Maryland Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

thank you for you information

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
At this point its pretty hopeless for me with only secondary and no interview. No acceptance elsewere either. Stat: cgpa:3.7 dat 21; sigh guess soon to be non traditional applicant or reapplicant. I just apply early next cycle around hopefully that helps; To those waiting I wish you all the best of luck and be stronger............

At this point its pretty hopeless for me with only secondary and no interview. No acceptance elsewere either. Stat: cgpa:3.7 dat 21; sigh guess soon to be non traditional applicant or reapplicant. I just apply early next cycle around hopefully that helps; To those waiting I wish you all the best of luck and be stronger............
Keep your head up buddy we're all gonna get through this

Interviews are still happening and offers are still being made

It doesn't end until they tell us

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
i don't see a WAMC thread for you...

I know it’s hard, but don’t lose hope and stay positive the whole way through. I’m a re-applicant myself, and I can tell you personally, getting waitlisted at two schools and not getting off either one was one of the hardest things I had to accept. But I kept on improving my application throughout the year (Ex. Working and taking a few classes) and stayed active. You have good statistics, I promise you it’s gonna work out, just keep up what are you doing and don’t stop. Moreover, this current cycle is far from over too 🙏

Reactions: 4 users
I know it’s hard, but don’t lose hope and stay positive the whole way through. I’m a re-applicant myself, and I can tell you personally, getting waitlisted at two schools and not getting off either one was one of the hardest things I had to accept. But I kept on improving my application throughout the year (Ex. Working and taking a few classes) and stayed active. You have good statistics, I promise you it’s gonna work out, just keep up what are you doing and don’t stop. Moreover, this current cycle is far from over too 🙏
Regarding Maryalnd, I spoke to their admissions today. They said they are still trying to fill up seats, the Committee is still meeting. The group me says 96 people. I would estimate 93-100 (or more) students maybe currently accepted no one knows for sure (96 not 96 bc maybe some admins). There is 130 seats, as josh said we have to have high hopes, we done what we can its up to the committee now.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Thank you all for your kind words and support
Gotta stick together, this process is very grueling and overall stressful to go through alone, so always remember this is a safe place to be yourself at all times

This is what I need! Support. The application cycle indeed takes patient and all that, but if we focus on our daily tasks, I believe we are all going to make it at the end!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I m sorry, dont know what you mean by WAMC thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how full the class is?
not fully sure. Admissions cant release that info. The group-me shows 98. I would say roughly maybe 95-105 (taking into account possible admins if the group me is 100% accurate, and or the possibility some students havent joined it) people may be in. Admissions had said they wouldn't send a waitlist until class if full.

Hello everyone! Does anybody have any information on how long they continue to interview until? I cannot find anything on their website about the timeline.

Hello everyone! Does anybody have any information on how long they continue to interview until? I cannot find anything on their website about the timeline.
Some one already posted on 2023-2024 thread that they have concluded their II session for this admission cycle

Tried checking the group me to see what number the members are at and the link said it was invalid. We are working blind now, let’s keep our hopes high and be patient. Last time i saw it was at 98.

Tried checking the group me to see what number the members are at and the link said it was invalid. We are working blind now, let’s keep our hopes high and be patient. Last time i saw it was at 98.
The Facebook group is at 99 and has 2 admins, so is roughly the same as the groupme. Thats how I check to get an estimate.

This will only create even more anxiety. Checking the group count won’t give you an acceptance….

Just trust the process! Everything we end up how it’s supposed to

This will only create even more anxiety. Checking the group count won’t give you an acceptance….

Right lol. Also, I don't like "what are your stats", "Is waitlist alphabetical order", "What are the intervals for acceptance (time, date, etc)", and etc questions. Because its just assumption and its redundant. They'll get to you when they get to you!!

"What are your stats" questions are redundant because students with high and low stats can get into the same school.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Right lol. Also, I don't like "what are your stats", "Is waitlist alphabetical order", "What are the intervals for acceptance (time, date, etc)", and etc questions. Because its just assumption and its redundant. They'll get to you when they get to know!!

"What are your stats" questions are redundant because students with high and low stats can get into the same school.
We will never know how the their actual selection processes is. But I what i do heard from a dean is selection is based on all around candidates and waitlisted is like people waiting on the stairs for entrance. So they do rank people on waiting list and so on.....

