LMU c/o 2022 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well this is stressful... part of the February group and haven't heard anything! Congrats to all of you!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Lolol interviewed Oct. 23, this is a funny game

Sent from my KIW-L24 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
They haven’t accepted anyone from the Feb interviews yet and they’re taking 150 students. I’m pretty sure it’s not over, but just in case start that MS app! I mean, it’s a no-brainer! Move to a cute town, take vet classes, get a MS, be an IS student next year and save $80,000!:banana: Stay positive...make a back-up plan. You can do this! The worst part is another personal statement. Ugh. +pissed+
Wait how do know they haven't accepted from Feb/taking 150 students?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Also interviewed in February! The wait seems impossible but hopefully those people who got into other schools will let LMU know ASAP so they can call other people.

Also interviewed in February! The wait seems impossible but hopefully those people who got into other schools will let LMU know ASAP so they can call other people.

Well think of it this way guys I interviewed Jan 29 and they said they were ready to review mine when they emailed me this morning about my masters program so it can’t be too much longer now !

They haven’t accepted anyone from the Feb interviews yet and they’re taking 150 students. I’m pretty sure it’s not over, but just in case start that MS app! I mean, it’s a no-brainer! Move to a cute town, take vet classes, get a MS, be an IS student next year and save $80,000!:banana: Stay positive...make a back-up plan. You can do this! The worst part is another personal statement. Ugh. +pissed+

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t there no incentive to become an IS student? Isn’t the tuition flat-rate, no matter IS or OOS? Or is there a tuition difference for IS vs OOS for the masters program only?

Reactions: 2 users
Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t there no incentive to become an IS student? Isn’t the tuition flat-rate, no matter IS or OOS? Or is there a tuition difference for IS vs OOS for the masters program only?
My understanding was that they are a non profit so the tuition is the exact same for everyone. Also never heard of an exact class size #

Well think of it this way guys I interviewed Jan 29 and they said they were ready to review mine when they emailed me this morning about my masters program so it can’t be too much longer now !

I interviewed January 22 and haven't heard anything either!

I mean, it’s a no-brainer! Move to a cute town, take vet classes, get a MS, be an IS student next year and save $80,000!:banana:

LMU is private so there is no difference in OOS/IS tuition. Just wanted to throw that out there in case people were using the MS program to try and gain residency.

Reactions: 4 users
Same. If we don't hear anything today, do y'all think there will be another batch of acceptances later in March or should we just assume we have been placed on a waitlist?
I think we should still all hold out some hope! I interviewed back in November and still nothing.

I interviewed Jan 22nd! Nothing yet

LMU is private so there is no difference in OOS/IS tuition. Just wanted to throw that out there in case people were using the MS program to try and gain residency.
Thanks for this, I asked this morning and I was given different info! I just looked on the ppt given and you’re right.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait how do know they haven't accepted from Feb/taking 150 students?
I guess I don’t know “for sure”, but there hasn’t been any Feb interviewees on here or FB (APVMA or VMCAS 2018) that have said they were accepted. The 150 students acceptance was a question that was answered at the Q&A session.

Interviewed 11/8- nothing yet but fingers crossed for all of us still waiting!

I interviewed in October and just got my email this morning! Don’t give up hope!!! There are a lot of people declining from getting into their IS!! Y’all got this!!:happy:

I interviewed 1/8 and received my email this morning! :soexcited: Will probably be accepting my seat even if I get into my in-state. LMU just really had my heart after my interview day. Sending positive vibes to the rest of you still waiting to hear!

Reactions: 5 users
What Beta-galactosidase said was so funny and inspiring! I did not apply to LMU but it gives hope to the alternates (me) and even those who were rejected. If you want it hard enough, at some point, there will be a place for you:highfive:

I guess I don’t know “for sure”, but there hasn’t been any Feb interviewees on here or FB (APVMA or VMCAS 2018) that have said they were accepted. The 150 students acceptance was a question that was answered at the Q&A session.

I was confused so I looked it up and it said they have 115 seats open next year so they aren’t taking 150 but they’ll probably send acceptances to 150-200 or so since many people will decline in favor of other schools..now if only we could just begin counting the number of acceptances and do the math!:shrug:

I thought I heard they were increasing the class size to 150 as well!

Side note: I don’t think it’s healthy how often I check my email for a decision!

Side note: I don’t think it’s healthy how often I check my email for a decision!

Oh hmm I’m not sure then! I just saw it on the AAVMC website for LMU(last updated March 2017). Who knows!

Oh hmm I’m not sure then! I just saw it on the AAVMC website for LMU(last updated March 2017). Who knows!
Yes, they discussed it in the Q&A that every year the class size has increased and they are going to have 150 this year. He said “Mine was 117, the next year was 124, the next year...this year 150 is the plan”. He mentioned people drop out so maybe they are anticipating that 10ish drop out?

