MCPHS interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for everyone that was impressed with the school, what were you impressed by?

I have only seen worcester, so I have nothing to compare it to, but is no one bothered by the fact that its so small? everything is like on the same block. I know its good in terms of traveling and saving time, but...I'm in a big university right now and I like talking walks to class and seeing lots of people and knowing that I don't know every person on campus...

what do you all think? ;)

Members don't see this ad.

for everyone that was impressed with the school, what were you impressed by?

I have only seen worcester, so I have nothing to compare it to, but is no one bothered by the fact that its so small? everything is like on the same block. I know its good in terms of traveling and saving time, but...I'm in a big university right now and I like talking walks to class and seeing lots of people and knowing that I don't know every person on campus...

what do you all think? ;)

I don't know maybe I was impressed because I go to a public school where everything is not as nice as in a private school...

I go to a state university and Im happy with the way it is here...
maybe im just being nostalgic because Im graduating! :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone..

Is it possible that MCPHS lost my lors because my teachers sent them in a month ago and i got a letter saying that they still needed them.

Hey everyone..

Is it possible that MCPHS lost my lors because my teachers sent them in a month ago and i got a letter saying that they still needed them.

Probably.. but the best is to call the Registrar's and ask. They might have received but not processed them.

My interview today was nice, however I really have no clue as to what the final decision letter might say.

My only worry is that I did not ask enough questions. My interviewer talked for like 30 minutes while I talked for no more than 10-15 O_O!! In fact, these are ALL the questions she asked me over the span of 45 minutes:

1) How was your flight?
2) Where are you staying at?
3) Do you have any questions before we begin?
4) Why pharmacy? What brought you to this career?
5) Do you have any other questions?

5 questions in 45 minutes, and only one REAL interview question... :eek:... not sure what to make of that. Actually I did ask many questions, mostly during my tour (which was part of the 45 minutes), but I don't know... the outcome is too unclear. My interviewer was extremely friendly though, and she really emphasized to me the stress, tough curriculum, what acceleration means, pharmacotherapeutics, student attrition, and the absolute importance of time management. I also got a glimpse of the holy-mother-of-God-UBER-THICK therapeutics book, where my interviewer just told me that self-learning is expected during P2 and that students should not expect to be spoon-fed everything. See, these are all potential answers to questions that I was SUPPOSED to ask. However, my interviewer literally just shared all of that without me asking! I was also hesitant to interrupt her while she talked. Err, oh wells! Despite my worrying, I have no regrets. I had a wonderful time, and acceptance or not, I am happy because I did my very best.

My interview today was nice, however I really have no clue as to what the final decision letter might say.

My only worry is that I did not ask enough questions. My interviewer talked for like 30 minutes while I talked for no more than 10-15 O_O!! In fact, these are ALL the questions she asked me over the span of 45 minutes:

1) How was your flight?
2) Where are you staying at?
3) Do you have any questions before we begin?
4) Why pharmacy? What brought you to this career?
5) Do you have any other questions?

5 questions in 45 minutes, and only one REAL interview question... :eek:... not sure what to make of that. Actually I did ask many questions, mostly during my tour (which was part of the 45 minutes), but I don't know... the outcome is too unclear. My interviewer was extremely friendly though, and she really emphasized to me the stress, tough curriculum, what acceleration means, pharmacotherapeutics, student attrition, and the absolute importance of time management. I also got a glimpse of the holy-mother-of-God-UBER-THICK therapeutics book, where my interviewer just told me that self-learning is expected during P2 and that students should not expect to be spoon-fed everything. See, these are all potential answers to questions that I was SUPPOSED to ask. However, my interviewer literally just shared all of that without me asking! I was also hesitant to interrupt her while she talked. Err, oh wells! Despite my worrying, I have no regrets. I had a wonderful time, and acceptance or not, I am happy because I did my very best.

don't worry, I think those are the most important Qs that almost everyone asks or the current students have problems with, so they want to address those issues before you are actually enrolled... lol.. btw who was ur interviewer? what time did u get interviewed again? did she take you to one of the auditoriums/classrooms? i think i might have seen you there..

