Low GPA, Average DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentgirl922

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 2.45 gpa (during my junior year of undergrad due to many F's and D's, but retook all the classes I had failed) and plan on applying to Dental school. I will be taking my DAT in the summer and was wondering what my chances are of getting into Dental School. I know they aren't high, actually, there are very low, but is there a possibility of an acceptance?
I have started a pre-dental club at my university and have been a part of the Honors Program council for 3 years, and have shadowed A LOT in the past year.
I've been through a lot since I entered college (family problems, being far from home with parents getting divorce, battling depression my first two years).

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a chance of acceptance let alone interviews. You'll have to do a SMP or postbacc before consideration is given.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
2.45?:eek: Is that with the grade replacements?
Anything is possible. It's not probable though. I would do a post-bacc or something.

OP, I was in a similar situation as you are in now. Is your cumulative GPA a 2.45 or is your junior year GPA a 2.45?

Keep in mind that AADSAS fuses your two grades together so an F and an A becomes a C

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

are you URM?

also yes I agree with the others in that you definitely need an SMP and a killer DAT score. Even a post-bacc won't be enough to bring a 2.45 into the 3.2+ range.
Stock up on the EC's and try to get stellar letters of recommendations.