Madagascar WWildlife (A Basics Game!) - GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supershorty

Don't look so vexed, toots.
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
QCIR8ru1UtwZka7jwxaBi9GcYC56hbWrE7yGIxJk6UOkqb95jo_nPT_NbUsTWMIIGRFmSJZRNRnXAaMa7xQjdJlDsKyBsa7X18RDMuheqxlijxfhTnr-j7DG4f95LyGPxDQvM3Vu

“Millions of years ago, a chunk of land broke off from India and was set adrift in the Indian Ocean, floating to off the coast of Africa. It became an evolutionary haven, with thousands of unique animals and plants. The island is Madagascar, and it is here that our story begins.” Sir David Attenborough sighed and smiled fondly while gazing out the window at the spine of mountains looming in the distance. He was looking forward to narrating another wildlife documentary.

There was something so grounding about the simplicity of it - just hiking through the mountainous terrain, listening to the chattering of the wildlife. No crazy commute to worry about, no crowds of people to dodge walking to work, just himself and the basics needed for recording the documentary. It was a refresher he was craving after the chaos and uncertainty of the previous year, when he hadn’t been able to travel.

The wildlife began to stir as the early rays of sunlight broke through the clouds. It was time for another day to begin. Despite the laid-back nature and mora mora, laissez-faire attitude of many on the island, there was tension in the air. Recently, some of the wildlife endemic to the island had been mysteriously disappearing, and no one knew why. They were beginning to suspect that someone in their midst was responsible, but they would need to do some investigating to determine who wasn’t to be trusted. The situation was dire enough that even the nocturnal animals were willing to stay awake during the day time to discuss the recent events.

One thing was clear: someone was hunting animals, and it was up to them to figure out who.

Tongasoa (welcome) to Madagascar WWildlife, a basics game brought to you by @supershorty, @Dinashadow, and @kaydubs.

1. Voting will close at 9 PM EDT (8 PM CDT/6 PM PDT). Night will close at 9 AM EDT.
  2. Do not discuss the game outside of the thread or your role PM. PMing other players is not permitted.
  3. Players must make 5 content posts per cycle to avoid mod wrath. Naked yeet votes do not count as content posts.
  4. Dead players: please keep your on-thread posts to a minimum, and if you do post, please do so in ******stars******. Please do not react to strategy posts in the game once you are dead. Same goes for tots and subs - please do not react to strategy posts at all.
  5. Ties will be resolved through RNG. Anything can happen. Consider yourselves warned.
  6. Please do not quote, screenshot, or copy/paste from your mod PM. Please don’t fake quotes, screenshots, or copy/pastes from a mod PM either.
  7. Editing posts is permitted, but do not delete them. Remember to unvote if you are changing your vote. Votes must be formatted in bold or #########surrounded by octothorpes#########. Please make the mods’ lives easier by not hiding your vote in a wall of text. Please use the terms “vote” or “yeet” when placing your vote.
  8. Do not discuss or share night results before the night write-up is posted. Strategizing between vote closing and write up is permitted, including for the person voted out.
  9. If you require a sub due to unavoidable circumstances, please contact the mods in your role PM, and do not discuss it on the thread.
  10. Gifs are welcomed, and encouraged, but please hide them in spoiler tags. If you don’t know how to use spoilers, ask.
  11. Most importantly: this is a game and is meant to be fun. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Players resorting to personal attacks will get 1 warning from the mods; repeat behavior will result in a mod kill. NO EXCEPTIONS, AND NO SUBS FOR MODKILLED PLAYERS.
    1. Example of what is considered a personal attack: “Generic Player is a bad player and yeeting them will benefit all of us anyway regardless of their affiliation.”
    2. Example of what is not considered a personal attack: “Generic Player’s logic on this point is weak/unsubstantiated/wolfy/etc. and their play so far seems anti-village, we should yeet them."

Please wait to begin posting until we have reserved a post for the TOC.

16 players remain.

Players:
  1. @Animal Midwife
  2. @Stroganoff
  3. @alleycat03
  4. @Lawpy
  5. @samac
  6. @Viscernable
  7. @WildZoo
  8. @PippyPony
  9. @differentiating
  10. @BobLoblaw78
  11. @Aprilthearab
  12. @Zenge142
  13. @mkg323
  14. @vetmedhead
  15. @holdthemayo
  16. @genny

It is now Day 1. Vote/Yeet deadline is at 9pm EDT (8pm CDT/6pm fantasyland) on Saturday, 6/5/2021.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Table of Contents

Intro: Intro + Rules
Day 1: Most recent tally - page 8 @ 7:32pm CDT, 6/5/2021; Final tally; Write up
Night 1: Write up
Day 2: Most recent tally - page 15 @ 7:27pm CDT, 6/6/2021; Final tally; Write up
Night 2: Write up
Day 3: Most recent tally - page 26 @ 7:19pm CDT, 6/7/2021; Final tally; Write up
Night 3: Write up
Day 4: Most recent tally - page 32 @ 7:59pm CDT, 6/8/2021; Final tally; Write up
Night 4: Write up
Day 5: Most recent tally - page 36 @ 7:10PM CDT, 6/9/2021; Final tally; Write up
Night 5: Write up

