LMU c/o 2022 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes! Check out dcomdo! I have found a few things but since my husband will be coming with me, we need to move down at the beginning of summer so he can begin working, and unfortunately we can’t find a lot of housing open then. (Especially pet friendly too since we have a cat and a dog). But we are considering getting a bigger house and renting the basement out to another student since there’s not a lot of options open :laugh:

I just checked it out thank you! I'm in the same boat! We were hoping to move down in the beginning of summer as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Also, other schools may do this too, but every entering class gets to decide what color scrubs they want to predominantly wear for the next 4 years (excluding current colors being used by 2, 3rd, and 4th years, and the vet tech students). I thought it was really cool to hear that, even though it’s a small thing, they’re trying to incorporate the students into the decisions. I know they also have talent shows, clubs, and different activities among students/staff so it’s also pretty cool to see them valuing camaraderie among the students instead of just competition
I love LMU, and everything they have to offer.. not to mention the area surrounding the school—absolutly beautiful. However, I’m just concerned about no teaching hospital, and the amount of large animal surgical experience we will get. I love how they are set up with a shelter and perform spay/neuters but nothing like that for large animal? I could have missed something during my interview & tour.

Reactions: 3 users
I love LMU, and everything they have to offer.. not to mention the area surrounding the school—absolutly beautiful. However, I’m just concerned about no teaching hospital, and the amount of large animal surgical experience we will get. I love how they are set up with a shelter and perform spay/neuters but nothing like that for large animal? I could have missed something during my interview & tour.
I asked 3rd years on my tour and they did not have a large animal surgery facility. When I asked where they took their school-owned animals (cattle and horses) or even the sheep they worked with down the road for sx, I got a lot of shrugging and dancing around the fact that they didn't know where large animal surgery was done outside of the fourth year kinda bummed about that

Members don't see this ad :)
I learn something new every day!! I have very little large animal experience so you can obviously tell I didn't ask many related questions on my tour! Oops! :rofl:

I asked 3rd years on my tour and they did not have a large animal surgery facility. When I asked where they took their school-owned animals (cattle and horses) or even the sheep they worked with down the road for sx, I got a lot of shrugging and dancing around the fact that they didn't know where large animal surgery was done outside of the fourth year kinda bummed about that

I would imagine we’d have to make that a focus when choosing our fourth year rotations. Definitely bummed me out since that’s my interest.

Reactions: 1 users
I would imagine we’d have to make that a focus when choosing our fourth year rotations. Definitely bummed me out since that’s my interest.
Same! Large animal is for sure my interest! They have amazing facilities but I feel like the surgical aspect of the curriculum is focused mainly on small animal. I’m not sure if other vet schools do this as well or just LMU.
I emailed LMU and this is the response I received. I asked about large animal surgical experience and how they felt they compensated for no teaching hospital.

Attachments

• C99B0420-5161-4BBB-974B-DA0AE799C84F.png
    C99B0420-5161-4BBB-974B-DA0AE799C84F.png
    273.2 KB · Views: 118
Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard a decision today?

So, from what I've gathered from old posts from old LMU class threads, March 2nd was when people heard about being waitlisted. And I've also read that the committee meets on a weekly basis to make their admission decisions. Expect to primarily hear from them on Mondays, BUT don't be surprised if they send an email Wednesday or Thursday.

In other words, all this means is that we won't know when they will release decisions haha just that it will be in the the next 2 weeks.

And if you don't get in, it's not the end of the world, your dream will just have to be pushed back a year or so and that's okay!
Just start having some back up plans to improve your application for the next cycle :nod:

Refreshing my email like crazy. I might actually go crazy:bag:

I just wish that we could hear back from them about where they’re at and when they think they are gonna send out final answers... I mean the last email I got from them was a transcripts email back in January over a month ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same! Large animal is for sure my interest! They have amazing facilities but I feel like the surgical aspect of the curriculum is focused mainly on small animal. I’m not sure if other vet schools do this as well or just LMU.
I emailed LMU and this is the response I received. I asked about large animal surgical experience and how they felt they compensated for no teaching hospital.

So I was able to ask a third year about your concerns, to just see what she would say and here’s the response:

Not super elaborate but just another opinion from a current student
:banana:

Attachments

• BAC48E1B-D604-4813-973C-D96C65D5D6C0.jpeg
    BAC48E1B-D604-4813-973C-D96C65D5D6C0.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 120
So I was able to ask a third year about your concerns, to just see what she would say and here’s the response:

Not super elaborate but just another opinion from a current student
:banana:
Thank you for that!!!