Personal Interview Agenda
8:50am to 9:20am :: Sample essay writing assignment (30 minutes)
9:20am to 10:05am :: Break session in the Office of Admissions
10:05am to 10:50am :: Interview (including the tour of the campus) and adjourn

My interview was conducted by Dr. Anna K. Morin. The original interview time was to start at 9:30am, but there was some sort of major pharmacist meeting held in Las Vegas or something, so I was told the administration was short-staffed and busier than normal. I was informed right after I completed my writing sample that my interviewer would be 30 minutes late, so I ended up having an extended break where I just hung around in the Office of Admissions. Small talk with the lady at the front desk was initiated, because I had no idea if she was part of the admissions committee or not! While it was great and all, I hope she isn’t, because 45 minutes worth of small talk was hard to maintain, and it slowly died down like 20-25 minutes into break (ahh!!). A prospective student with a load of questions came in shortly after though, so I was saved from the potential danger of silence.

ANYWAYS. Kind of went off a tangent there, my bads :laugh:. Dr. Morin came in at 10:05am, so my tour + interview was from 10:05am - 10:50am. She did take me into one of the lecture rooms. She actually wanted to take me into both, but the moment she opened the door to the other one, she apologized to the professor and closed it because class was in session (the door led to the front-right side of the room). I THINK P1s were in that room. P2s were taking a short break so I was able to look into that room. It might have been the other way around though--I don't remember exactly which was which when Dr. Morin told me.

I'm not sure if you saw me. I do know that there was another interviewee after me, and she probably toured the campus sometime between 11:00am-12:30pm or so. Maybe you did see me though. I am an Asian guy. 21 years old and medium short hair.

My interview was conducted by Dr. Anna K. Morin. The original interview time was to start at 9:30am, but there was some sort of major pharmacist meeting held in Las Vegas or something, so I was told the administration was short-staffed and busier than normal. I was informed right after I completed my writing sample that my interviewer would be 30 minutes late, so I ended up having an extended break where I just hung around in the Office of Admissions. Small talk with the lady at the front desk was initiated, because I had no idea if she was part of the admissions committee or not! While it was great and all, I hope she isn’t, because 45 minutes worth of small talk was hard to maintain, and it slowly died down like 20-25 minutes into break (ahh!!). A prospective student with a load of questions came in shortly after though, so I was saved from the potential danger of silence.

ANYWAYS. Kind of went off a tangent there, my bads :laugh:. Dr. Morin came in at 10:05am, so my tour + interview was from 10:05am - 10:50am. She did take me into one of the lecture rooms. She actually wanted to take me into both, but the moment she opened the door to the other one, she apologized to the professor and closed it because class was in session (the door led to the front-right side of the room). I THINK P1s were in that room. P2s were taking a short break so I was able to look into that room. It might have been the other way around though--I don't remember exactly which was which when Dr. Morin told me.

I'm not sure if you saw me. I do know that there was another interviewee after me, and she probably toured the campus sometime between 11:00am-12:30pm or so. Maybe you did see me though. I am an Asian guy. 21 years old and medium short hair.

yea.. u came into our room, about 10:20 or so.. we were having a break and the professor was from Manchester, right?

Ehhhh tohhh... wow now I wish I knew which white coat was you... LOL. I didn't know Dr. Morin is from the Manchester campus. I just know that she had her own office in the 19 Foster building and that she's interested in Psychiatry and Women's Health.

Ehhhh tohhh... wow now I wish I knew which white coat was you... LOL. I didn't know Dr. Morin is from the Manchester campus. I just know that she had her own office in the 19 Foster building and that she's interested in Psychiatry and Women's Health.

o.. i'm not talking abt Dr Morin.. i was talking abt the professor from the class u walked into.. our professor.. which would be your professor too if you come here... hehe

o.. i'm not talking abt Dr Morin.. i was talking abt the professor from the class u walked into.. our professor.. which would be your professor too if you come here... hehe

Oh! Yea the professor was teaching DE from Manchester. I heard that you guys get all the slides from lecture ahead of time. Is that right? I recall seeing that one slide up on the big screen, and it'd be very convenient if students could obtain copies of the lecture slides ahead of time.

Oh! Yea the professor was teaching DE from Manchester. I heard that you guys get all the slides from lecture ahead of time. Is that right? I recall seeing that one slide up on the big screen, and it'd be very convenient if students could obtain copies of the lecture slides ahead of time.

yea we do. There's an option to buy the whole semester's course packets ahead of time.. it's abt $75 i think for all classes. The classes that don't have course packets available, such as Intro to pharmaceutical care, they post them online a couple days before class and you can go print it in the library or something, or they give you the powerpoints before class starts. All in all, you don't have to take notes like we used to do in undergrad, at least not for 1st semester lol...

