Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No. You should assume they aren't done looking at applications yet. Deadline is tomorrow. They had to do the admissions process from home.
Okay, thank you! I wonder why they still aren’t going in order though. Maybe they lost the order when they changed to at home? Fingers crossed, though!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to who got accepted! But I had a question, did you all apply to either the medical or dental program? And did you have to send your official transcripts. If so, to what email should It be addressed.
I applied and was accepted into the MD side of the program

Members don't see this ad :)
Are we required to undergo the interview process to be considered for admission upon meeting the gpa and mcat requirements? Or is it direct matriculation?

I was invited to apply. I used the meharry emails.

When did you get invited and when did you submit?

I didn’t do the Meharry emails, I just asked my letter writers to upload tot the site .. I wonder if that matters

When did you get invited and when did you submit?

I didn’t do the Meharry emails, I just asked my letter writers to upload tot the site .. I wonder if that matters
I received 2 invitations one in January and another in February. I submitted mid-March, in early April I received an email asking for unofficial transcripts and test scores, received an acceptance letter a couple of days ago.

I received 2 invitations one in January and another in February. I submitted mid-March, in early April I received an email asking for unofficial transcripts and test scores, received an acceptance letter a couple of days ago.

Okay, I got invited 4/21 and submitted 4/28. My final rec letter got uploaded today. So hopefully I’ll hear back soon and we’ll see each other! Congrats again!

Hey guys, I just got an email asking me to send my transcripts. Is this a good sign? Also did anyone send in their MCAT score?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

1. I received 2 invitations one in January and another in February. I submitted mid-March, in early April I received an email asking for unofficial transcripts and test scores, received an acceptance letter a couple of days ago.
    When they requested your transcripts, did you email it?

Members don't see this ad :)
No o graduated in 2018. But do they want unofficial?

I believe so since universities are closed. Give them a call at 6143276998. It’s google voice because people are working from home. Thankfully they picked up the first time I called.

No o graduated in 2018. But do they want unofficial?

Definitely unofficial. I emailed them back and they told me to attach it to the email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, I just got an email asking me to send my transcripts. Is this a good sign? Also did anyone send in their MCAT score?

I sent in my unofficial transcripts and my amcas for my MCAT scores

Definitely unofficial. I emailed them back and they told me to attach it to the email.

What email did you use ? Thank you so much because I was freaking out

What email did you use ? Thank you so much because I was freaking out

[email protected]

You’re welcome. Respond to them directly via the email they sent you requesting the transcripts. That’s what I did.

Did you send an unofficial Mcat score?

What is interfolio and is it free? My recommenders haven't submitted their letters yet, do you think that will cause a delay in the reading of my application? Also I thought I already sent in my MCAT score, is there another way I should have sent it in?

i just put in my score on the application. How else are we suppose to send it?

When you view your scores from aamc, click on my score report & there will be a drop down menu. Then click on print report and you should be able to save it as a pdf.

When you view your scores from aamc, click on my score report & there will be a drop down menu. Then click on print report and you should be able to save it as a pdf.

Thank you!!!

I just emailed all my information. Hopefully I’ll hear back soon

Hi everyone. I’ve been reading this thread for a while now without an account and I thought you’d like to hear my process to help clarify some things. I got accepted into this MHS program Monday morning.

August 2019 - Applied to Meharry’s Medical school through AMCAS

October 2019 - Received rejection letter to Meharry’s Medical school

October 2019-February 2020 - Received invitations to apply to the MHS program (I was dragging my feet waiting to see if I got into a med school lol)

End of March 2020 - I submitted my completed application. They said the priority deadline was April 1 so I made sure to get it in before then.

I also emailed my unofficial transcripts and MCAT score to a lady named Shelita McIntosh. My friend who is also applying to the program received an email from her asking to send MCAT scores and unofficial transcripts. I didn’t get an email from her so I was just proactive and sent her mine.

May 2020 - I got an email acceptance. I think all the admissions emails are being redirected to Shelita due to Corona, because when I replied to the email to accept it went to her instead of the admission email for Meharry.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone receive an "Application Checklist-Materials Needed e mail? "wondering if that is a sign you've been lowkey rejected because they didn't directly ask for your transcript?

Hi everyone. I’ve been reading this thread for a while now without an account and I thought you’d like to hear my process to help clarify some things. I got accepted into this MHS program Monday morning.

August 2019 - Applied to Meharry’s Medical school through AMCAS

October 2019 - Received rejection letter to Meharry’s Medical school

October 2019-February 2020 - Received invitations to apply to the MHS program (I was dragging my feet waiting to see if I got into a med school lol)

End of March 2020 - I submitted my completed application. They said the priority deadline was April 1 so I made sure to get it in before then.

I also emailed my unofficial transcripts and MCAT score to a lady named Shelita McIntosh. My friend who is also applying to the program received an email from her asking to send MCAT scores and unofficial transcripts. I didn’t get an email from her so I was just proactive and sent her mine.

May 2020 - I got an email acceptance. I think all the admissions emails are being redirected to Shelita due to Corona, because when I replied to the email to accept it went to her instead of the admission email for Meharry.

Hope that helps!
My time from submission to acceptance was almost 2 months to the day. If I am correct, everyone who isn't accepted is then put on a waitlist.

Anyone receive an "Application Checklist-Materials Needed e mail? "wondering if that is a sign you've been lowkey rejected because they didn't directly ask for your transcript?
Or it may just mean they need certain materials since the deadline was yesterday. Unless they tell you that you have been rejected, don't assume. It will only get your anxiety and blood pressure up.

Last edited:
They also said those submitted in December would get priority though so why haven’t people who applied December 2019 heard anything but those who applied in March 2020 have?

They also said those submitted in December would get priority though so why haven’t people who applied December 2019 heard anything but those who applied in March 2020 have?
I submitted by the December 2019 priority deadline and was accepted this past Monday morning.

Has anyone been accepted on any day other than this Monday?

I have no clue why they have multiple priority deadlines. I submitted my app in December and I recently resent transcripts and MCAT score. It seems like the tornado and COVID-19 set them back (I'm guessing)

I have no clue why they have multiple priority deadlines. I submitted my app in December and I recently resent transcripts and MCAT score. It seems like the tornado and COVID-19 set them back (I'm guessing)
When you received your invitation, what priority deadline did they give you?

Oh nevermind then. Now I’m definitely scared lol
Don't be. Anything can happen. Keep the FAITH. When they resent the same email in February, I was like oooooh why did they resend this when I already applied in November. So keep the FAITH.

For those who have been accepted, did they mention if the classes would be online or would the classes be on campus? If I remember correctly, the program is suppose to start in August.

For those who have been accepted, did they mention if the classes would be online or would the classes be on campus? If I remember correctly, the program is suppose to start in August.
No word on that yet on my end.

I haven't received anything yet either. Were you given two different due dates for the deposit?

The deadline was January 1st and I submitted early December (I believe).
Yes, my invitation had the same deadline. But I also got emailed when they sent out the other deadline even though I had already submitted my application.