Day 6: Most recent tally - page 38 @ 7:30PM CDT, 6/10/2021; Final tally; Write up

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
YEET Zenge

Gotta hit the road, I'll be back some time before close

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
I continued my research into the fauna of Madagascar yesterday and it did not disappoint :heckyeah:

Some of the wikipedia descriptions are ridiculous lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
vote stroganoff
Welcome back to ww!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
WOHOO WE’VE STARTED!! My WW withdrawal can finally come to an end

Yeet Vissy

• Wow
Vacances a Madagasikara Day 1 Yeet Tally

Zenge (2) - AM, April
AM (1) - mayo
April (1) - Pippy
Vissy (2) - Lawpy, alley
Stroganoff (1) - Vissy

7/16 voting
Missing: many
Ring Tailed Lemurs GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Vote closes at 9pm EDT (~10 hours)

• Love
Giving you all a heads up that I will be on a plane for most of tonight. Our first flight isn’t until 5:30 CDT, so I should have plenty of time to be active before then.

What does 2% Lawpy mean? Are you milk?
At least we’re not getting skim Lawpy. Whole would be nice though. Not sure I’m ready to see Heavy Whipping Lawpy.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
At least we meet not getting skim Lawpy. Whole would be nice though. Not sure I’m ready to see Heavy Whipping Lawpy.
****I don’t like drinking milk, but lactose free skim milk is the only “real” milk I’ll tolerate****

Heavy whipping Lawpy would be scary. Tinfoils in full force :eyebrow:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Zenge (3)
- AM, April, Dubz
AM (1) - mayo
April (1) - Pippy
Vissy (2) - Lawpy, alley
Stroganoff (1) - Vissy

8/16 voting
Missing: half

Vote closes at 9pm EDT (~8 hours 25 minutes)

• Love
How did I miss sign ups?‽??????????

Wow. Never saw the sign up thread either. I've been waiting for days and watching my notifications never was notified. This sucks.

Is there a sub chat? Anyone passionately want to be first dibs on sub?

Fml so hard.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
How did I miss sign ups?‽??????????
They were opened and closed really quickly because it filled up fast. Lawpy tagged everyone but you might have missed it since it was in the middle of the last game :sorry:

Zenge (3)
- AM, April, Dubz
AM (1) - mayo
April (1) - Pippy
Vissy (2) - Lawpy, alley
Stroganoff (1) - Vissy

8/16 voting
Missing: half

Vote closes at 9pm EDT (~8 hours 25 minutes)
Why are there 3 votes on zenges? Are they all based on the last game? @Animal Midwife @Aprilthearab @WildZoo

When Zenge is village, he’s a strong villager IMO. I don’t think it’s a good idea to yeet him day 1 based on salt.
Obviously that doesn’t mean much since my current vote is on Vis because of saltiness, but we have hours left until yeet.

I got a slight ping from Dubz’s posts but I don’t know what exactly rubbed me the wrong way. Otherwise, Lawpy sounds like his village meta but nothing else has stood out to me so far.

When Zenge is village, he’s a strong villager IMO. I don’t think it’s a good idea to yeet him day 1 based on salt.
Obviously that doesn’t mean much since my current vote is on Vis because of saltiness, but we have hours left until yeet.
Okay, but then why say this if you're aware it's a non-issue at this point?

Reactions: 4 users
@Zenge142 thoughts so far?
Not really. I was a little surprised Alley salted Vis instead of me, but I’m not complaining, and since I already had a couple I understand not necessarily wanting to pile on.

I’m wondering what your Vis vote is about. Salt?

Otherwise it’s been relatively quite, and mostly stuff that hasn’t pinged me. It’s early still.

Not really. I was a little surprised Alley salted Vis instead of me, but I’m not complaining, and since I already had a couple I understand not necessarily wanting to pile on.

I’m wondering what your Vis vote is about. Salt?

Otherwise it’s been relatively quite, and mostly stuff that hasn’t pinged me. It’s early still.
Weren't you and vissy both wolves last game? Mine is soft salt mixed with joke and random

Weren't you and vissy both wolves last game? Mine is soft salt mixed with joke and random
We were, but of the two of us I expected Alley to feel more betrayed by me since we were PM partners.

• Care
heeeellloooo everybody!

YEET MAYO

because that is not a pigeon

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Okay, but then why say this if you're aware it's a non-issue at this point?
Because so many piling on very early seemed wolfy. Like I get wanting to get the salt out, but since there’s little dialogue and vote switching thus far, I’m expressing that I don’t think Zenge is the right person to get a D1 yeet unless he does something actually wolfy