LSU c/o 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Because Friday, February 24th is an important date because...:woot:

Unfortunately, I'd guess you're looking too much into this statement. IF it is by Friday, I'd say that's coincidence. I don't see what the forums could have to do with acceptances.

However, two weeks is this coming Monday... So I'd hope to have news by then!

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately, I'd guess you're looking too much into this statement. IF it is by Friday, I'd say that's coincidence. I don't see what the forums could have to do with acceptances.

However, two weeks is this coming Monday... So I'd hope to have news by then!

Well, we certainly did not mean to mislead anyone at all about today being any kind of deadline/release date/etc for in-state and Arkansas applicant offers of admissions.

Our hosting provider simply told us that our domain name renewal for the www.tigerDVMforums.com domain should be successfully propogated out by no later than Friday (today). This has no connection to the LSU SVM Online Status Check System or the admittance decisions.

I know many of you are dying on the edges of your seats to know, and the committee is working as diligently as possible on their very important final decisions. We anticipate still being able to make our goal of giving acceptance notifications (via the LSU SVM Online Status Check System) by the end of the month of February.

It's of course your decision, but from everything you said, it sounds like you're thinking about this in the sense of what your life is like right now living in that house, and not necessarily what your life will be like living there several months from now when you're in vet school. While it may be hard to sacrifice comfort and leave where you're at, you may be more miserable later on if you make your decision without seriously thinking about all of the demands of vet school and how you will feel about your decision 2 or 3 months into school. I'm not really even talking about having less study time necessarily either. I know for me personally, it gets really old staying at the vet school all the time, and it's nice to just be able to be home in 15 minutes. When you live really far away like that, it may make the day in and day out routine of driving all the way there and all the way back more taxing.

I completely understand what you are saying and appreciate your advice. While I currently live in the hub of all of my activities, I know that will all change once I go to vet school. Even driving to my interview was an eye opener, because I couldn't help thinking about having to do this drive every single day. I still have a couple months to make my final decisions, so I will keep weighing the odds until I have to. But, of course, I do have to find out if I am accepted first! :D Right now I'm just taking it one day at a time.

Members don't see this ad :)
All acceptance decisions have been made! The LSU SVM Online Status Check System (www.vetmed.lsu.edu/admissions) has been updated to reflect all final decisions made by the admissions committee!

COME ON GUYS!!! NO ONE HAS ANY NEWS YET!?!?!!?!? I want to see some acceptances!!! :D So I can live vicariously through you :oops:.

ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!! I can't figure out how to make a facebook group without knowing anybody's name to add though....maybe somebody smarter than me can figure it out? Haha

Anyone who is accepted and attending, please PM me your name, and I'll add you as a friend and add you to the Facebook group I made! :)

All acceptance decisions have been made! The LSU SVM Online Status Check System (www.vetmed.lsu.edu/admissions) has been updated to reflect all final decisions made by the admissions committee!

I wanted to post some feedback regarding rejections and the way they were handled by LSU SVM Admissions.

This is the message that I logged in to see in the LSU Status Check system today. This message replaced my previous invitation to interview:

"No Longer Under Consideration
The Faculty Committee on Admissions, charged with the responsibility to review the qualifications of each applicant and to select the most qualified for admission, spent many hours evaluating individual records. There were many more qualified applicants than there was space within the constraints of a limited class size. Unfortunately, you have not been selected to interview for possible admission into the fall 2012 semester."

This message is obviously recycled from those that were rejected during the interview phase of the application process.

Most of us that applied spent countless hours filling out the application and 5 months waiting to hear the decision of the admissions committee.

It is a slap in the face that those of us that interviewed didn't even get a rejection message directed specifically to us - especially after all of the time invested from our end. I personally was/am very confused by the rejection message.

Unfortunately, you have not been selected to interview for possible admission into the fall 2012 semester."

This message is obviously recycled from those that were rejected during the interview phase of the application process.

Most of us that applied spent countless hours filling out the application and 5 months waiting to hear the decision of the admissions committee.

It is a slap in the face

:smack::wow::bullcrap::annoyed::whoa::uhno::nono:

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure if the two posters above are disagreeing with this faux pas on the part of LSU SVM admissions or disagreeing with the fact that I am hurt by the recycled rejection. :(

I am disagreeing with their faux pas. I'm sure LSU will have a reply for you in the next few days, they are pretty good about it. I completely understand what you're saying though. This process can be really rough on your self esteem, but don't let it define you!

Although I think you have a valid point, just be careful what you say about schools since adcoms do tend to come on here. (I don't think you said anything terrible, but just something to think about).

It is a slap in the face that those of us that interviewed didn't even get a rejection message directed specifically to us - especially after all of the time invested from our end. I personally was/am very confused by the rejection message.

Wow, LSUVetHopeful, I'm so sorry that you were treated this way. I would have felt the same way. Jared seems to be a very nice and thoughtful person. Maybe it was just an oversite? I would send him an e-mail, but like Emiloo said, get out your frustrations first, and let your thoughts be known once your not as upset. I don't think the school would be happy about the incident any more than you are. And don't give up!

Congradulations to all of my future classmates! See you in the fall :D

We acknowledge that in our office's hast to get notifications of admittance decisions out to everyone, there was an erroneous message via the LSU SVM Online Status Check System to those applicants who interviewed but did not receive an offer of admissions. This erroneous message was only available for minutes via the system; however, it was just after the mass email so we understand the frustration by those misinformed applicants. Please know that there was no ill-intent meant in this error and we sincerely apologize for not catching this error prior to the notification email being sent out. We appreciate the huge time invested in the application process by applicants. Our office spends the entire year trying to make the application process as easy and smooth as possible for our applicants so it frustrates us equally when things like this happen.

