This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How can they have an accepted students day when they haven't send out all their acceptances yet ?! Still waiting to hear something not so patiently after my interview in october..

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I just called and Montana said that they are still reviewing all applications and still have more acceptances to send out. He also said we will know everything about March 15!!!! LMAO. This is taking forever....

Reactions: 3 users
I just called and Montana said that they are still reviewing all applications and still have more acceptances to send out. He also said we will know everything about March 15!!!! LMAO. This is taking forever....

That’s my birthday and I keep telling myself it’s either gonna be the best or the worst birthday lol

Members don't see this ad :)
If we know everything by March 15, then how is there already an accepted students day???

Well, at least you guys aren’t in my situation. I was sent an interview invite on Jan 31, but never received the email (no it’s not in my spam, trash, etc trust me I have torn my email apart trying to find it). So, therefore missed the interview. :) I emailed admissions last night bc I hadn’t heard ANYTHING since I applied and was informed of that. Aaaaannd they won’t give me another chance to interview. So, yeah. Good luck to everyone else! Lol I’m gonna go cry some more.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, at least you guys aren’t in my situation. I was sent an interview invite on Jan 31, but never received the email (no it’s not in my spam, trash, etc trust me I have torn my email apart trying to find it). So, therefore missed the interview. :) I emailed admissions last night bc I hadn’t heard ANYTHING since I applied and was informed of that. Aaaaannd they won’t give me another chance to interview. So, yeah. Good luck to everyone else! Lol I’m gonna go cry some more.
Oh no! I’m so sorry. How did u end up finding out you received an interview invite?

I’m surprised that LMU wouldn’t accommodate you. I sincerely hope everything works out for you in the end
EDIT: oh wow nvm I can’t read. Was there another email they could’ve sent it to? It seems like an understandable incident since it was really not your fault at all and it really sucks that LMU won’t give you another chance

Oh no! I’m so sorry. How did u end up finding out you received an interview invite?

I’m surprised that LMU wouldn’t accommodate you. I sincerely hope everything works out for you in the end

I emailed them last night asking when I might get an update since i hadn’t received anything, and Holly replied saying I was sent an interview invite on the 31st, but I never got it. Literally BEGGED to see if I could get another chance but she said no

Reply to edit: I confirmed the email with Holly so, no:( thank you though!! Everything will be ok!

I emailed them last night asking when I might get an update since i hadn’t received anything, and Holly replied saying I was sent an interview invite on the 31st, but I never got it. Literally BEGGED to see if I could get another chance but she said no :(
I honestly wish there was something I could do for you I feel terrible :( this was absolutely out of your control

Reactions: 1 users
I got an email to interview on January 31 to interview the next day. I really didn't think I was going to get an interview, but I filled someone seat who declined their spot. I really didn't expect to hear from any school. I doubt I get in, though and it was my only school. I think february 1 was their last interview date.

Same here. I will find out from my last schools other than LMU by the end of the month and I just interviewed last week at one of them and the other one doesn't do interviews currently.

I got an email to interview on January 31 to interview the next day. I really didn't think I was going to get an interview, but I filled someone seat who declined their spot. I really didn't expect to hear from any school. I doubt I get in, though and it was my only school. I think february 1 was their last interview date.

Don’t sell yourself short this is the only one i didn’t get rejected from but i feel optimistic :muchlove: :fingerscrossed:

I applied to LMU and had my interview at the end of November. Still waiting to hear back from them and Iowa (who aren't doing interviews this cycle).
Iowa is supposed to give decisions by Friday

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to LMU and had my interview at the end of November. Still waiting to hear back from them and Iowa (who aren't doing interviews this cycle).
Iowa is supposed to give decisions by Friday

I wish all schools did interviews. I just don’t know how good i would look on paper only. A lot of my experience is just so much i can’t fit it all in my application

I wish all schools did interviews. I just don’t know how good i would look on paper only. A lot of my experience is just so much i can’t fit it all in my application
Especially because how good of a writer or student you are isn’t a sure indicator of how you are as a person or how you’ll be as a veterinarian.

Especially because how good of a writer or student you are isn’t a sure indicator of how you are as a person or how you’ll be as a veterinarian.

Agree with you completely. My gre score is absolutely terrible also. My experience is what makes me stand out IMO.

I agree. Iowa is just foregoing them this cycle I believe. I don’t think you can decide if someone will be a god doctor based on a transcript and an essay.

Reactions: 2 users
I just don’t understand how they are sending out stuff about boot camp and doing admitted student days when they haven’t even sent out all their decisions yet.

I just don’t understand how they are sending out stuff about boot camp and doing admitted student days when they haven’t even sent out all their decisions yet.

I don’t know either. I think they may do another one in The summer.

I don’t know either. I think they may do another one in The summer.

I know boot camp is in the summer. It’s just confusing that they would do an admitted student day before they have sent out all acceptances.

I interviewed at in November and still haven't heard of anything.

I called this morning and was told that will be sending out more decisions within the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed!

I'm in a bit of a pickle. LMU's email just came out about the next batch of acceptances coming March 4th, but my lease renewal extension deadline is March 1st. :L I don't want to move if I don't get into vet school this cycle (accepted into grad school where I'm at), but I also wouldn't want to pay a year's worth of lease if I manage to get in. I feel like I just have to hedge my bets and cross my fingers.

I'm in a bit of a pickle. LMU's email just came out about the next batch of acceptances coming March 4th, but my lease renewal extension deadline is March 1st. :L I don't want to move if I don't get into vet school this cycle (accepted into grad school where I'm at), but I also wouldn't want to pay a year's worth of lease if I manage to get in. I feel like I just have to hedge my bets and cross my fingers.

