This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medmaddy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished my sophomore year and I am very unhappy with my performance this spring semester... so now my overall gpa is a 3.14. I don’t know what happened, it just got the best of me I guess. Anyway, I was wondering if there’s still a chance I can raise my gpa enough (keep in mind I haven’t taken the MCAT either) to have a fair shot at MD or even DO.

If you think I have a shot, maybe I just need to hear some low gpa success stories to keep me motivated because I feel like I have no chance of pursing the career I want because of my poor performance this past semester.

I got a D in my genetics class which is probably what made me drop so much. I’ve never gotten a D ever in my academic career. Should I retake this class?

Members don't see this ad.

I just finished my sophomore year and I am very unhappy with my performance this spring semester... so now my overall gpa is a 3.14. I don’t know what happened, it just got the best of me I guess. Anyway, I was wondering if there’s still a chance I can raise my gpa enough (keep in mind I haven’t taken the MCAT either) to have a fair shot at MD or even DO.

If you think I have a shot, maybe I just need to hear some low gpa success stories to keep me motivated because I feel like I have no chance of pursing the career I want because of my poor performance this past semester.

I got a D in my genetics class which is probably what made me drop so much. I’ve never gotten a D ever in my academic career. Should I retake this class?
I suggest a retake.
Yes, a rising GPA trend speaks volumes.
Go to your schools learning or education center for help.