Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have any current MHS students interviewed/and or been accepted to MD yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yall...I'm a little hesitant about writing the staement of purpose. Any tips/advice?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone successfully apply using interfolio letters

Is everyone else checking their emails constantly waiting for a response or update? I feel like I’m going crazy lol

Reactions: 1 users
Is everyone else checking their emails constantly waiting for a response or update? I feel like I’m going crazy lol
They are still solidifying the MD class, so it's going to be a minute before they get to yall

I just received a response to my application. I hope you guys also hear back soon!

Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted this morning! Anyone else?

Reactions: 11 users
Whew. I feel some kinda way. I applied in January!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats! When did you apply?
Thank you! I applied mid-March as well. Something tells me that with everything going on with COVID-19, they are sending out notification s in small waves. Last year's class didn't hear back until mid-June

Did the application even prompt us to send our transcripts? I can’t remember them asking. Anybody have an email where we can send them?

Did the application even prompt us to send our transcripts? I can’t remember them asking. Anybody have an email where we can send them?
First, huge congrats to all accepted!!!
Yeah, I was curious about this as well. I read somewhere in last years forum that transcripts were requested once granted acceptance, so now I'm curious to know how applicants are reviewed. Were any of the accepted applicants invited to apply? If so, maybe their stats were readily available to the admissions committee though amcas... idk

Yeah, I was curious about this as well. I read somewhere in last years forum that transcripts were requested once granted acceptance, so now I'm curious to know how applicants are reviewed. Were any of the accepted applicants invited to apply? If so, maybe their stats were readily available to the admissions committee though amcas... idk
I was invited to apply. Due to COVID-19, I was asked to send in my unofficial transcripts and test scores. So, I sent my amcas and unofficial transcripts

I can only assume this is the case to be honest and resending transcripts is only some sort or formality. How else can you evaluate a candidate and more importantly what was the point of opening up the MHS app to everyone in the first place then? As someone who applied to their MD and did a secondary, but didn’t receive an R or invite the “no news is good news” is starting to look like bad news. Buckle up these next few months, Meharry driving and we riding blindfold.

I can only assume this is the case to be honest and resending transcripts is only some sort or formality. How else can you evaluate a candidate and more importantly what was the point of opening up the MHS app to everyone in the first place then? As someone who applied to their MD and did a secondary, but didn’t receive an R or invite the “no news is good news” is starting to look like bad news. Buckle up these next few months, Meharry driving and we riding blindfold.
You have to remember that the deadline to submit you applications is tomorrow, May 13. They aren't done looking at applications. They probably received a bunch of submissions in the last week. It's not over.

Congrats to who got accepted! But I had a question, did you all apply to either the medical or dental program? And did you have to send your official transcripts. If so, to what email should It be addressed.

You have to remember that the deadline to submit you applications is tomorrow, May 13. They aren't done looking at applications. They probably received a bunch of submissions in the last week. It's not over.
Agreed, we'll see alot of movement from them hopefully in the upcoming week. Big congrats on the acceptance as well, well deserved I'm sure!

If we applied in December should we assume we’re not accepted then?
No. You should assume they aren't done looking at applications yet. Deadline is tomorrow. They had to do the admissions process from home.