Low GPA in early assurance LECOM-Erie

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zooperchonipero

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am finishing up my spring semester of sophomore year in undergraduate school, and I am in the early assurance program affiliated with LECOM-Erie. I will be attending LECOM DO school in the fall of 2018.

I was wondering if anyone has been kicked out of the early assurance program before graduating due to a low GPA or any other reason?

This program requires a 3.4 GPA overall and a 3.2 GPA science/math. I am currently at about a 3.0 in both of those categories so I am afraid I will be kicked out of the program. I will be taking a summer course, and will be retaking courses that I did not do well in to get my GPA up to their standards.

Will I be given the chance to raise my GPA before the admissions team at LECOM could decide to drop me from the program?

Members don't see this ad.

I am finishing up my spring semester of sophomore year in undergraduate school, and I am in the early assurance program affiliated with LECOM-Erie. I will be attending LECOM DO school in the fall of 2018.

I was wondering if anyone has been kicked out of the early assurance program before graduating due to a low GPA or any other reason?

This program requires a 3.4 GPA overall and a 3.2 GPA science/math. I am currently at about a 3.0 in both of those categories so I am afraid I will be kicked out of the program. I will be taking a summer course, and will be retaking courses that I did not do well in to get my GPA up to their standards.

Will I be given the chance to raise my GPA before the admissions team at LECOM could decide to drop me from the program?
Before all of that, have you spoken to academic advising about your situation yet?

Before all of that, have you spoken to academic advising about your situation yet?
I have talked with the advisor at my university about this situation, and the only information she could give me was that I needed to raise my GPA. I asked her if she had any information about when LECOM evaluates their EA students and she had no idea. She told me that LECOM can probably drop students at any time.

I intend to have my GPA at the requirements by the end of the next fall semester, so I am hoping that LECOM will at least communicate with me before dropping me from the program.