LMU c/o 2022 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Friendly reminder that it's almost April!!! I'm freaking out. Lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously hahaha hopefully they don't hold out on us until April 6th! My anxiety will definitely not be able to take it
I’m expecting it! :poke:

Reactions: 2 users
My family during Spring Break: "So, are you going to vet school after you graduate?"

Me:
giphy.gif

Reactions: 12 users
I should have mentioned it (I totally forgot) but we are having a COE/AVMA/AAVMC vist this week to become accredited so, I would not expect to hear anything this week. They seem to visit every year but I think this year is big because we'll have our 1st graduating class. I heard we won't hear anything about this until the fall though so there's that. This is probably a major reason why you won't/didn't hear anything about waitlist/acceptance/deniles. Happy waiting!

I should have mentioned it (I totally forgot) but we are having a COE/AVMA/AAVMC vist this week to become accredited so, I would not expect to hear anything this week. They seem to visit every year but I think this year is big because we'll have our 1st graduating class. I heard we won't hear anything about this until the fall though so there's that. This is probably a major reason why you won't/didn't hear anything about waitlist/acceptance/deniles. Happy waiting!
So what happens if by some mishap LMU doesn’t gain accreditation? The students who have already committed or are already attending .. will they be allowed to graduate with a DVM? How will that work?

So what happens if by some mishap LMU doesn’t gain accreditation? The students who have already committed or are already attending .. will they be allowed to graduate with a DVM? How will that work?
If they attended when the school was under provisional accreditation they’ll still be considered graduates of an accreditated school for licensing exams and such. I just couldn’t tell you how it would affect job prospects though. But afaik they’re set for accreditation of the school as long as a certain percentage of the 4th years pass the navle and that’s the only reason they aren’t fully accreditated yet, because this is their first graduating class.

If they attended when the school was under provisional accreditation they’ll still be considered graduates of an accreditated school for licensing exams and such. I just couldn’t tell you how it would affect job prospects though. But afaik they’re set for accreditation of the school as long as a certain percentage of the 4th years pass the navle and that’s the only reason they aren’t fully accreditated yet, because this is their first graduating class.
That is pretty much what happens. Because we are so far along with the school and everything, at this rate they're probably just waiting to see that we meet the NAVLE requirement and I think we get a few years or something to show that we can. As far as I know people have gotten job and intership offers already so that's cool.

Reactions: 3 users
I was accepted to my in-state institution, so I have forfeited my seat for LMU's class of 2022. I hope this helps someone!

Reactions: 11 users
That is pretty much what happens. Because we are so far along with the school and everything, at this rate they're probably just waiting to see that we meet the NAVLE requirement and I think we get a few years or something to show that we can. As far as I know people have gotten job and intership offers already so that's cool.
The minimum score is 80% of student must pas the exam....

Members don't see this ad :)
I just declined my seat, good luck guys!

Reactions: 8 users
Happy Easter everyone!!!!!!!! Here’s to hoping we get notification tomorrow!! :)

It’s the week, it’s the week, it’s finally the week!!! Did anyone else’s SDN format change? Haha

really hoping that we'll hear back tomorrow and they won't make us wait until the end of the week!!

Well, the moment of truth is tomorrow... If I don't get in, I know I won't reapply until the 2019 cycle. So with that being said:

H63E7ze.gif
(in this forum :hardy:)

Godspeed everyone and Happy Easter.

Reactions: 8 users
:scared:
Well, the moment of truth is tomorrow... If I don't get in, I know I won't reapply until the 2019 cycle. So with that being said:

H63E7ze.gif
(in this forum :hardy:)

Godspeed everyone and Happy Easter.
It may not even be tomorrow though:scared:

Ugh, the suspense is killing me too! Hopefully we all get good news this week! :) good luck everyone!!