The school might used software to rank candidates after the interview. Of course the ad com had to input your information and the software automatically placed a rank on the intervieweee

Oh 100% i just use it to gage possible available seats even though its not the best way to estimate

Right lol. Also, I don't like "what are your stats", "Is waitlist alphabetical order", "What are the intervals for acceptance (time, date, etc)", and etc questions. Because its just assumption and its redundant. They'll get to you when they get to know!!

yeah, the stats question is iffy, as it's not always bc of just stats. Everything and anything put on ur application plays a role.

Spoke to admission, all they can say is class are not full. Finalizing interviews, may or may not have another round of invites.

Reactions: 6 users
How many seats in total?
130. Keep in mind though, from what I was told by a friend in this situation, March 12 is the deadline for pre-dental students who have been accepted and committed to more than one school to give a final answer, so there’s definitely going to be some movement after that day passes

Last edited:
130. Keep in mind though, March 12 is the deadline for pre-dental students who have been accepted and committed to more than one school to give a final answer, so there’s definitely going to be some movement after that day passes
no, it's not
the earliest is march 20...

From another university that I applied to they mentioned that around March 18 (the earliest) they would send out. So for schools that follow it that schedule it looks like it may be around those days. Now Maryland is random we got to wait for our turn, and that’s if we are chosen ofc.
130. Keep in mind though, March 12 is the deadline for pre-dental students who have been accepted and committed to more than one school to give a final answer, so there’s definitely going to be some movement after that day passes

All I know is that from March 1-15 people with multiple acceptances have to choose one. I think Macsack also spoke about it. So for Maryland, they may drop seats as this school does offer better financials than other out of states. I’m not sure how much movement there will be, but having said that to fill up 29 spots isn’t a little number either there is very good chances for a lot of us. Now it’s up to the committee.

• Care
All I know is that from March 1-15 people with multiple acceptances have to choose one. I think Macsack also spoke about it. So for Maryland, they may drop seats as this school does offer better financials than other out of states. I’m not sure how much movement there will be, but having said that to fill up 29 spots isn’t a little number either there is very good chances for a lot of us. Now it’s up to the committee.
any school would be foolish to have more than a few seats open right now, much less 25% of the class...

no, it's not
the earliest is march 20...
Do you have that date written down? Only reason I did March 12 is cause of my friends got accepted into two schools and told me her deadline was then, so just getting the word from her. Again it could vary school to school

any school would be foolish to have more than a few seats open right now, much less 25% of the class...
Maybe, but I don’t think that’s always the case Mac, Ostrow continues interviews all the way until April so it’s really school by school

anyone else interviewed in october and hasn’t heard back yet??

Maybe, but I don’t think that’s always the case Mac, Ostrow continues interviews all the way until April so it’s really school by school
expensive private schools are the exception, they interview and accept into the spring and summer
publics and cheaper privates are different...

Do you have that date written down? Only reason I did March 12 is cause of my friends got accepted into two schools and told me her deadline was then, so just getting the word from her. Again it could vary school to school
yes, it's in writing on the ADEA website
i have a whole thread on it, and i have posted the direct quote in the last 24 hours...

yes, it's in writing on the ADEA website
i have a whole thread on it, and i have posted the direct quote in the last 24 hours...
Then I apologize for my ignorance, appreciate the help

Last edited:
your friend's schools are actually in violation of the ADEA traffic rules...

ADEA traffic rules- what happens march 1, and what to expect in mid march

Applicants Holding Positions at Multiple Institutions. Dental schools participating in ADEA AADSAS will report to ADEA AADSAS by March 1 the names of candidates who hold a position in their entering class. After March 5, ADEA AADSAS will report to each institution the names of candidates in...
forums.studentdoctor.net
forums.studentdoctor.net

Applicants Holding Positions at Multiple Institutions. Dental schools participating in ADEA AADSAS will report to ADEA AADSAS by March 1 the names of candidates who hold a position in their entering class. After March 5, ADEA AADSAS will report to each institution the names of candidates in their entering class who are holding acceptance(s) at additional institutions. (Only names are reported with no other additional information.) The process for candidates holding multiple positions is as follows:
a. Dental schools with candidates holding multiple positions on March 1 of the year of admission will contact such candidates and give them a minimum 15-day notice to affirm their position in the class or to withdraw their position.
b. If the candidate does not respond within the allotted notification time frame, the dental school may choose to withdraw the candidate from the entering class.
c. Notification times may be shortened after April 15.
d. Dental schools will have the option of rescinding an offer of admission to candidates who are holding positions at multiple institutions.

• Care