LMU c/o 2022 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got the email on Feb 26th. My interview, I believe, was Nov 13th.
I also interviewed on 11/13 and haven’t heard anything. I don’t think we should get unhopeful of hearing good news based on when we interviewed. I wish I understood LMUs admission process, but it looks like they choose top applicants from each interview day for early admission.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Yea I interviewed at the end of October and haven’t heard anything.... I’ve been waiting so long...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone going to LMU and NOT doing boot camp?

Can any current students comment on how helpful it was? .....Or if you did not participate, were you fine without it or did you wish you would have done it?

I talked to student when I went to interview and she said it wasn’t worth the money and leaving your family a little earlier than you were supposed to. She said she knew of a few people who spent the money and were still failing anatomy.

This waiting is making me crazy!!! I don't think anyone should be discouraged any time soon. I really don't think they would interview people all the way into February if they were only planning on taking people from the first few interview sessions! Has anyone heard anything today? I feel like we might hear something tomorrow. I don't know... I just have a feeling!! I hope that you guys are having the best day ever!! :)

I plan on doing the boot camp if I get in because I’m 2 years out of undergrad, which means I took anatomy like 5 years ago (sophomore year). Definitely need a refresher. I would be moving down ASAP anyways since my fiancé is coming with me so he would need to find a job.

This waiting is making me crazy!!! I don't think anyone should be discouraged any time soon. I really don't think they would interview people all the way into February if they were only planning on taking people from the first few interview sessions! Has anyone heard anything today? I feel like we might hear something tomorrow. I don't know... I just have a feeling!! I hope that you guys are having the best day ever!! :)

I feel ya dude haha! This waiting is crazy! I hope we hear some good news tomorrow :)

Reactions: 1 users
Friend: "Heard from LMU yet?"

Me:

84.gif

Reactions: 18 users
I feel like if we haven’t heard yet today we won’t at all...the other week when they sent out acceptances before 9am

Ughhhhh it's really killing me lol still nothing here!!

Members don't see this ad :)
The suspense is killing me....I just want to know. :arghh:

Seems like we will be waiting til next week.
May your odds be forever in your favor y'all.
giphy.gif

Has anyone called by chance? At this point, my mantra is Viva la waitlist soooo...:)

Can anyone comment on how successful the current fourth years have been so far? Did the NAVLE go well? Are they getting their first choice internship/job offers?

Reactions: 4 users
Can anyone comment on how successful the current fourth years have been so far? Did the NAVLE go well? Are they getting their first choice internship/job offers?
Would also like some insight on this!

well I was hoping I’d hear some good news today for my birthday but looks like it’ll be next week. I’ll have this party filled weekend to distract me haha :hardy:

well I was hoping I’d hear some good news today for my birthday but looks like it’ll be next week. I’ll have this party filled weekend to distract me haha :hardy:
Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday!! hopefully good news next week! :)

Well guys, they did say the latest is March 15th right? Ugh less than a week

NAVLE went pretty well from the people I’ve talked to (I don’t think we’ve heard anything official from admin).

I got my first choice for equine internship. I know we had a decent amount of people do the match and I think most of them matched at their first choice. I think a lot of people have jobs now or offers to consider (just based on talking to people and Facebook). Some people had jobs back in July/August, even before NAVLE. Our professors and admin have been great about sending out job offers and open internship positions they receive or hear about through listserves.

Reactions: 3 users
Don’t loose hope guys, it’s not even “mid-March” yet! They’re still accepting people, they just have a lot of applicants to consider! :)

How many people were there on y’all’s interview days? On my day (Feb 2) there were tons of people so I was just curious. In the grand scheme of things 50-55 isn’t that many

Does anyone know when exactly the anatomy boot camp starts? And When you have to pay for it by? I’m waiting to hear from 2 other schools but I’m thinking that when the deposit is due for boot camp is when I would fully commit to LMU.

