughing-computer.gif

Reactions: 10 users