8:30am & I’m already stressing lol

Good luck to everyone this week! Regardless of what happens, we will all be veterinarians one day! :)

Reactions: 7 users
well guys one day of waiting down, four to go!! lmaoooo

Reactions: 4 users
After getting bad news with one of my waitlists today I’m hoping for good news from LMU...
well guys one day of waiting down, four to go!! lmaoooo

Reactions: 1 users
My reaction when it's the end of the day and I still don't see any email from LMU:

tenor.gif

Reactions: 6 users
At this point, I think I'm going insane.

Reactions: 11 users
so i guess nothing today lmao lets see about wednesday my dudes

Reactions: 5 users
LMU Admissions be like:

"... And then I told them that we would have decisions go out the first week of April!"

tenor.gif

Reactions: 10 users
LMU Admissions be like:

"... And then I told them that we would have decisions go out the first week of April!"

tenor.gif
*nervous laughter that turns into crying*

Reactions: 6 users
I’m gonna say either Thursday or Friday this week is when they’ll send out decisions. Just my guess!:thinking:

Today’s actually my day off, so I don’t have work to distract me all day...this sucks. All I’m doing is refreshing my email +pissed+

Reactions: 9 users
I don’t understand why they have the wait until the very end of the week- they MUST have decisions, if they don’t then they really need to work on their admissions process for next year.

I don’t understand why they have the wait until the very end of the week- they MUST have decisions, if they don’t then they really need to work on their admissions process for next year.
'Work on'/completely revamp/think about their choices and how it affects people all over the nation and world etc.

The only thing I can think of as to why they’re waiting last minute is cause I’m sure there are students that drop seats everyday so they have to fill those seats completely before sending out decisions

The only thing I can think of as to why they’re waiting last minute is cause I’m sure there are students that drop seats everyday so they have to fill those seats completely before sending out decisions
My husband actually asked me if it was because of NAVLE scores and wondered if they didn't meet the minimum when fourth years took it within the Fall window, so that maybe they are focusing a lot of effort on the upcoming test in Spring if so?

This is 10000% speculation and in no way is meant to disparage the school at all. I just hadn't seen anyone post about it, and I know Midwestern passed their Fall window with a 92% pass rate. Tried doing some research on my own to find out and didn't see anything? Unless I missed a post amongst all these pages

Last edited:
My husband actually asked me if it was because of Fall NAVLE scores and wondered if they didn't meet the minimum when fourth years took it then. I haven't seen anything posted about it, but just a thought too. Maybe focusing a lot of effort on the upcoming test in Spring if so?

This is 10000% speculation and in no way is meant to disparage the school at all. I just hadn't seen anyone post about it, and I know Midwestern passed theirs with a 92% pass rate. Tried doing some research on my own to find out and didn't see anything? Unless I missed a post amongst all these pages

The passing rate that matters is that 80% pass between fall and spring windows, not just the fall. I’m not sure of our pass rate either (besides unconfirmed anecdotal rumors that I’m not going to pass along) but I just wanted to clarify that it’s the pass rate of both windows, not just the fall window, that matters to the COE.

The passing rate that matters is that 80% pass between fall and spring windows, not just the fall. I’m not sure of our pass rate either (besides unconfirmed anecdotal rumors that I’m not going to pass along) but I just wanted to clarify that it’s the pass rate of both windows, not just the fall window, that matters to the COE.
Yes, sorry I should have rephrased that I was aware that it looks at both windows, but if the first round warranted further support for the students just in preparation for the spring window, maybe that is contributing to the delay? That was all I was positing

Ugh this is so unfair to keep us waiting like this! It probably will be Friday :( Its just so unreasonable that they're giving us less than 2 weeks to make a decision and submit a deposit....Im just so tired of checking my email constantly and waiting around with still no response, but hoping the wait will be worth it!!!

SO WHERE CAN I GET THE LATEST NAVLE SCORES FOR ALL THE SCHOOLS?

SO WHERE CAN I GET THE LATEST NAVLE SCORES FOR ALL THE SCHOOLS?
To my knowledge there isn't a specific document or site that shows all the schools? I've seen some third party lists that have reviewed and ranked vet schools, but that's all.