You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LSU 2024-2025 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
tatertot25
Full Member
anyone hear back off of the OOS alternate list?
I may be wrong, but I think LSU waits until after decision day to start pulling people off the alternate list
I hope not :/I may be wrong, but I think LSU waits until after decision day to start pulling people off the alternate list
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
leafygreencow
Full Member
They do wait, I emailed to confirm last week.I hope not :/
“Alternate offers will be made after the national decision deadline of April 15th and may continue through the first week of the Fall semester.”
leafygreencow
Full Member
Hopefully people will update here as they accept/decline to give waitlisted students a better understanding!
tatertot25
Full Member
I hate that they wait[emoji24]
tatertot25
Full Member
Hopefully people will update here as they accept/decline to give waitlisted students a better understanding!
A couple of people have mentioned plans to decline OOS seats at LSU in the waitlisted thread on here!
leafygreencow
Full Member
Oh cool, didn’t know that was a thing!A couple of people have mentioned plans to decline OOS seats at LSU in the waitlisted thread on here!
leafygreencow
Full Member
Does anyone have an idea of how many people are waitlisted each year? Sry this has probably been asked before
tatertot25
Full Member
Oh cool, didn’t know that was a thing!
Haven’t seen a thread made yet for those waitlisted this cycle! Thought it would be a good idea to start one so we can chat and update as we hopefully get pulled off!
- tatertot25
- Replies: 300
- Forum: Pre-Veterinary
tatertot25
Full Member
From what I have been able to find, it seems to be quite a large waitlist but that it does move a decent amount. I have not found any numbers from recent years, but that may be due to them no longer giving out rankings. I did find a thread from like 2017 that said over 150Does anyone have an idea of how many people are waitlisted each year? Sry this has probably been asked before
BlueVanGummybear
Full Member
Is there an accepted students chat for LSU yet??
primefox
Hopeful DVM Class of 2029
Is there an accepted students chat for LSU yet??
I would love to start one!
I just declined my OOS spot!
Thank you for letting us know!I just declined my OOS spot!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good Afternoon,
I am an SGU student moving to LSU to start in June for my 4th year. I am not able to visit before moving in at the end of May, so I need housing recommendations. Here is what I need:
1. To be 30 minutes from campus when on call (This means I must take no longer than 30 minutes to get there on game days)
2. Be able to park close (On Campus by the Clinic) or walk on game days
3. Studio or one bedroom
4. Washer and dryer in apartment
5. Dishwasher in apartment
6. Allows a parrot and a large dog.
7. Somewhere where I can wheel a birdcage outside onto a deck or balcony to clean it weekly. (I would like to have a hose (spigot) hookup)
8. No roommates
9. Quiet
10. A nice place where single professionals live is the vibe I am looking for
Please only serious responses. I really don't know where to even start.
Thank-You!
I am an SGU student moving to LSU to start in June for my 4th year. I am not able to visit before moving in at the end of May, so I need housing recommendations. Here is what I need:
1. To be 30 minutes from campus when on call (This means I must take no longer than 30 minutes to get there on game days)
2. Be able to park close (On Campus by the Clinic) or walk on game days
3. Studio or one bedroom
4. Washer and dryer in apartment
5. Dishwasher in apartment
6. Allows a parrot and a large dog.
7. Somewhere where I can wheel a birdcage outside onto a deck or balcony to clean it weekly. (I would like to have a hose (spigot) hookup)
8. No roommates
9. Quiet
10. A nice place where single professionals live is the vibe I am looking for
Please only serious responses. I really don't know where to even start.
Thank-You!
BlueVanGummybear
Full Member
Breezy! I’ve seen you on so many chats, where did you decide to go afterall??I just declined my OOS spot!
still TBD 😩 i’m just starting to narrow my choices down a little!Breezy! I’ve seen you on so many chats, where did you decide to go afterall??
futuredvm29
Full Member
You won’t get a direct email confirmation but your portal will update saying that your acceptance has been confirmed, they update the system everyday so give it a few hours!Just committed to LSU! I'm so excited!! only question is after you fill out the Google doc do you get confirmation?
kotarose
Full Member
We should definitely start one!I would love to start one!
leafygreencow
Full Member
Curious if anyone else has rejected OOS seat or left the waitlist since more decisions have come out this week? 🥲 Give a waitlist girlie some hope
stephanyvelasco
Full Member
I’m removing myself from the waitlist OOS
albatrossless
Full Member
I will most likely be rejecting my OOS seat!Curious if anyone else has rejected OOS seat or left the waitlist since more decisions have come out this week? 🥲 Give a waitlist girlie some hope
primefox
Hopeful DVM Class of 2029
Here is an LSU discord to keep in touch! Feel free to join if you are admitted, accepted, or waitlisted and wanting updates from people! Excited to meet everyone!
discord.gg
Join the LSU Class of 2029 Discord Server!
Check out the LSU Class of 2029 community on Discord - hang out with 1 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.
