This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi! I received a letter in the mail a couple of weeks after my acceptance offering me a scholarship. I have since given up my seat as I got into my IS BUT I can confirm that scholarships are a possibility. BTW, my acceptance came in January - I wasn't part of the early acceptance group.
Thanks that helped a lot, and congratulations! Would you mind saying how much the scholarship was for?

Members don't see this ad.

I am starting to get very impatient for decisions to come out. Any tips on how to calm myself down? I am freaking out!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am starting to get very impatient for decisions to come out. Any tips on how to calm myself down? I am freaking out!

Ever since I’ve gotten the week they are sending them out I’ve felt also less anxious. I just tell myself that i can’t rush time and I’ll know soon enough LOL.. it’s a real struggle though. I check a few times a days till.

Ever since I’ve gotten the week they are sending them out I’ve felt also less anxious. I just tell myself that i can’t rush time and I’ll know soon enough LOL.. it’s a real struggle though. I check a few times a days till.
I just want to go to this school so bad! It's so nerve racking!

Anyone who has gotten into more than one school now or in the past, why did you choose LMU?

Reactions: 1 user
IMG_4391.JPG

LMU class of 2022 stats for anyone who is curious

Does anyone know how many people they waitlisted last year and how many got pulled off?

Does anyone know if they will have another accepted students day when they send out more acceptances?

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone heard if the anatomy bootcamp is helpful? i have been accepted and got an email about it today
I would do it. Everyone that does it generally leads the group during the semester. If I had it to do over I wouldn’t miss it!!!

Little over a week guys. Who else is feeling crushed by the waiting anxiety *raises hand*

It’s my last school I hear from! Honestly I’m expecting a rejection given how bad my interview went :oops: I hate MMI formats

Also I’ve read a lot of people think they did bad on the interview but are pleasantly surprised so keep your chin up!

This week is going to go by so slow! I can’t wait to find out

I was accepted to my IS school today so I will not be accepting my seat at LMU if I get in. Hope that frees up a spot for one of y’all. Good luck!

Does anyone know how many offers they have extended? I knew about the early 50 but it seems this year they sent out many batches of acceptances.

Does anyone know how many offers they have extended? I knew about the early 50 but it seems this year they sent out many batches of acceptances.
It looks like 50 went out and then more acceptances were sent on January 22nd.

Everyone got the student mentor email right?

Anyone else have a heart attack with the email just now! My heart skipped lol

In the email they just sent us, one of the student’s response to why she chose LMU seems a bit weird

She said how she likes that LMU lets her work with “real practices” during fourth year rather than a teaching hospital.

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t a teaching hospital a “real” practice, if not more beneficial for a school to have. One of the reasons I’m on the fence about LMU is due to the absence of a teaching hospital. Is there something that I’m missing that makes LMU clinicals more advantageous?

In the email they just sent us, one of the students response to why she chose LMU seems a bit weird

She said how she likes that LMU let’s her work with “real practices” during fourth year rather than a teaching hospital.

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t a teaching hospital a “real” practice, if not more beneficial for a school to have. One of the reasons I’m on the fence about LMU is due to the absence of a teaching hospital. Is there something that I’m missing that makes LMU clinicals more advantageous?
There’s a bit of a debate about this. One side believes that a teaching hospital gives the school more control over making sure students receive the same education and the same standards of practice. The other side says that the distributive model gives students more varied experiences and that can be more helpful in determining what your actually want to do. The settings are very different so you don’t really experience what it’s like to work as, say, a dentist if you’re in a teaching hospital that has 20 specialities all in one building. But as far as what’s right for you or what it’s actually like to experience it, that’s for current students and graduates to say.

Reactions: 2 users
Factors When Picking A School.docx

Could any current students fill this out for LMU?
I can’t speak for other universities but I attend Mississippi State CVM and 50% of the stuff on that doc is not t
Factors When Picking A School.docx

Could any current students fill this out for LMU?

I can’t speak for other universities but I attend Mississippi State CVM and 50% of the stuff on that doc is false/not true anymore. I would just double check to make sure something on that list is still true before basing my decision of schools off of it. :)

Does anyone know if LMU takes fall transcripts into account if they don't contain pre reqs? I am just wondering because my fall transcripts caused an increase to my GPA so I was wondering if that would be taken into account with my application

any guesses on which day this week acceptances will go out? :)

I can’t speak for other universities but I attend Mississippi State CVM and 50% of the stuff on that doc is not t

I can’t speak for other universities but I attend Mississippi State CVM and 50% of the stuff on that doc is false/not true anymore. I would just double check to make sure something on that list is still true before basing my decision of schools off of it. :)
Then change things to make them more accurate. It’s an ongoing list from the factors for picking a school thread on here. It can only stay accurate if people update it. That’s why it was made a google doc.

Let’s hope tomorrow :). I’ve been waiting since October for a decision. I’m just eager to know. It’s been too long and we finally hear back soon!

We are all in this together! Hopefully it’s tomorrow! They said he week following March 4th, i hope they send them at the same time!

Reactions: 1 users
There’s a bit of a debate about this. One side believes that a teaching hospital gives the school more control over making sure students receive the same education and the same standards of practice. The other side says that the distributive model gives students more varied experiences and that can be more helpful in determining what your actually want to do. The settings are very different so you don’t really experience what it’s like to work as, say, a dentist if you’re in a teaching hospital that has 20 specialities all in one building. But as far as what’s right for you or what it’s actually like to experience it, that’s for current students and graduates to say.

I think this person covered the stigma thing around the teaching hospital. I’ve talked to a few students who really enjoy the variety in the residences but that’s all i can say.

I think this person covered the stigma thing around the teaching hospital. I’ve talked to a few students who really enjoy the variety in the residences but that’s all i can say.
I also want to add that, at least from what current students and vets have said, where you go to school doesn’t matter as much for getting residencies as doing well in school, knowing people, and having strong LORs does. In human medicine it matters very very much. For vet med it doesn’t seem to matter as much if at all. Maybe certain schools have better connections, but that’s the only thing I could think of.

Also if you want some more info on someone experiencing the distributive model, drmoorestudentvet on Instagram is a good account. He goes to Western and is a third year I believe. So his posts are from his rotations right now and he’s usually pretty responsive to DM’s.

Then change things to make them more accurate. It’s an ongoing list from the factors for picking a school thread on here. It can only stay accurate if people update it. That’s why it was made a google doc.

I did.

Hey! I've been accepted to LMU but also recently got another acceptance, so now I have a tough decision to make. Are there any current LMU students on here that I could message?

Hello! I'm sorry this getting out to you so late but I am a current 1st year student and a former masters student here at LMU and I hadn't been on the forum in a while but if you still had any questions to ask a current LMU student fell free to send a message!

Anyone else getting impatient ??

I’m thinking tomorrow guys!