Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Don't be. Anything can happen. Keep the FAITH. When they resent the same email in February, I was like oooooh why did they resend this when I already applied in November. So keep the FAITH.
Thank you for the encouragement!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Everybody who applied on the MD side, since we know Meharry is notorious for their last minute lifestyle lol do y’all have back up plans?

Reactions: 1 users
Everybody who applied on the MD side, since we know Meharry is notorious for their last minute lifestyle lol do y’all have back up plans?

Yes. I have another school but I also started looking at apartments in Nashville just incase I have to hit the ground running.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Does anyone know if you are supposed to submit your AMCAS concurrent to being in the program?

I haven't received anything yet either. Were you given two different due dates for the deposit?
I haven't been given a decision yet, I was just wondering lol. Praying that I will be accepted... I'm keeping the faith and trusting God :)

I saw in a previous thread that they were accepting people as late as two weeks into the program :( Idk about yall, but live in Florida.

I saw in a previous thread that they were accepting people as late as two weeks into the program :( Idk about yall, but live in Florida.

Hopefully MMC has an end of year review about their process and make serious changes because 2 weeks into the program is unacceptable.

Hopefully MMC has an end of year review about their process and make serious changes because 2 weeks into the program is unacceptable.

That was people who were waitlisted that were accepted into July/August

That was people who were waitlisted that were accepted into July/August

That makes sense but I still think they need to review their entire process. Their MD program starts in 2-3 weeks and a lot of us are still in the dark about where we are in the process. People are still wondering if interviews are still happening.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gotcha! I didn't know they waitlisted people for this program so that makes a lot more sense.
It seemed last year that everyone that wasn't accepted was added to a waitlist. No flat out rejections

Last edited:

I have family in the area so I’m planning to crash on a couch if I get accepted last minute. Worst case scenario, I’ll take grad classes at my alma mater

I have family in the area so I’m planning to crash on a couch if I get accepted last minute. Worst case scenario, I’ll take grad classes at my alma mater
Where's your alma mater?

For those of you that have been accepted, have you heard anything since the acceptance? Like blackboard info, picking classes, financial aid, etc? Any updates since then

We got an email about parking and student IDs that’s it.

For those of you that have been accepted, have you heard anything since the acceptance? Like blackboard info, picking classes, financial aid, etc? Any updates since then

Classes are already picked for us. It was outlined in the acceptance letter what classes we would take what semester. I talked to someone in financial aid. She said we are still in the admissions process because we have documentation to turn in. We won't hear about financial aid until later. I completed my FAFSA in March when I applied. It's not a bad idea to go ahead and complete yours, just in case.

Classes are already picked for us. It was outlined in the acceptance letter what classes we would take what semester. I talked to someone in financial aid. She said we are still in the admissions process because we have documentation to turn in. We won't hear about financial aid until later. I completed my FAFSA in March when I applied. It's not a bad idea to go ahead and complete yours, just in case.
Where's your alma mater?
I did. I’m not playing no games. I’m getting ready for a last minute acceptance just in case!

Anyone know any students who completed the medical side of the MHS program and was actually accepted into medical school ? I know a lot of the dental students usually get in but I haven’t heard much about the med students.

Thank you. I’m going to do that. Hopefully the rest us will hear something this week.

Anyone know any students who completed the medical side of the MHS program and was actually accepted into medical school ? I know a lot of the dental students usually get in but I haven’t heard much about the med students.

I’ve met a lot of them! One impressive guy is Lawerence Brown. He did it and now he’s a general surgery resident at Johns Hopkins. Most of the students I’ve reached out to have done the MHS.

I’ve met a lot of them! One impressive guy is Lawerence Brown. He did it and now he’s a general surgery resident at Johns Hopkins. Most of the students I’ve reached out to have done the MHS.

Do you apply to med school concurrently to the program? I just need to figure out if I should be working on updating my AMCAS application.

Do you apply to med school concurrently to the program? I just need to figure out if I should be working on updating my AMCAS application.

Yes, you resubmit your primary & secondary applications while in the program, but you don't need to rush to submit anything right now. Admissions gives you plenty of time to do that in the fall semester.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes, you resubmit your primary & secondary applications while in the program, but you don't need to rush to submit anything right now. Admissions gives you plenty of time to do that in the fall semester.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you currently in the program?

Last edited:

Awesome! Good to know. Can you please PM me I would like to reach out to some students as well.

Hey guys! Did anyone not apply, but still hear from the MHS program?

I got in guys!!!!!! Thanks for all the encouragement

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Hello guys, what gpa, or Gre score you need for the MHS program ? Like what are the requirements to get into the program?

Hello guys, what gpa, or Gre score you need for the MHS program ? Like what are the requirements to get into the program?

Not sure the requirements. GRE isn't required. MCAT or DAT.. Most of us were invited after applying to medical or dental school. They recently made the app open to the public but I'm not sure GPA/test requirements

Last edited:
Has anyone received an acceptance yet who had priority deadline of April 15

Last edited:
Hello all! Do anyone know if they waive the MCAT or GRE due to the Covid-19 crisis?

God is good, Accepted!

Is there a group me or facebook thread for people attending Meharry MHS?

Reactions: 6 users
God is good, Accepted!

Is there a group me or facebook thread for people attending Meharry MHS?

Congratulations! When did you apply to the program? Did you take the GRE or MCAT?

Hey guys! Did anyone not apply, but still hear from the MHS program?
Hey! I didn’t apply for the MHS. I applied to the Dental school received an interview with admissions then got an acceptance letter to the MHS program. Didn’t get an invite to complete a separate application or rejection letter for the dental program. If you haven’t heard anything have faith!

Reactions: 2 users
I got in guys!!!!!! Thanks for all the encouragement
Congrats!! Did you receive any type of confirmation when you resent transcripts or mcat scores prior to the acceptance email? lol I’m just trying to make sure they got my stuff.

Congrats!! Did you receive any type of confirmation when you resent transcripts or mcat scores prior to the acceptance email? lol I’m just trying to make sure they got my stuff.
I didn’t receive one. So I had to email Shelita McIntosh for an update.

Yes, Ms. McIntosh sent me an unofficial email saying my app was under review. The following week, they sent an official confirmation/ application received email.

Yes, Ms. McIntosh sent me an unofficial email saying my app was under review. The following week, they sent an official confirmation/ application received email.

She did the same to me. Hopefully that means good news

Hello all! Do anyone know if they waive the MCAT or GRE due to the Covid-19 crisis?
I was told that the GRE was waived for applicants who have not taken it already due to COVID-19. You should probably email the admissions team for clarification.

Like @MedinProgress, I didn't receive anything. I had to email to check the status of my application.

So everybody that has been accepted, would you say it’s been about a month from the time you applied to the time you were accepted?

I just got accepted into the program yesterday. Applied back in like end of February/ early March (can’t recall exactly when.

Reactions: 3 users