Low GPA, Decent MCAT:Carribean school chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dro33

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, myy GPA is a 2.92 cum, 2.7 sci. and my mcat is 505(28 on the old one). I just finished sending in my transcipts, letters of rec etc. to St. George, AUC and Ross. Because of my low gpa, I was wondering what are my chances of getting into these schools(non MERP).

I know my mcat is above their averages, but my gpa is so much lower, so I'm a little worried.
 
So, myy GPA is a 2.92 cum, 2.7 sci. and my mcat is 505(28 on the old one). I just finished sending in my transcipts, letters of rec etc. to St. George, AUC and Ross. Because of my low gpa, I was wondering what are my chances of getting into these schools(non MERP).

I know my mcat is above their averages, but my gpa is so much lower, so I'm a little worried.
This should be in pre-allo, but you're honestly better off in the long run trying to improve your app and GPA and applying DO or instate MD if you come from a state with very instate favoring schools.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, myy GPA is a 2.92 cum, 2.7 sci. and my mcat is 505(28 on the old one). I just finished sending in my transcipts, letters of rec etc. to St. George, AUC and Ross. Because of my low gpa, I was wondering what are my chances of getting into these schools(non MERP).

I know my mcat is above their averages, but my gpa is so much lower, so I'm a little worried.

Don't go Carib. Spend a year on retakes in a CC and get your GPAs up to 3-3.3 and apply broadly DO.

Every carib applicant I've seen on the trail has had to apply to twice as many places as me for residency to get even close to the same number of interviews.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.