Alright, so for those that have been accepted, how did you hear about it? Just an email? Did they call? I think that some people said they called (from earlier posts), but if I'm in class all day and I can't answer, I will panic haha.

Thanks and sending luck to everyone

Alright, so for those that have been accepted, how did you hear about it? Just an email? Did they call? I think that some people said they called (from earlier posts), but if I'm in class all day and I can't answer, I will panic haha.

I didn't get a phone call, just an email. And then, a couple days later, I got the banner and letter via snail mail. Best of luck!

I received an email, on a Friday before noon. No phone call or anything. A few days later I got a package in the mail with a banner and my acceptance letter with more information.

Well next week is their spring break and that’s when they heard last year so no one panic lol

Well next week is their spring break and that’s when they heard last year so no one panic lol
Isn’t break when a lot of people heard about being on the waitlist last year?

Every time I check this thread (which is turning into every 30 min at this point), I am always hoping that the newest reply is from someone who at least heard something haha

Theoretically, I thought we were supposed to be hearing sometime by today, but all I've been getting this morning is random school emails :bang:

Every time I check this thread (which is turning into every 30 min at this point), I am always hoping that the newest reply is from someone who at least heard something haha

Theoretically, I thought we were supposed to be hearing sometime by today, but all I've been getting this morning is random school emails :bang:

Same I keep checking this thread constantly and every new post I think its someone that has heard back. Ugh. Hoping we hear back today! But if not, we will definitely hear back next week!

I can’t help but have such a negative feeling about it at this point. I’m a 2nd time applicant and the same thing is happening this cycle that happened the last as far as LMU is concerned. I did my interview and didn’t hear anything again until March (around this time) that I was waitlisted. :(

I can’t help but have such a negative feeling about it at this point. I’m a 2nd time applicant and the same thing is happening this cycle that happened the last as far as LMU is concerned. I did my interview and didn’t hear anything again until March (around this time) that I was waitlisted. :(

Don't be feeling too unhopeful yet! I haven't seen anyone from the late january interviews or february interviews get accepted yet....so I'm pretty sure they are still making decisions! It seems like they've only accepted a few of the top people from each interview group through mid january so far... don't lose hope!

Anyone else checking their email like every twelve seconds??? Lol

anyone brave enough to call and see where they're at with decisions? :p

Reactions: 3 users
I have a feeling it’s gonna be next week guys. I’m so sick of waiting! :yeahright:

Last edited:
My reaction when another day passes and I still haven't received an email from LMU:

ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and-rec.gif

Reactions: 10 users
What?! I just got my snail mail acceptance package but no banner.
I didn't get a phone call, just an email. And then, a couple days later, I got the banner and letter via snail mail. Best of luck!

I only got an email (no call) and about a week later I got a letter in the mail explaining the next steps, the boot camp, and I also got a paper banner. The banner was pretty funny, it was a spin on the "say yes to the dress" pictures; it reads "LMUsaidyes"

Just got my acceptance packet in the mail! No banner this year, just an official letter, an info sheet, and a flier for boot camp.

For those still waiting, I'm not sure if this helps, but I interviewed in mid-November and received my email acceptance and last week. I was waitlisted last year and totally get what you're all going through. Best of luck, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that LMU isn't done accepting people yet!

Please tell me SOMEONE has heard an answer from the late January interview crew. I interviewed 1/29 and I’m dying over here lmao

Please tell me SOMEONE has heard an answer from the late January interview crew. I interviewed 1/29 and I’m dying over here lmao
Interviewed the 8th of January so I’m hoping that it’s not bad news I haven’t heard anything :(

Just got my acceptance packet in the mail! No banner this year, just an official letter, an info sheet, and a flier for boot camp.

For those still waiting, I'm not sure if this helps, but I interviewed in mid-November and received my email acceptance and last week. I was waitlisted last year and totally get what you're all going through. Best of luck, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that LMU isn't done accepting people yet!
I also interviewed in mid November. Can you specify what day last week you got an email?

Not sure how you guy do it! I was the last interview group in February and I’ve been going crazy! Mid-March is almost here guys!!!

Not sure how you guy do it! I was the last interview group in February and I’ve been going crazy! Mid-March is almost here guys!!!

I was February too. I hope they actually take some of us from February...

Reactions: 2 users
Yes that’s what I’m afraid of! Fingers crossed!

I would hope that they would save "top applicant" spots for each interview date that would be pretty crappy if they didnt you know? I'm sure they do or else all our interviews would be for nothing lmao

Another day passes and here I stare at my inbox, waiting to hear from LMU:

giphy.gif

Reactions: 7 users