Does anyone know when exactly the anatomy boot camp starts? And When you have to pay for it by? I’m waiting to hear from 2 other schools but I’m thinking that when the deposit is due for boot camp is when I would fully commit to LMU.
47F6C02A-A7B7-4C2B-8C3B-78BD74AA7CD3.jpeg
B7E24F08-49DC-48E7-AADB-F5F66F69646C.jpeg

Here's how it went down last year: March 15th everyone either received an acceptance email or a wait list email... Honestly never heard that anyone received a rejection at this time. After that point, everything got pretty silent until after April 15th when everyone had to commit and pay their matriculation. After that the wait list started rolling and conitued rolling until a week before classes started.
Boot camp: I didnt go, but I also had a comparative anatomy class in undergrad who's practicals were set up the same as LMU's. Speaking to those who did go, it helped ease the anxiety of how veterinary anatomy would flow and what to expect. They also got the chance to make some friends before classes started. Will it give you a leg up by going? In my opinion, no. But if you feel like a mini refresher will do ya some good, go for it! $800 and starts some time in July.
For those concerned with large animal surgery: there's not a mandatory rotation in that particular field, but this is where your "electives" come into play. You got a place you wanna go? Get the paperwork submitted and gain all the knowledge! Worried you don't have that kind of connection right now? You have 3 other classes before you who could make that connection and have everything lined up for you when your time comes :)

Remember, admissions are not rolling, so just because you interviewed in Oct and haven't heard back yet, its not over!! A friend of mine interviewed in Oct and didn't get her acceptance until 2 weeks before classes began!

Hang in there everyone, and keep those cell phones charged!

Sent from my SM-S906L using SDN mobile

Reactions: 11 users
Here's how it went down last year: March 15th everyone either received an acceptance email or a wait list email... Honestly never heard that anyone received a rejection at this time. After that point, everything got pretty silent until after April 15th when everyone had to commit and pay their matriculation. After that the wait list started rolling and conitued rolling until a week before classes started.
Boot camp: I didnt go, but I also had a comparative anatomy class in undergrad who's practicals were set up the same as LMU's. Speaking to those who did go, it helped ease the anxiety of how veterinary anatomy would flow and what to expect. They also got the chance to make some friends before classes started. Will it give you a leg up by going? In my opinion, no. But if you feel like a mini refresher will do ya some good, go for it! $800 and starts some time in July.
For those concerned with large animal surgery: there's not a mandatory rotation in that particular field, but this is where your "electives" come into play. You got a place you wanna go? Get the paperwork submitted and gain all the knowledge! Worried you don't have that kind of connection right now? You have 3 other classes before you who could make that connection and have everything lined up for you when your time comes :)

Remember, admissions are not rolling, so just because you interviewed in Oct and haven't heard back yet, its not over!! A friend of mine interviewed in Oct and didn't get her acceptance until 2 weeks before classes began!

Hang in there everyone, and keep those cell phones charged!

Sent from my SM-S906L using SDN mobile
This. Thank you! ❤️

giphy.gif

Godspeed everyone and let's hope this week brings good news to us all.

After careful consideration, I've decided to give up my seat at LMU. I know many of you haven't heard yet (crossing fingers for lots of acceptances!) but for those that are waitlisted, hopefully this helps. Keep hanging in there guys and best of luck!!!!

To those of you still waiting DO NOT WORRY! I'm a current vet masters student here and I still haven't heard yet. I just talked to my faculty adviser on if we'll be getting word soon and he said the committee is lagging behind right now. There's only been a few sets of acceptances sent out (a handful from each interview date) so don't be discouraged yet. The committee is making it's final selections and we should hear back in a week but it could take until the end of March :bang:

Any way just hang in there, believe me I'm slowly dying and the rest of the masters students are also. But if people have any questions about the masters program also feel free to send me a message and I can try to help ya'll out as much as possible!

To those of you still waiting DO NOT WORRY! I'm a current vet masters student here and I still haven't heard yet. I just talked to my faculty adviser on if we'll be getting word soon and he said the committee is lagging behind right now. There's only been a few sets of acceptances sent out (a handful from each interview date) so don't be discouraged yet. The committee is making it's final selections and we should hear back in a week but it could take until the end of March :bang:

Any way just hang in there, believe me I'm slowly dying and the rest of the masters students are also. But if people have any questions about the masters program also feel free to send me a message and I can try to help ya'll out as much as possible!
The wait is torture! Ugh

OOS ACCEPTED!!!
I got my email at 10:45!

Reactions: 9 users