Members don't see this ad :)
All in all, you don't have to take notes like we used to do in undergrad, at least not for 1st semester lol...
:laugh::laugh:. Hmm, good note-taking is not my forte. I usually just bring in the slides/book and circle like mad whatever the professor is talking about. Scribbling lines and circles is my forte :thumbdown:. Whoop.

LOL I was interviewing that day too..maybe you saw me? I wrote my essay about 10:20ish.. the administration ladies told me that another guy from the bay area went right before me :laugh: good luck:luck::luck:

Wow so it was youuuu! When my interview ended, the lady at the front desk told me that there was a girl from around the bay area writing her essay. DANG. I should have stayed a little longer so I could see you haha. What a small world! Even more coindadink since we PMed each other earlier :laugh:.

I just got back to the bay area from Boston. Seriously, I thought that I was going to DIE today. I never knew I was sooooo scared of flying, but man today's turbulence was absolutely INSANE. Everyone sitting around me was praying and stuff (I was too even though I'm not really religious). While I liked MCPHS-Worcester and all, this plane ride really dropped my want to go out of state :scared::eek:

i got back on sat. night.. i tried to sleep but the turbulence kept bouncing me around:scared:! i spent sat. looking around boston and i was freezing!! omg i'm glad i left before the snow came (the news said it was suppose to come sat night/sun?) .. next time i come to the east coast i'll be more prepared (ie. my snowboarding clothes LOL):laugh:

Wow so it was youuuu! When my interview ended, the lady at the front desk told me that there was a girl from around the bay area writing her essay. DANG. I should have stayed a little longer so I could see you haha. What a small world! Even more coindadink since we PMed each other earlier :laugh:.

I just got back to the bay area from Boston. Seriously, I thought that I was going to DIE today. I never knew I was sooooo scared of flying, but man today's turbulence was absolutely INSANE. Everyone sitting around me was praying and stuff (I was too even though I'm not really religious). While I liked MCPHS-Worcester and all, this plane ride really dropped my want to go out of state :scared::eek:

Hey greatdeals, maybe you can shed some light on this. I am filling out my deposit form for MCPHS and it asks me for the name of my local newspaper. Do you know why they want to know?

Hey greatdeals, maybe you can shed some light on this. I am filling out my deposit form for MCPHS and it asks me for the name of my local newspaper. Do you know why they want to know?

i have never seen that.. or don't recall.. hmm.. maybe it's for. if you end up on the Dean's List?? let me know if you find out! haha.... quite interesting.. i don't think i had to do that..maybe other P1's or P2's have heard of it

I am kind of in limbo, I am greatful to God that Worcester didn't just flat out reject me, but I am also kind of dissapointed that they put me on their waitlist. Do you guys still think I have a shot?

I am kind of in limbo, I am greatful to God that Worcester didn't just flat out reject me, but I am also kind of dissapointed that they put me on their waitlist. Do you guys still think I have a shot?

Since we're only in the beginning of December, they still conduct interviews way until February or even later... so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I got waitlisted too, what are your stats if you don't mind...

Well I know that my stats are somewhat on the low end, so that is why I am just thankful to God that I wasn't flat out rejected. My prepharm GPA is a 3.12 and my math & science GPA is 3.18...what are yours?

Well I know that my stats are somewhat on the low end, so that is why I am just thankful to God that I wasn't flat out rejected. My prepharm GPA is a 3.12 and my math & science GPA is 3.18...what are yours?

How did your interview go? Will they tell u why you are waitlisted?

Anyone interviewing there next week(11th/12th) or 1st week of January? Still debating...

Mine were something like this...
GPA 3.6
sGPA 3.3 or so... (I don't remember what they calculated exactly)
I have 3.5 years pharmacy tech experience
BS in Biomedical Science in the Spring
I am missing two pre-requisites: Microbiology and Social Science course

Well I am kind of glad that they waitlisted me... otherwise I would have had to pay the deposit... with MCPHS not being my number one choice I probably would have lost the money... since I received interviews at my top choice schools recently.

No they did not tell us why they waitlisted us... I called the lady to ask what number I was on the waitlist and she told me that they don't do it that way. Instead they just put us on hold. So basically if in the end of the application cycle they receive better candidates than us they will reject us. She told me that we will be notified in February.

I wonder if they actually reject people at this time... seems like the people they don't like they put on the waitlist. Can anyone confirm otherwise?

GPA 3.6

Well I am kind of glad that they waitlisted me... otherwise I would have had to pay the deposit... with MCPHS not being my number one choice I probably would have lost the money... since I received interviews at my top choice schools recently.

