This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

medmaddy

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just finished my sophomore year and I am very unhappy with my performance this spring semester... so now my overall gpa is a 3.14. I don’t know what happened, it just got the best of me I guess. Anyway, I was wondering if there’s still a chance I can raise my gpa enough (keep in mind I haven’t taken the MCAT either) to have a fair shot at MD or even DO.

If you think I have a shot, maybe I just need to hear some low gpa success stories to keep me motivated because I feel like I have no chance of pursing the career I want because of my poor performance this past semester.

I got a D in my genetics class which is probably what made me drop so much. I’ve never gotten a D ever in my academic career. Should I retake this class?
 
I just finished my sophomore year and I am very unhappy with my performance this spring semester... so now my overall gpa is a 3.14. I don’t know what happened, it just got the best of me I guess. Anyway, I was wondering if there’s still a chance I can raise my gpa enough (keep in mind I haven’t taken the MCAT either) to have a fair shot at MD or even DO.

If you think I have a shot, maybe I just need to hear some low gpa success stories to keep me motivated because I feel like I have no chance of pursing the career I want because of my poor performance this past semester.

I got a D in my genetics class which is probably what made me drop so much. I’ve never gotten a D ever in my academic career. Should I retake this class?
I suggest a retake.
Yes, a rising GPA trend speaks volumes.
Go to your schools learning or education center for help.