LSU 2024-2025 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Since they give 48-72 hours to decide I wonder if they’re sending out rounds of acceptances every 2-3 days? It could make sense those people who received them this week had to decide by yesterday and then a new batch on Monday.

This is speculation lol but I feel like it could make sense
That would make sense - Wednesday/decision day essentially has until Friday then assuming they're closed over the weekend/at least for Easter weekend. Then sending more out in the beginning of next week - hopefully thats right!
I do hope that they send out an email when the class is full as that would be unlikely to have an offer sent (I am aware people could last second decline their seat and move it more) so we can have some closure
 
That would make sense - Wednesday/decision day essentially has until Friday then assuming they're closed over the weekend/at least for Easter weekend. Then sending more out in the beginning of next week - hopefully thats right!
I do hope that they send out an email when the class is full as that would be unlikely to have an offer sent (I am aware people could last second decline their seat and move it more) so we can have some closure
Yeah truthfully it could be anything, but I’m trying to stay positive feel like the timeline makes sense for them sending out a new batch on Monday. Also if you look at the thread for LSU CO28 for the first two weeks or so people posted about every three days saying they got off the waitlist so I think it makes sense. Even if the class fills up by the end of the month there’s still minor movement throughout the summer.

Out of curiosity do other waitlisters have self-made deadlines of when to pull their names? I’m trying to make the decision myself and would love to hear other perspectives 🙂
 
Yeah truthfully it could be anything, but I’m trying to stay positive feel like the timeline makes sense for them sending out a new batch on Monday. Also if you look at the thread for LSU CO28 for the first two weeks or so people posted about every three days saying they got off the waitlist so I think it makes sense. Even if the class fills up by the end of the month there’s still minor movement throughout the summer.

Out of curiosity do other waitlisters have self-made deadlines of when to pull their names? I’m trying to make the decision myself and would love to hear other perspectives 🙂
I’m thinking early June I’d pull my name. Since I do have an acceptance to SGU and I put down my deposit- i’d have to look at apartments and stuff! That way at least I’d have 2 full months before I move out to Grenada where I’d be able to sign a lease (since I’m bringing my cat) and have a plan!

Also, I did see someone on facebook declined their OOS waitlist seat they got on Friday!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m thinking early June I’d pull my name. Since I do have an acceptance to SGU and I put down my deposit- i’d have to look at apartments and stuff! That way at least I’d have 2 full months before I move out to Grenada where I’d be able to sign a lease (since I’m bringing my cat) and have a plan!

Also, I did see someone on facebook declined their OOS waitlist seat they got on Friday!
Where on Facebook did you see that?
 
Speculating that it may mean the waitlist is moving / when someone offered a waitlist seat responds?
yup they never said what it means but i believe it means either they extended an offer/ somebody accepted their seat or someone on the admissions committee marks it as updated so we know theyre active but that is flawed because it never showed movement for Friday 4/18 and there was a seat offered so idk for sure lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Update!
My email: I am currently on the out of state alternate list (VMCAS ID: redacted from sdn lol) and have been seeing the status system updating most days since the April 15 deposit deadline. I am aware waitlist positions are not shared so information is limited but am emailing to see if there is any update admissions would be able to disclose to the alternates, such as if the class is approaching a full status or if more movement is anticipated?
LSU: Thank you for your continued interest in our DVM program. We know the waitlist can be an uncertain place to be, but we will be in touch with applicants as soon as a position is available, and the applicant is the next eligible candidate. Alternate offers will continue to be made after national decision deadline of April 15th and may continue through the first week of the Fall semester.

So that didn’t really answer my question, but I’m going to take the as the class is not full hopefully they wouldve told me? Definitely would have appreciated an actual update instead of information. We already have access to, but at least they responded lol
 
Update!
My email: I am currently on the out of state alternate list (VMCAS ID: redacted from sdn lol) and have been seeing the status system updating most days since the April 15 deposit deadline. I am aware waitlist positions are not shared so information is limited but am emailing to see if there is any update admissions would be able to disclose to the alternates, such as if the class is approaching a full status or if more movement is anticipated?
LSU: Thank you for your continued interest in our DVM program. We know the waitlist can be an uncertain place to be, but we will be in touch with applicants as soon as a position is available, and the applicant is the next eligible candidate. Alternate offers will continue to be made after national decision deadline of April 15th and may continue through the first week of the Fall semester.

So that didn’t really answer my question, but I’m going to take the as the class is not full hopefully they wouldve told me? Definitely would have appreciated an actual update instead of information. We already have access to, but at least they responded lol
I’m guessing (based off their behavior/communication around the topic) that they won’t disclose when the class is full to prevent people from pulling their names in the event that after the class fills some students revoke their offer and then they don’t have enough names on the waiting list to fill the class again.
 
Update!
My email: I am currently on the out of state alternate list (VMCAS ID: redacted from sdn lol) and have been seeing the status system updating most days since the April 15 deposit deadline. I am aware waitlist positions are not shared so information is limited but am emailing to see if there is any update admissions would be able to disclose to the alternates, such as if the class is approaching a full status or if more movement is anticipated?
LSU: Thank you for your continued interest in our DVM program. We know the waitlist can be an uncertain place to be, but we will be in touch with applicants as soon as a position is available, and the applicant is the next eligible candidate. Alternate offers will continue to be made after national decision deadline of April 15th and may continue through the first week of the Fall semester.

So that didn’t really answer my question, but I’m going to take the as the class is not full hopefully they wouldve told me? Definitely would have appreciated an actual update instead of information. We already have access to, but at least they responded lol
I emailed them a couple days ago and they responded with the exact same thing you were sent
 
I’m guessing (based off their behavior/communication around the topic) that they won’t disclose when the class is full to prevent people from pulling their names in the event that after the class fills some students revoke their offer and then they don’t have enough names on the waiting list to fill the class again.
That makes sense I suppose - but i wish they wouldve at least said “x amount of offers have been sent, we are still sending out offers” or SOMETHING that isnt straight from their website😭
 
That makes sense I suppose - but i wish they wouldve at least said “x amount of offers have been sent, we are still sending out offers” or SOMETHING that isnt straight from their website😭
I agree, I also emailed them within the past few days and they sent this same message (like another user said lol) so I feel like at this point they’re not going to budge at all.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad