You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LSU 2024-2025 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
kriche
Full Member
Also on UF's wait-list. Both are OOSis anyone that's on LSU's waitlist on any other ones currently?
I'm on KSU and Midwestern's waitlists, but KSU sent out an email on Monday saying their class was full already so unless someone drops their seat that's a no-go. Midwestern's waitlist doesn't appear to have even started moving, and the decision letter I got from them was very vague about when/how they'd be checking alternates.is anyone that's on LSU's waitlist on any other ones currently?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pland2001
Full Member
is anyone that's on LSU's waitlist on any other ones currently?
UF, Iowa both OOS
leafygreencow
Full Member
I am also on the waitlist to Rowan, but their OOS waitlist hasn't had any movement at all yet 🥲. Really hoping for the best for all of us. All it takes is one!
leafygreencow
Full Member
Would anyone who was taken off the OOS waitlist feel comfortable sharing their stats?
I'm a first year applicant that was taken off the OOS waitlist on 4/15! My science and cumulative GPAs were a 3.58 and my last 45 hour was a 3.8. I had 700 animal experience hours and 1300 vet hours with a mix of small animal, large animal, exotics, and specialty medicine. I have like 100 hours of research and published a paper with my professor, I was a member of 2 clubs, and I held two leadership positions in my sorority.Would anyone who was taken off the OOS waitlist feel comfortable sharing their stats?
alyssa13
Full Member
this waitlist is moving so slowwww (according to portal updates) and not having placements is making me lose hope so fast like just going to sleep disappointed again everynight is exhausting. especially because i know my gpa/experiences were not as high or as unique or great as so many other applicants i would be surprised if i wasnt dead last on the waitlist :/
leafygreencow
Full Member
Sending hugs, friend. 🫂 SGU is an amazing school was well, you'll still be a doctor! It's so easy to get down on ourselves, we all work so hard and at the end of the day the numbers are against us.this waitlist is moving so slowwww (according to portal updates) and not having placements is making me lose hope so fast like just going to sleep disappointed again everynight is exhausting. especially because i know my gpa/experiences were not as high or as unique or great as so many other applicants i would be surprised if i wasnt dead last on the waitlist :/
alyssa13
Full Member
I totally agree! I think Im moreso getting stressed out because while I have my deposit down there I'm waiting on signing a lease/getting myself ready to move for a school which the odds are against me getting into. I truly just dont get why they cant give us waitlist info, most of my stress would be settled LOL. We'll all get there and look back at these days and know they led us to where we need to be!
leafygreencow
Full Member
Do we have any reason to believe the waitlist is moving fast or slow?
Last year’s thread it seemed like there was movement every few days up until mid-may and then occasional movement throughout the summer. Do we think it’s looking the same so far? It’s so hard to speculate with how little talk there is in the threads from the past two years lol
Last year’s thread it seemed like there was movement every few days up until mid-may and then occasional movement throughout the summer. Do we think it’s looking the same so far? It’s so hard to speculate with how little talk there is in the threads from the past two years lol
leafygreencow
Full Member
I guess what I’m asking is does anyone have an idea of how much the portal/system updated in CO27 and prior?I feel like its moving so slow due to the infrequent portal updates and (i know SDN is a small portion of applicants) lack of people saying theyre hearing back 🙁
Also for anyone curious I did call admissions and ask what the portal updates meant and they said it only updates when your status changes from waitlisted to accepted. So I think they misunderstood my question or didn’t want to say what it meant OR don’t know that we can see every time it updates 😅
hopefulvet!
Full Member
Any movement?
leafygreencow
Full Member
The portal has updated at least once the past three daysAny movement?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
leafygreencow
Full Member
Yeah and it moved the two days before that. I honestly feel like it’s moving pretty well, every other day or so there is an update even sometimes two a day (tends to update between 11-12 and then 3-5). It is shocking to me how little talk there has been about offers in general on here/reddit/FB/discord. For how much the portal is updating you’d expect to see more people saying they got pulled!Last portal update was yesterday 3:17 pm CST i wish we could get some communication this sucks:/
tatertot25
Full Member
System updated this afternoon. Anyone get pulled off?
leafygreencow
Full Member
Not me, but it literally moved every day this week so that has to be a good sign, no? I honestly feel like the waitlist is moving at an okay pace. Do ppl agree or think it’s slow?System updated this afternoon. Anyone get pulled off?
leafygreencow
Full Member
That’s good insight with MSU. Timo be fair we don’t know how many people get taken off at a time. It looks like the first day three people were taken off around the same time which only showed as one portal update.I feel like it’s slow, only seeing ~1 update per day. Not for nothing but Miss State is already past the 60 mark i feel like LSU is maybe in the 30s if that but its impossible to tell 😅
leafygreencow
Full Member
Yess I have a good feeling about this week 🙏!happy sunday night to all my fellow waitlisters.. hopefully we will see some decent movement tomorrow/this week 🤞
tatertot25
Full Member
Was not me lol
leafygreencow
Full Member
Mine didn’t update?? It says last update yesterday at 3:32pm. But it could always move a second time too as well!