The more time that passes, the more I am 100% dead set on going to LMU... I swear I have dreams about going there

Reactions: 4 users
The more time that passes, the more I am 100% dead set on going to LMU... I swear I have dreams about going there

Me too!! You were accepted right? Have you looked into housing or anything? It’s like so limited lol

Same I keep obsessively checking my email. Do you think every 5 minutes is too much? ;)

Reactions: 5 users
Lol! Nice to know that I am not the only one who is checking their email every 5 sec :)

So Ive applied twice, and told one of my interviewers that it was my second time being here. Does anyone think that, that was a bad move? I just told him that it was a blessing that I had received another chance, and that if its meant to be, then the good lord above will make it so. I'm hoping that wasn't considered inappropriate lol.

So Ive applied twice, and told one of my interviewers that it was my second time being here. Does anyone think that, that was a bad move? I just told him that it was a blessing that I had received another chance, and that if its meant to be, then the good lord above will make it so. I'm hoping that wasn't considered inappropriate lol.

I don't think thats inappropriate. I think it shows persistence & dedication that you're trying again! I'm sure they will see that too!

I don't think thats inappropriate. I think it shows persistence & dedication that you're trying again! I'm sure they will see that too!

Thanks! :), I hope you are right haha :) Good luck to you by the way!

I agree that it was fine to say that! I have been hearing more and more that vet schools are getting pickier with first time applicants and they go for those that have applied multiple times. I guess that's why the average amount of times one has to apply is 3 :shrug: at least that is the case for okstate.

In other news my cat keeps knocking my LMU dog off the table. Is this a sign?

Attachments

• 00EA9682-EB9C-4A64-B7B8-7AD7F134F185.jpeg
    00EA9682-EB9C-4A64-B7B8-7AD7F134F185.jpeg
    270.9 KB · Views: 59
Just a friendly (& anxiety filled) reminder that tomorrow is March 1st!! Could be any time now :scared:

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know how they do their waitlist? I know ISU has already taken people off of theirs while WesternU wont send any out until AFTER decision day (lame I know). I haven't gotten a decision yet but just wondering!

Does anyone know how they do their waitlist? I know ISU has already taken people off of theirs while WesternU wont send any out until AFTER decision day (lame I know). I haven't gotten a decision yet but just wondering!
Based on last year, some time in March they send out waitlist, accept or reject. I’m also pretty sure they don’t say how high you’re ranked on the list. Seems like a lot get pulled off the waitlist.

Based on last year, some time in March they send out waitlist, accept or reject. I’m also pretty sure they don’t say how high you’re ranked on the list. Seems like a lot get pulled off the waitlist.
Right but what I'm asking is say I get waitlisted tomorrow, will I hear a decision about said waitlist starting after April 16 and I give a decision to another school? Or could I potentially hear before and be able to decide between the schools I got into and LMU you know what I mean? I'm hoping I don't have to worry I want to go to LMU so freakin bad like if I get in I'm sending my deposit that day lmao but I'm getting anxious about making my decision. Also if I do get waitlisted I hope they go through the waitlist and get to me hahahah

Right but what I'm asking is say I get waitlisted tomorrow, will I hear a decision about said waitlist starting after April 16 and I give a decision to another school? Or could I potentially hear before and be able to decide between the schools I got into and LMU you know what I mean? I'm hoping I don't have to worry I want to go to LMU so freakin bad like if I get in I'm sending my deposit that day lmao but I'm getting anxious about making my decision. Also if I do get waitlisted I hope they go through the waitlist and get to me hahahah
Oh I misunderstood. Pretty sure you can hear back whenever from the waitlist.

Oh I misunderstood. Pretty sure you can hear back whenever from the waitlist.
Its cool!! Ugh thats what gives me agita lmao like do I send in/potentially eat a deposit for SGU and hold out hope or do I just commit? these are the things that haunt me

Its cool!! Ugh thats what gives me agita lmao like do I send in/potentially eat a deposit for SGU and hold out hope or do I just commit? these are the things that haunt me
In my opinion, a $1000 deposit is crumbs compared to the debt we are facing so eating the cost would be worth it to ensure you don’t miss out.

Hi y'all, long time lurker, decided to make an account today to let y'all know that I'm waiting for a response from LMU as well!

Interviewed on Jan 22. Last school to hear from, if I don't get accepted, a gap year or Master's Degree is looking mighty attractive...
I did get accepted into Ross and partially into SGU, but their hefty price tag along with cost of living tells me not to enroll.

