Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When I reached out to Ms. Mclntosh on April 15th, she told me final status updates will be released in 2-4 weeks. So I think we're looking into mid-May.
Thanks! Hoping we all hear some good news then.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Quick question:
Has everyone taken biochemistry?
Btw, can’t wait to hear good news 🤞🏽
WE will ALL get in. ❤️

Quick question:
WE will ALL get in

I did. Throwing positive vibes to everyone in the thread! Can’t wait to be a Meharry student.

Reactions: 1 users
Quick question:
WE will ALL get in. ❤️
I have taken biochemistry. Same 🤞🏼Good vibes to everyone

Quick question:
WE will ALL get in. ❤️
Same, I’ve taken biochemistry too. Good news is coming very soon!!!

Reactions: 1 user
how many people are they accepting and what linkage agreement do they have

I pray we all get accepted and that it is a smooth transition into your perspective dental/medical program.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
how many people are they accepting and what linkage agreement do they have
I don't know how many people they accept cuz it seems to vary each year. But I believe you get a guaranteed interview in their medical school if you get a GPA of 3.5 and 503 MCAT. I don't know their requirements for dental school tho

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know how many people they accept cuz it seems to vary each year. But I believe you get a guaranteed interview in their medical school if you get a GPA of 3.5 and 503 MCAT. I don't know their requirements for dental school tho
Its a 3.0 and 17DAT I believe

Anyone knows the start date for the program this year?

Quick question:
WE will ALL get in. ❤️
My school divided biochemistry into 2 parts but yes I took biochemistry as well.
I pray we all get accepted and that it is a smooth transition into your perspective dental/medical program.
As do I. I was waitlisted for a postbac program in Miami a few days ago and then hopefully I hear good things from Meharry! Wishing the best on us all!
I haven't been able to find the exact start date aside from it being sometime in August I presume

If you applied to to meharrys medical school would you still need to provide the documents such as the transcripts?
I spoke to someone with admissions and they said if you applied to Meharry SOM and applied to MHS you don’t need to add recommendations/transcripts to your app.

Just found this academic calendar pdf on the school's website. It's 2020-2021 tho but should be similar for our class.

Based on this, I THINK orientation might be July 29, 2021 - July 30, 2021. Then classes start August 2, 2021. But again this is just me speculating based on past schedules.

Attachments

• SOGSR-MHS-AY-2020-2021-MMC-Academic-Calendars-4.21.20.pdf
    91.9 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Hi guys,
I am new to forum and recently applied to Meharry MHS program for fall 2021. I had a question about the standardized test, I only took the GRE only because you could take it home due to COVID-19. I did not have the opportunity to take the MCAT. Do you know if any over applicants just took the GRE to get into the MHS program in the past?

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I am new to forum and recently applied to Meharry MHS program for fall 2021. I had a question about the standardized test, I only took the GRE only because you could take it home due to COVID-19. I did not have the opportunity to take the MCAT. Do you know if any over applicants just took the GRE to get into the MHS program in the past?
Nice, Welcome! I'm not too sure about the GRE. I know they primarily consider either MCAT or DAT if you're gearing towards medical or dental school. I would email Ms. McIntosh to confirm. [email protected]

Does anyone know when you should submit your medical school application if you plan on doing this program ? I know that eligible students from the MHS program are interviewed around April-May, but I wasn’t sure if those were students who applied to the SOM in the cycle prior to them starting the MHS program or the cycle after they completed it. I’m not really understanding the full timeline 😅

I GOT ACCEPTED!!! Did anyone else get accepted??

Reactions: 8 users
I just made a MHS GroupMe chat!! If you got accepted, private message me for the link :) Can’t wait to meet you all!!!

To everyone else, don’t lose hope! I pray you all get an acceptance letter too.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when you should submit your medical school application if you plan on doing this program ? I know that eligible students from the MHS program are interviewed around April-May, but I wasn’t sure if those were students who applied to the SOM in the cycle prior to them starting the MHS program or the cycle after they completed it. I’m not really understanding the full timeline

You will have to resubmit a new application for the new cycle. But if you’re in MHS, they basically flag your app to know you’re doing the program.

