LSU- Shreveport Acceptable List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cici3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if every person who interviews at LSU- Shreveport is either rejected or put on the acceptable list, or if some people are accepted right after their interview? Do you have to be put on the acceptable list to be accepted? And is there another list other than the acceptable list? If anyone could clear this up for me it would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I think some people are accepted outright, some rejected outright, and the rest are "acceptable". I know two who interviewed at LSU-S last year and one was accepted outright, while the other was acceptable. The one who was acceptable was accepted at the beginning of this cycle, and I don't think she had to interview again.
Check out their admissions website too--it has answers to just about everything. I think it's the most thorough admissions site of any school. And I love the section on "photographs"! :laugh: That'll make you put some money down for a studio photo, for sure!

southerncomfort said:
Check out their admissions website too

oh boy, I just went to it... it's so sassy! every part of it! I want to meet the person(s) who wrote it.

Members don't see this ad :)
anon-y-mouse said:
oh boy, I just went to it... it's so sassy! every part of it! I want to meet the person(s) who wrote it.

Indeed! I love their answer to determine if you're a resident. "If this picture (swamp scene) is familiar, then you are probably a resident."

And the restaurant recommendations are a nice touch, too.

I did check out the website before I posted this and the section on acceptable list made me think that everyone was put on it at some point or another.

cici3 said:
I did check out the website before I posted this and the section on acceptable list made me think that everyone was put on it at some point or another.

I recieved my ACCEPTANCE letter today. I interviewed two Tuesdays ago, and recieved it today. Said it constituted my "acceptance letter"

So I'm pretty sure I didn't go onto a list.

Now if I can just decide b/t Shreveport and New Orleans. :rolleyes: :confused:

Jbienven said:
I recieved my ACCEPTANCE letter today. I interviewed two Tuesdays ago, and recieved it today. Said it constituted my "acceptance letter"

So I'm pretty sure I didn't go onto a list.

Now if I can just decide b/t Shreveport and New Orleans. :rolleyes: :confused:
Congratulations! And thanks for clearing that up for me.

cici3 said:
Congratulations! And thanks for clearing that up for me.

Thanks!

Now I just have to figure out New Orleans or Shreveport.

I say go with shreveport, but that's only cause I want your spot at NOLA. Seriously, congratulations on both!!!

drlatina said:
I say go with shreveport, but that's only cause I want your spot at NOLA. Seriously, congratulations on both!!!

I probably won't have the forsight to decide until early May.

I'm just very worried about the hospital/overall healthcare situation in New Orleans.