Again, we are truly sorry for any added anxiety we may have caused.

We acknowledge that in our office's hast to get notifications of admittance decisions out to everyone, there was an erroneous message via the LSU SVM Online Status Check System to those applicants who interviewed but did not receive an offer of admissions. This erroneous message was only available for minutes via the system; however, it was just after the mass email so we understand the frustration by those misinformed applicants. Please know that there was no ill-intent meant in this error and we sincerely apologize for not catching this error prior to the notification email being sent out. We appreciate the huge time invested in the application process by applicants. Our office spends the entire year trying to make the application process as easy and smooth as possible for our applicants so it frustrates us equally when things like this happen.

:thumbup: See, they're pretty awesome! :D

Thanks for the reply and the apology.

A quick note: The erroneous message was available for at least 5 hours as I checked my status twice and not just for a few minutes. Something to check in for next year in your system, I suppose.

I know that LSU is a wonderful school - I just wanted to let you guys know about it. It crushes those rejected enough without feeling like we are just a simple number to be rushed through. This was a huge part of our life for the last 5 months.

Thanks for the reply and the apology.

A quick note: The erroneous message was available for at least 5 hours as I checked my status twice and not just for a few minutes. Something to check in for next year in your system, I suppose.

I know that LSU is a wonderful school - I just wanted to let you guys know about it. It crushes those rejected enough without feeling like we are just a simple number to be rushed through. This was a huge part of our life for the last 5 months.

We empathize with applicants who are not accepted, and certainly do not view applicants as numbers. No decisions for interviewed applicants were uploaded to the system until after 4:00pm. We are are looking into the time-frame during which the erroneous message was displayed so this situation does not arise again next year.

Again, thank you for bring this to our attention and we hope we can help you improve your application for next year's application cycle.

Ok... so Im assuming that my status would have mentioned a position on the alternate list, if I were on such list.

Btw what percentage of the accepted applicants have applied more than once? 0, 50 , 100%?

Ok... so Im assuming that my status would have mentioned a position on the alternate list, if I were on such list.

Btw what percentage of the accepted applicants have applied more than once? 0, 50 , 100%?

Yes, the status would have indicated that applicants are on the alternate list. Annually, there is roughly 13-15% of the total applicant pool that is applying for the second time or more. We would have to do some number crunching to get the data for those that are accepted having applied multiple times. We typically only track the in-state applicants' number of applications. I'll pull this data and add it to the statistics page once we have all of the class filled. You'll be able to see this data on the "Previous Class Statistics" page on the LSU SVM Admissions web site at www.vetmed.lsu.edu/admissions. (It will probably be updated with the 2016 data sometime in June.)

Last edited:
I was on the alternate list for last year's selection, and it did mention it in the Status Check System. I got in this year. I know of several people, including myself, who applied more than once before getting in. Determination pays off.

Accepted 2/28/2012 Arkansas contract seat

Last edited:
Hey you guys...don't forget to join the Facebook group for the class of 2016 if you've been accepted. :)

And if you know anyone who doesn't do SDN, let them know about the group, too, please?

http://www.facebook.com/groups/332989373405440/

(let me know if that link doesn't work!)

In the next few days, there will be a list made available (along with the Welcoming Packet documentation) that will include all students who've accepted their offers of admission. This will be updated ever time another acceptance is received.

Thanks!

Looks like the OOS waitlist is starting to move! Someone posted in the acceptances thread that s/he was given an offer.

Good Luck to everyone waiting! I gave up my OOS waitlist spot last week because I accepted a spot elsewhere. Hope this helps someone still waiting. LSU seems like an awesome school!

I was waitlisted as an out of state applicant, and accepted from the waitlist about a month ago (3/27) and I totally didn't expect to get in. From what I can tell, there are still a few out of state seats open.. so if any of you are OOS and waitlisted, don't give up hope yet! Best of luck :)

I got a call from LSU the other day, and was offered admission into the incoming class off the OOS waitlist. Unfortunately, I didn't get that necessary C minimum grade in biochem this spring, and am currently retaking it. The "all pre-reqs must be completed by the end of spring semester" rule still holds, so... in the same phone call I was given an offer of admission, I was also rejected. In what was sincerely the nicest way possible. Haha. :)

It's a little disappointing, but I'd already (like, months ago) mentally accepted not getting into any schools this round, and already have plans for the coming year. Also I'm happy that, even if it didn't stick, my application was good enough to get the offer otherwise!

It's pretty sweet knowing I got into vet school, even if it was for only two minutes. :laugh:

I got a call from LSU the other day, and was offered admission into the incoming class off the OOS waitlist. Unfortunately, I didn't get that necessary C minimum grade in biochem this spring, and am currently retaking it. The "all pre-reqs must be completed by the end of spring semester" rule still holds, so... in the same phone call I was given an offer of admission, I was also rejected. In what was sincerely the nicest way possible. Haha. :)

It's a little disappointing, but I'd already (like, months ago) mentally accepted not getting into any schools this round, and already have plans for the coming year. Also I'm happy that, even if it didn't stick, my application was good enough to get the offer otherwise!

It's pretty sweet knowing I got into vet school, even if it was for only two minutes. :laugh:

You decided to establish residency and then reapply as IS, didn't you? I'm sad I won't be seeing you next year! :(

Oh f-ing biochem! Sorry to hear this.
Good luck next year:luck:

You decided to establish residency and then reapply as IS, didn't you?

Yep, I already have the move planned for this summer! :)

Oh f-ing biochem! Sorry to hear this.

I have a different professor for this round, and it's amazing how much better it's going this time. I can't blame my terrible grade entirely on the professor, of course, but the one who taught it last semester was really, really not skilled at teaching complicated material.