This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DecadoSlade

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

This is a stupid question, but since it's my first time I was hoping you could help me out. I am about to send my request to my evaluators for LOR and have a couple questions

1) I am assuming that if they complete and send the LOR then I will get a notification that it has been sent, I was hoping someone could confirm this

2) Do i submit the application after I get this notification or can I submit it as soon as I finish the application, yet still waiting for 1 or all the LOR?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I also had another question, when I am sending the request. There is an option for due date. Do i set a date for how long the evaluator has to write the letter?

Hello Everyone,

This is a stupid question, but since it's my first time I was hoping you could help me out. I am about to send my request to my evaluators for LOR and have a couple questions

1) I am assuming that if they complete and send the LOR then I will get a notification that it has been sent, I was hoping someone could confirm this

2) Do i submit the application after I get this notification or can I submit it as soon as I finish the application, yet still waiting for 1 or all the LOR?

Thanks

Yes, you get an email from optomcas when it is complete, and you can check the status on optomcas to see if it was accepted. You can submit the application before the letters are in, but once the evaluator accepts the request you can't delete them. So make sure the people you pick are reliable and will get them done in a timely manner so you're not waiting around for months. And to your last question yes, the due date is one you set, so I would communicate when you need it done by with the evaluator before hand (I set my due date to a week later than was agreed on, just in case they didn't get it on time - I'm not sure what happens if they miss the date but I'd definitely avoid that if possible)

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, you get an email from optomcas when it is complete, and you can check the status on optomcas to see if it was accepted. You can submit the application before the letters are in, but once the evaluator accepts the request you can't delete them. So make sure the people you pick are reliable and will get them done in a timely manner so you're not waiting around for months. And to your last question yes, the due date is one you set, so I would communicate when you need it done by with the evaluator before hand (I set my due date to a week later than was agreed on, just in case they didn't get it on time - I'm not sure what happens if they miss the date but I'd definitely avoid that if possible)
Thanks so much!