You might want to look at the housing laws/rights where you are. I've lived in a couple states where even if you signed a year-long lease, you can terminate the lease early as long as you give a 30-day notice! Or you can contact the company/person you lease from and see if they have any flexibility on your lease renewal date if you explain the situation.

Last edited:
I asked my landlord if we could go on a month by month or 3 month lease and he agreed to a month by month with a small rent increase, maybe you should ask!

Does anyone have any idea how many acceptances have gone out so far?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there have been any acceptances sent out other than the 50 in December?

I agree. Iowa is just foregoing them this cycle I believe. I don’t think you can decide if someone will be a god doctor based on a transcript and an essay.
It’s expensive for both the schools and the applicants. Pretty sure Iowa State said that’s one of the reasons they aren’t doing them anymore and didn’t last cycle either. They would rather you save your money and not have to fly out, rent a car, and get a hotel room to interview.

It’s expensive for both the schools and the applicants. Pretty sure Iowa State said that’s one of the reasons they aren’t doing them anymore and didn’t last cycle either. They would rather you save your money and not have to fly out, rent a car, and get a hotel room to interview.

I get that but i feel it’s a better way to get to know the applicant. If i have more of a chance getting in with an interview I’d rather pay the money.
I think the whole process is very expenisive. Application fees for Vmcas and the schools, and driving and traveling all the places. The schools themselves are expensive. Phone interviews would be a good way to offset costs also. I think in-person interviews make it more personable and a chance to see the school.

I talked to an admissions person at Iowa State before and she basically said that the interviews don't seem to correlate with doing well in veterinary school either which is what really matters to them. It may help show how well they may do afterwards, but that doesn't matter if they cannot make it through to begin with.

I talked to an admissions person at Iowa State before and she basically said that the interviews don't seem to correlate with doing well in veterinary school either which is what really matters to them. It may help show how well they may do afterwards, but that doesn't matter if they cannot make it through to begin with.

Yeah i get that. I guess it just depends on the applicant. I mean hey the application has to be good enough to get the interview initially so i get it.

Yeah i get that. I guess it just depends on the applicant. I mean hey the application has to be good enough to get the interview initially so i get it.
That doesn’t make any sense to me though. You don’t interview 1200 applicants. You pick the ones you think will make it through (usually around 300) and interview those. That already takes care of weeding out who you don’t think will make it through. Then you can interview people and see if they’ll be good doctors. Are they personable, can they explain their experiences well, can they answer tricky questions on the spot, can they problem solve, etc. If interviews didn’t correlate with success, nowhere would do it and they’d just cut that whole step out.

That doesn’t make any sense to me though. You don’t interview 1200 applicants. You pick the ones you think will make it through (usually around 300) and interview those. That already takes care of weeding out who you don’t think will make it through. Then you can interview people and see if they’ll be good doctors. Are they personable, can they explain their experiences well, can they answer tricky questions on the spot, can they problem solve, etc. If interviews didn’t correlate with success, nowhere would do it and they’d just cut that whole step out.

I agree with you 100%. I mean i would definitely want to do interviews. The vet i work for went to a school that never has required interviews and she has said before that it showed in the classroom. IlBut i don’t think it’s ever enough to choose from 1200 for only 115 spots. I don’t think I’d do so well with no interview at all for me, personally. I have good stats sure but i love to meet people and tel them about myself.

I also think school may take it out to cut down on work and costs for themselves. It’s a lot of work to interview applicants and go through them all multiple times.

I’m glad i have had the chance to interview. I enjoyed the experience for sure i didn’t get the opportunity in undergrad to visit schools so it was nice to have that ability this time around!

I agree with you 100%. I mean i would definitely want to do interviews. The vet i work for went to a school that never has required interviews and she has said before that it showed in the classroom. IlBut i don’t think it’s ever enough to choose from 1200 for only 115 spots. I don’t think I’d do so well with no interview at all for me, personally. I have good stats sure but i love to meet people and tel them about myself.
You’ll never be 100% certain that you chose 100% of the right people for the class. But at the end of the day, everyone chosen for a class is deserving. You’re really never going to choose someone undeserving from an interview. They would have already made it through the first round and are in the roughly 1/4 or 1/5 of students deemed worthy of admission. Most schools do say during interview days that everyone there is, on paper, worthy of admission. It just depends on how the interview goes. Yea, some people might just have an off day, but the fact that they weren’t able to handle themselves better just because they had an off day can be telling of how they’ll handle themselves professionally. For example, at Penn the current students who act as admissions reps have a say in whether or not you get in. At my interview day, I saw several students who got out of their interviews, looked bummed, and sat in the back on their phones the whole time. They obviously didn’t research beforehand and learn that those students watching them act unprofessionally in the holding room could then tell the admissions committee what they saw.

IMG_7972.JPG

I found this the other day just to give everyone an idea of statistics this cycle

Those stats make me a bit disappointed. Seeing them, I know I definitely blew interview.

Hi all! Do you guys know if LMU gives out any scholarships with acceptances? I think I saw the early acceptance people got some but I’m not sure if that’s still a thing?

Hi all! Do you guys know if LMU gives out any scholarships with acceptances? I think I saw the early acceptance people got some but I’m not sure if that’s still a thing?

That’s a good question! I’d be curious to know also!!

Hi! I received a letter in the mail a couple of weeks after my acceptance offering me a scholarship. I have since given up my seat as I got into my IS BUT I can confirm that scholarships are a possibility. BTW, my acceptance came in January - I wasn't part of the early acceptance group.