2022-2023 LSU - Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Scribe2MD2018 for sharing this year's questions!

2022-2023 LSU - Shreveport Secondary Essay Prompts

1. Uploaded photo (requested, but not required)
* We encourage, but do not require, you to submit/upload an appropriate photograph. It should reflect your judgment and seriousness of purpose.

2. Have you read, understood, and agree to abide by our Student Code of Conduct and our Statement on Professionalism? Yes/No

3. Have you read, understood, and certify that you can meet our Technical Standards, with or without reasonable accommodation? Yes/No

4. Have you interviewed previously in Shreveport? (click off options)

5. (Optional): If you are not a Louisiana Resident, please describe your connection, if any, to north Louisiana.

6. (Optional): Briefly describe how you plan to contribute to LSU Health Shreveport and the Shreveport/Bossier community?

7. (Optional): PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION ONLY IF YOU ARE A RE-APPLICANT TO LSU HEALTH SHREVEPORT. Since your previous medical school application, what academic, employment, volunteer experiences or other progress have you made that make you a more competitive applicant?

8. (Optional): Did you participate in any LSU Health Shreveport pipeline programs? If so, please indicate below which one(s). (click off options)

We expect to interview applicants through April 2023. Early is always better!

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:
Louisiana State University Shreveport School of Medicine Interview Feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Is lsu shreveport still taking AMCAS LOR through the letter service?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email they are reviewing my primary. They have reviewed and sent secondaries to ED and RD will come later in the month. I am RD OOS

Members don't see this ad :)
Uploaded photo (requested, but not required)
* We encourage, but do not require, you to submit/upload an appropriate photograph. It should reflect your judgment and seriousness of purpose.

Have you read, understood, and agree to abide by our Student Code of Conduct and our Statement on Professionalism? Yes/No
Have you read, understood, and certify that you can meet our Technical Standards, with or without reasonable accommodation? Yes/No
Have you interviewed previously in Shreveport? (click off options)
Optional: If you are not a Louisiana Resident, please describe your connection, if any, to north Louisiana.
Optional: Briefly describe how you plan to contribute to LSU Health Shreveport and the Shreveport/Bossier community?
Optional: PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION ONLY IF YOU ARE A RE-APPLICANT TO LSU HEALTH SHREVEPORT. Since your previous medical school application, what academic, employment, volunteer experiences or other progress have you made that make you a more competitive applicant?
Optional: Did you participate in any LSU Health Shreveport pipeline programs? If so, please indicate below which one(s). (click off options)

We expect to interview applicants through April 2023. Early is always better!

@wysdoc

Does anyone know how to submit the $50 fee for Shreveport's application? The portal says it "must be submitted through AMCAS," but that does not make any sense to me.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how to submit the $50 fee for Shreveport's application? The portal says it "must be submitted through AMCAS," but that does not make any sense to me.
follow the prompts on the website. i read that and also thought it was strange… but i paid through their website some how.

OOS, RD, 4.0 GPA, and 507 MCAT - submitted secondary/complete on 7/30 and haven't gotten any updates

Interview invites for Ed went out this past week. wouldn't expect anything for rd until at least the latter half of September

Reactions: 1 users
I got an ED II. They only offered one day does this mean there aren’t as many ED applicants this year

Reactions: 1 users
hold up— theyre still doin ED II? Anyone get a RD II yet or know when those get sent?

RD here. I Finally got an email that my file is under active review. I received an email stating that my file was under preliminary review on Aug 1.

Anyone got a RD II yet other than HenryMcClavicle. I don’t see anybody posted here anything. If you have please post here.

September 27 that was the earliest date offered
Thank you for reply. I thought they will start RD interview after Oct.1st. If anybody has heard anything please share here that will help lot.

I was told during ED interview that they are meeting either the 26th or 27th to discuss ED applicants. Decisions will go out later that week and then RD will begin interviews! Good luck to everyone who interviewed for ED!

II received today! Scheduled for October 25th.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
IS RD II received this past Monday, scheduled for this upcoming Tuesday!

• Love