No they did not tell us why they waitlisted us... I called the lady to ask what number I was on the waitlist and she told me that they don't do it that way. Instead they just put us on hold. So basically if in the end of the application cycle they receive better candidates than us they will reject us. She told me that we will be notified in February.

I wonder if they actually reject people at this time... seems like the people they don't like they put on the waitlist. Can anyone confirm otherwise?

I think that throughout the beginning of the interview cycle, which is september until new year, they are somewhat on reserve as to which people they accept, as to towards the end of the cycle (january - March) they will more actively either accept or reject. Putting you on the waiting list might put you as "average". I think at the beginning, rejections would only go out to the ones that performed poorly during interviews, and the ones that did well, but grades are not as pleasing to them, then they put them on the waiting list. I think that's still better than applying later and getting an interview then, because they can easily compare you to the ones on the 'waiting list' which would make you more competitive if your grades are a bit on the lower side of the scale.

Hey Guys,

I am from out of state and would like to know where MCPHS-worcester ranks relative to other east-coast Pharmacy Programs?

It is a prestigious college?

Thank You =)

Hey Guys,

I am from out of state and would like to know where MCPHS-worcester ranks relative to other east-coast Pharmacy Programs?

It is a prestigious college?

Thank You =)

Assuming that a prestigious college is a program w/ a lot of researches going on, high rank and well-known professors...

MCP-W is not a prestigious college at all. I think no pharmacy school in MA is prestigious. MCP-W will give you an ok-education and you will be able to sit for NAPLEX.

If you need something else such as research experience or name value, go to different school.

GPA 3.6

No, I don't think that they put eveyone on the waiting list, I remember reading in another thread that someone had been rejected for this cycle.

For anyone attending MCPW right now, how is the school in actuality? I work with very intelligent people who graduated from there, and they say all the school wants is your money and it really isn't that great of a program. I always that of the school as one of the top-ranked pharmacy programs, which is why I applied. I hope I made the right decision, because it is not going to be fun if I am not enjoying myself for 3 years! Is the class as a whole pretty close and work collaboratively on things? I went to a small college before that had a close-knit atmosphere, so I was hoping MCP would be the same.

For anyone attending MCPW right now, how is the school in actuality? I work with very intelligent people who graduated from there, and they say all the school wants is your money and it really isn't that great of a program. I always that of the school as one of the top-ranked pharmacy programs, which is why I applied. I hope I made the right decision, because it is not going to be fun if I am not enjoying myself for 3 years! Is the class as a whole pretty close and work collaboratively on things? I went to a small college before that had a close-knit atmosphere, so I was hoping MCP would be the same.

This is P2.

Again, MCP-W is NOT a top school but will give you a decent education and you will be able to sit for naplex. If you need anything else such as research experience or name value, go to different school.

3 year program is more stressful than 4 year program and MCP-W's program is very stressful. However, you will be done one year earlier so the decision is up to you.

I am not satisfied with this school but I don't have much complain either. I liked the first year and even though I don't like the way they conduct the therapeutic course, I am learning a lot right now.

Lastly, if I were to choose school again, I would still come to this school. (I was accepted by 3 schools by the way.)

Don't get discouraged by other people! Just know your goal and stick to it. School is just a vehicle! You will get what you put in.

Hello,

I applied to MCPHS worcester for the Pharm D. program about a month ago and I sent in all my materials, except for one outstanding recomendation letter from a professor. She recently told me that she mailed out my letter about a week ago. I am currently a junior at UMass Boston, pursuing a degree in health science. Not a lot of people take a health science major seriously, but it definately has opened my eyes to the healthcare industry nd health promotion/principles. About MCPHS, I'm just worried about my grades, I got a C and a C+ in orgo I & II, my cum prepharm gpa is a 3.30, and I have not taken a math/science elective. Now I know how competitive acceptance is into the program, but whenever I call the school and inquire, they give me a vague answer. I have worked as a tech at Osco Pharmacy for about 3 years and my manager wrote a recomendation letter for me. I'm just getting a little nervous about my chances of getting into the program. I have read other people's posts and it seems that everyone is very smart. I just feel I may not be up to those standards. Anyone have any advice??