You will have to resubmit a new application for the new cycle. But if you’re in MHS, they basically flag your app to know you’re doing the program.
So I would need to submit my application to the medical school this May and they’ll consider me while I complete the MHS program. Ok. That clarifies a lot! Let me know if I’m wrong please lol

Also, I was just accepted into the MHS program as well! Good luck to everyone else! I hope we all are blessed with acceptance letters 🥺❤️

Reactions: 4 users
So I would need to submit my application to the medical school this May and they’ll consider me while I complete the MHS program. Ok. That clarifies a lot! Let me know if I’m wrong please lol

Also, I was just accepted into the MHS program as well! Good luck to everyone else! I hope we all are blessed with acceptance letters

I would wait... you have until the deadline to submit your application. So if you’re accepted and going through MHS for sure, wait. You will meet with admissions from your perspective schools and they will go into more details.

I’ve been checking my email every 5 minutes lol nothing yet. Congratulations to those that have been accepted already!

hey. Can anyone shed some light about the stats for this program? I got accepted at MSM’s but also for Meharry’s today. Is there anyone who was in the program already who can give me their opinions?

I’ve been checking my email every 5 minutes lol nothing yet. Congratulations to those that have been accepted already!
Me too nothing yet. Yess and congrats to everyone who got accepted so far!

Is everyone that got accepted so far pre med or pre dental?

hey. Can anyone shed some light about the stats for this program? I got accepted at MSM’s but also for Meharry’s today. Is there anyone who was in the program already who can give me their opinions?
Hi there! I just completed MHS. it was a whole blessing! i feel so much more prepared for med school after completing this program. I acquired many new study techniques . Our classmates all worked together, learned from each other, and really helped each other out. And the professors, OMG. They care so much about us! I had one professor, who would always tell us how happy she was to see us and have us in her class. It really meant a lot. Meharry is truly a family.

Last edited:
Hi there! I just completed MHS. it was a whole blessing! i feel so much more prepared for med school after completing this program. I acquired many new study techniques . Our classmates all worked together, learned from each other, and really helped each other out. And the professors, OMG. They care so much about us! I had one professor, who would always tell us how happy she was to see us and have us in her class. It really meant a lot.

For stats, for our class, our linkage requirement is a 503 mcat and 3.5 overalll gpa.
Okay, so if I got a 503 they will not accept me into their masters? Do they work with students with mcats in the high 490’s?

I haven’t heard anything yet either. I’m nervous now.

Hi there! I just completed MHS. it was a whole blessing! i feel so much more prepared for med school after completing this program. I acquired many new study techniques . Our classmates all worked together, learned from each other, and really helped each other out. And the professors, OMG. They care so much about us! I had one professor, who would always tell us how happy she was to see us and have us in her class. It really meant a lot.
Okay, so if I got a 503 they will not accept me into their masters? Do they work with students with mcats in the high 490’s?
Oh ok, so for entrance stats. I’m honestly not sure. Sorry.

Last edited:
Congratulations everyone excited for you all.

To everyone else still waiting for an admissions decision, don’t lose hope! I think they’re sending out acceptance letters in slow wave. Right now there’s only 5 people in the MHS GroupMe chat. Plus, I was told that letters will be released in 2-4 weeks (on April 15th). So I think they’ll be sending out letters from now till mid-late May.

Keep the faith! Your acceptance letter is coming soon.

Reactions: 9 users
To everyone else still waiting for an admissions decision, don’t lose hope! I think they’re sending out acceptance letters in slow wave. Right now there’s only 5 people in the MHS GroupMe chat. Plus, I was told that letters will be released in 2-4 weeks (on April 15th). So I think they’ll be sending out letters from now till mid-late May.

🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

I needed that, thank you so much 🙏🏾