Omg I thought the previous message in the thread was posted 7:55am… I need to go back to sleep LOL
Omg I thought the previous message in the thread was posted 7:55am… I need to go back to sleep LOL
Last edited:
leafygreencow
Full Member
Guys I realized my partner is the issue… every night they say “I really think tomorrow’s the day!” and it’s spurring my delusion 🤣🫠
alyssa13
Full Member
HAHA no same, one of my best friends everyday says LSU is going to reach out and im like stopppp (but also dont stop)Guys I realized my partner is the issue… every night they say “I really think tomorrow’s the day!” and it’s spurring my delusion 🤣🫠
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
leafygreencow
Full Member
I’m estimating based on the portal updates about 30-40 people at least, if multiple offers go out per update then it could be even higher. It’s so hard to tell though. I met someone on FaceBook who is a student ambassador working in the admissions office and she said the admissions team won’t even talk to them about waitlist movement… I hate to say it but honestly the amount of secrecy makes me nervous about how “fair” the system is, but I hope that’s my anxiety talking. It’s like that audio on insta… all we can do is pray for her! 🤣I wish they would just say how far down the waitlist they have gotten through
leafygreencow
Full Member
Also I notice updates go out ~3:35pm ET a lot!
alyssa13
Full Member
yes! it seems to be the afternoon they update the portal/send out acceptances i've noticed that as wellAlso I notice updates go out ~3:35pm ET a lot!
alyssa13
Full Member
i'd cry if its somehow not fair 😅 time is ticking but im so scared to pull myself from the waitlist especially not knowing numbers, if its possible that i would be next in line but i guess everything will end up as it is supposed to for all of us. hopefully more movement happens and we get some good news!I’m estimating based on the portal updates about 30-40 people at least, if multiple offers go out per update then it could be even higher. It’s so hard to tell though. I met someone on FaceBook who is a student ambassador working in the admissions office and she said the admissions team won’t even talk to them about waitlist movement… I hate to say it but honestly the amount of secrecy makes me nervous about how “fair” the system is, but I hope that’s my anxiety talking. It’s like that audio on insta… all we can do is pray for her! 🤣
leafygreencow
Full Member
The portal has updated every week day since the 23rd… Fingers crossed for some good news!
leafygreencow
Full Member
Yep my portal says 3:30 cst today.todays movement should be coming soon... generally has been between 3-4:30 CST 😅 😅
alyssa13
Full Member
Same , and again not me i’m so close to throwing in the towel :/Yep my portal says 3:30 cst today.
leafygreencow
Full Member
Yes, also last week I called admissions to ask if they notify when the class is full and they literally wouldn't even give a straight answer to that question... Yk that trending audio that's like "No one wants the recipe to your mom's peach cobbler..." That's literally how I feel trying to get an answer for the worlds simplest question out of them 😭do we know if their plan is still to have a class size of 200
leafygreencow
Full Member
Could you link the FB page?okay bc on may 8 (the day vmcas programs opened) the facebook group dropped from like 195 to 187 so i’m hopeful that maybe some people decided to reapply (?) idek
Also wouldn't it be over 200 ppl including the staff or is it a student run page? Either way I feel like that's a good sign but I feel like it's probably coincidental bc idk why the VMCAS opening would affect people who already accepted offers. IDK though
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
leafygreencow
Full Member
Ugh I can't find it lol. Maybe for the best... I already compulsively check like 5 other pages so maybe I don't need another LOLI don't know how to link the fb page (I just got fb) but its name it "LSU Vet Med Class of 2029" and it seems like there's two admin (but its private) so if that's it then 185 current students im thinking.
alyssa13
Full Member
Im literally going crazy thinking about it, I only wanna give myself till June before I pull myself off the waitlist and just want ANY answer.. if theyre still pulling people, if the class is filling up, anything. I wish they understood people can't always wait blindly and be ready to drop everything when theyre given no information beforehand... Im also especially nervous because there were no portal updates on Friday. Hoping to see some movement today
tatertot25
Full Member
Ugh
Similar threads
- Replies
- 607
- Views
- 89K