Thanks

Hello,

I applied to MCPHS worcester for the Pharm D. program about a month ago and I sent in all my materials, except for one outstanding recomendation letter from a professor. She recently told me that she mailed out my letter about a week ago. I am currently a junior at UMass Boston, pursuing a degree in health science. Not a lot of people take a health science major seriously, but it definately has opened my eyes to the healthcare industry nd health promotion/principles. About MCPHS, I'm just worried about my grades, I got a C and a C+ in orgo I & II, my cum prepharm gpa is a 3.30, and I have not taken a math/science elective. Now I know how competitive acceptance is into the program, but whenever I call the school and inquire, they give me a vague answer. I have worked as a tech at Osco Pharmacy for about 3 years and my manager wrote a recomendation letter for me. I'm just getting a little nervous about my chances of getting into the program. I have read other people's posts and it seems that everyone is very smart. I just feel I may not be up to those standards. Anyone have any advice??

Thanks

I don't think they necessarily base acceptance on just 2 classes. I had B- in Anatomy & Physiology and I still got in :p

Your tech experience will definitely help you tremendously, as well as the fact you applied early. Keep us updated and good luck~

I just got accepted to worcester today:p

Since I know ppl will ask:
Mailed my app: 11/6
Interview Invite: 12/03
Interview: 12/12
Acceptance received: 12/21

Interview went really well & people(esp. Denise) are super nice!
I can't discuss specifics of the interview b/c I signed an agreement not to..check out the interview feedback forum and that should suffice...

The only thing that worries me about moving there is that it's kinda ghetto & of course right when I get there I hear on the news that a lady was assaulted at the T stop in Boston. Other than the train issue, I'm elated :D

anyone know how far away the train station is from campus?

congrats on acceptances everyone!

I would say about 6 minute walk from the school. I live in GA and took amtrak to Boston to get to the airport. I think the whole ride took about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Not bad though.

anyone know how far away the train station is from campus?

congrats on acceptances everyone!

Hey guys i had my interview on thursday and officially got accepted today whooohooo :) thanks to whoever helped me on here

Hey guys

I was wondering if there is any female who is goinng to be attending mcphs worcester next fall that needs or wants a roomate for next fallif so you can pm me

is it too late to apply to MCPHS pharmacy school boston?

people have been getting interviews for months now, i dont know if its worth paying for the application.

is it too late to apply to MCPHS pharmacy school boston?

people have been getting interviews for months now, i dont know if its worth paying for the application.

I think I remember seeing an email in my inbox saying that the Pharmcas deadline for MCPHS-Boston is Feb. 1st. I cannot tell you anything more since I did not apply there and this is a thread for MCPHS-Worcester. If the deadline has not passsed, I would say go for it!

Hey guys, does anyone have an interview invite for feb 1st in mcphs-boston...i hope to find someone i can relate with. Goodluck every1

Do you guys have an idea if MCPHS boston require that you write an essay during your interview too? I am just nervous because this is my first ever pharm school interview.

When I had my interview in 2006, we did have to write an essay. I am not sure if this aspect has been changed.

good luck!

I just had my interview today but i omitted one interview crucial question and it created a great deal of concern for me. I am starting to think that they might not consider me even after the interview but i can only hope. What do you guys think? Are my chances slim since they only consider 25 applicants

I just had my interview today but i omitted one interview crucial question and it created a great deal of concern for me. I am starting to think that they might not consider me even after the interview but i can only hope. What do you guys think? Are my chances slim since they only consider 25 applicants

Is this the Boston campus you are referring to? You mentioned that they only consider 25 applicants, which seem kind of low because 2 years ago, they accepted 50 transfers.
Anyways, regardless of the school, it really depends on which question you omitted and what was the context for not answering this question, and what you gave as the reason. Or were you simply too nervous and forgot to give an answer? If it was a really crucial question - like why pharmacy - and you didn't make a mention of it, then the interviewer should have alluded to this.

I apply to the Boston campus through pharmcas. I sent in my application like month and they still haven't send it yet. I think they will send it soon since the deadline is today. Anyone heard back from Boston?

Nevermind, some posters above me did heard back from Boston. When did you guys send in your application? How long did it take pharmcas to send your application and how long afterward did you hear from Boston? Thanks!

, which date u have selected? i have on 13th feb and i heard tht the give admission to all students who are invited, actuallly thts a formality and based upon ur gpa they invite 200 students because some students will not select mcphs even after selected so don't worry.

Hi,

I just got an interview for MCPHS-Worcester today and after reading all the previous threads I'm so scared. I hope I get into this school b/c i really want to go to school in MA. I hate the 'south'; I been here too long (NC).

congrats to people who got accepted.