TukusTeten
PennVet ‘29
Hi everyone! Just letting you know that I am planning on declining my OOS acceptance.
kriche
Full Member
They don't tell you your place.I know I’ve asked before but does LSU ever tell you your waitlist position? How many OOS alts normally get chosen? Is there any hope at all🥲
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was accepted to MSU so I will be declining my OOS acceptance to LSU 😃Any idea how many people have decided their OOS seat or OOS waitlist? Trying to gauge if i stand a chance but its difficult not knowing order of the waitlist or any info on it:’)
streptomyces
Full Member
Does anyone know what the deposit fee is for LSU if we are accepted? I can't find it on their website
primefox
Hopeful DVM Class of 2029
Does anyone know what the deposit fee is for LSU if we are accepted? I can't find it on their website
I was under the impression that there is no seat deposit! Just acceptance form.
last year I got pulled off the waitlist on april 16th, so they begin moving pretty quicklyhow soon after april 15th does LSU normally starting pulling people from waitlists? this year 4/15 is a tuesday so do you guys think we could hear back as early as later that week or likely the following monday?
leafygreencow
Full Member
Is there a groupchat for accepted/waitlisted students?
kriche
Full Member
Someone started a discord a few weeks agoIs there a groupchat for accepted/waitlisted students?
Join the LSU Class of 2029 Discord Server!
Check out the LSU Class of 2029 community on Discord - hang out with 12 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.
leafygreencow
Full Member
Does anyone know where to get more solid information about waitlist movement in previous years.
I’ve seen some posts on here (this thread) say that they have to moved through the whole waitlist in previous years, but then when I look at threads from 2027/2028 and earlier and there’s like two pages and only a few mentions of waitlist movement. And last years class said it moved very slow so I’m not sure what to expect.
I’ve seen some posts on here (this thread) say that they have to moved through the whole waitlist in previous years, but then when I look at threads from 2027/2028 and earlier and there’s like two pages and only a few mentions of waitlist movement. And last years class said it moved very slow so I’m not sure what to expect.
alyssa13
Full Member
I heard in 2023 it moved fully but last year didn't move as much. Not sure if that could have been due to the huge increase in class size (132 in c/o 2027, 175 in c/o 2018) and them accepting more people off the bat so less chances for open spots?Does anyone know where to get more solid information about waitlist movement in previous years.
I’ve seen some posts on here (this thread) say that they have to moved through the whole waitlist in previous years, but then when I look at threads from 2027/2028 and earlier and there’s like two pages and only a few mentions of waitlist movement. And last years class said it moved very slow so I’m not sure what to expect.
Im also, sadly, internally thinking every year is different and it gets more and more competitive every year so as years go on there may be less moving on waitlists as its harder to get into a school, much less get into multiple :/
However im trying to stay positive and will be GLUED to my phone anticipating a call next month. Hopefully we can be students together!
So is there an in state waitlist and out of state? Or just one waitlist? I got in, asking for a buddy who is IS and listed as an alternate.
Also for those of you OOS who attended Showcase Day this past weekend how does LSU stack up against other schools you’ve toured?
Also for those of you OOS who attended Showcase Day this past weekend how does LSU stack up against other schools you’ve toured?
leafygreencow
Full Member
Curious if anyone can share if they’ve accepted/denied their offer/waitlist spot or any folks still waiting as decision day approaches? 😊 Good luck to everyone on their journey to Dr.!
alyssa13
Full Member
i've looked at this thread and the successful applicants thread and ive seen maybe around 10 ppl either decline their offer or take themselves off the OOS waitlist!Curious if anyone can share if they’ve accepted/denied their offer/waitlist spot or any folks still waiting as decision day approaches? 😊 Good luck to everyone on their journey to Dr.!
Has anyone been pulled from the waitlist yet? I bet they wait until after 4/15 to start moving.i've looked at this thread and the successful applicants thread and ive seen maybe around 10 ppl either decline their offer or take themselves off the OOS waitlist!
CeeGee14
U.C Davis c/o 2029
I declined my OOS spot! Hope you get some good news soon!Curious if anyone can share if they’ve accepted/denied their offer/waitlist spot or any folks still waiting as decision day approaches? 😊 Good luck to everyone on their journey to Dr.!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
alyssa13
Full Member
Nope no movement yet! It starts on 4/16! Im hoping it moves quite quickly though with the quick timeline they give us to accept our seatHas anyone been pulled from the waitlist yet? I bet they wait until after 4/15 to start moving.
Last edited:
From what I have seen on this thread, there isn't a deposit fee! I'm also on the waitlist though so I haven't been accepted, so take that with a grain of salt!How much is the deposit fee for LSU if we do get pulled off of the waitlist?
leafygreencow
Full Member
Haha I’ve been doing the same thing, just weird bc I feel like I haven’t seen a lot of OOS people say theyre accepting their seats on any threads! I’m sure they might just accept and get off SDN at that point if they consider their cycle overNope no movement yet! It starts on 4/16! Im hoping it moves quite quickly though with the quick timeline they give us to accept our seat
alyssa13
Full Member
Thats what Im thinking! Either that or just that not too many people use SDN in the grand scheme of things, I frequently see the same people post so it really is just a small population we can go off of. What may be ~10 spots opening up seen on SDN may actually be like 30 considering people who dont post! Fingers crossed for the best, 1 week till movement begins 😀Haha I’ve been doing the same thing, just weird bc I feel like I haven’t seen a lot of OOS people say theyre accepting their seats on any threads! I’m sure they might just accept and get off SDN at that point if they consider their cycle over
Similar threads
- Replies
- 607
- Views
- 89K