And like you, I have been scrolling through this thread the past 2 weeks to see if anyone has got acceptance, waitlisted, or denied and I also have been checking my email constantly like its a religion haha

Good luck y'all and hopefully March brings us good news!

Reactions: 7 users
Hi y'all, long time lurker, decided to make an account today to let y'all know that I'm waiting for a response from LMU as well!

Interviewed on Jan 22. Last school to hear from, if I don't get accepted, a gap year or Master's Degree is looking mighty attractive...
I did get accepted into Ross and partially into SGU, but their hefty price tag along with cost of living tells me not to enroll.

And like you, I have been scrolling through this thread the past 2 weeks to see if anyone has got acceptance, waitlisted, or denied and I also have been checking my email constantly like its a religion haha

Good luck y'all and hopefully March brings us good news!
I was in the same boat, I applied to Ross & got in but after great consideration decided that I really really wouldn’t be happy there, in addition to the huge cost. I am very happy with my decision as I am currently waiting to hear back frOM LMU & am on 2 other waitlists.

Anyone who is currently a student or recently accepted their offer, can you tell me why you specifically chose LMU?

Anyone who is currently a student or recently accepted their offer, can you tell me why you specifically chose LMU?

A huge part of why LMU was my top choice going into this is because of how amazing the faculty and facilities are. In addition to the facilities being practically brand new (like when you’re in lab in the barn and they have giant TVs on the ceiling to see what the instructor is doing in real-time), the faculty and professors were so friendly (even at the interview they didn’t try and be intimidating, they seemed very genuine and that made me WANT to work with them for the next 4 years) and went out of the way to ensure my visit was welcoming, informational, and they basically “sold” the school to me. Personally I prefer rural over big city, so I wasn’t going to be happy at a big city school anyway, and they also have access to a variety of teaching animals (beef, sheep, equine, and I think poultry and dairy, not sure about swine). Some schools I had looked at only offered 1 main type of hands-on animal experience. Additionally, I asked my interviewer what he thought set LMU apart from the other schools, esp since it was so new and he told me they’ve had the ability to learn from all the CVM programs out there and pick and choose the aspects that work well, to create a curriculum that works and engages the students and faculty, which made sense to me. Sorry if i messed up grammar or typing anywhere in here, I’m in class right now and typing on my small phone screen is a lil difficult lol

Last edited:
Also, other schools may do this too, but every entering class gets to decide what color scrubs they want to predominantly wear for the next 4 years (excluding current colors being used by 2, 3rd, and 4th years, and the vet tech students). I thought it was really cool to hear that, even though it’s a small thing, they’re trying to incorporate the students into the decisions. I know they also have talent shows, clubs, and different activities among students/staff so it’s also pretty cool to see them valuing camaraderie among the students instead of just competition

A huge part of why LMU was my top choice going into this is because of how amazing the faculty and facilities are. In addition to the facilities being practically brand new (like when you’re in lab in the barn and they have giant TVs on the ceiling to see what the instructor is doing in real-time), the faculty and professors were so friendly (even at the interview they didn’t try and be intimidating, they seemed very genuine and that made me WANT to work with them for the next 4 years) and went out of the way to ensure my visit was welcoming, informational, and they basically “sold” the school to me. Personally I prefer rural over big city, so I wasn’t going to be happy at a big city school anyway, and they also have access to a variety of teaching animals (beef, sheep, equine, and I think poultry and dairy, not sure about swine). Some schools I had looked at only offered 1 main type of hands-on animal experience. Additionally, I asked my interviewer what he thought set LMU apart from the other schools, esp since it was so new and he told me they’ve had the ability to learn from all the CVM programs out there and pick and choose the aspects that work well, to create a curriculum that works and engages the students and faculty, which made sense to me. Sorry if i messed up grammar or typing anywhere in here, I’m in class right now and typing on my small phone screen is a lil difficult lol

You put exactly how I feel into words!! My only concerns are finding housing and my significant other finding a job while we are out there. I started to look for a place to rent and I can't find anything that's within 30 minutes of the school!

Have y’all tried dcomdo? I’m sure more housing will open up in the summer after graduation.

You put exactly how I feel into words!! My only concerns are finding housing and my significant other finding a job while we are out there. I started to look for a place to rent and I can't find anything that's within 30 minutes of the school!

Have y’all tried dcomdo? I’m sure more housing will open up in the summer after graduation.

Yes! Check out dcomdo! I have found a few things but since my husband will be coming with me, we need to move down at the beginning of summer so he can begin working, and unfortunately we can’t find a lot of housing open then. (Especially pet friendly too since we have a cat and a dog). But we are considering getting a bigger house and renting the basement out to another student since there’s not a lot of options open :laugh: