Memes of Podiatry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dang, the most county hospital stereotype out of all of the nation’s county hospitals? Unionized nursing who will do the bare minimum (read: nothing)? Plus you’re through a private school academic appointment?

That can’t be more than 200k with no support and a 7 page list of interpreter phone numbers.
 
Dang, the most county hospital stereotype out of all of the nation’s county hospitals? Unionized nursing who will do the bare minimum (read: nothing)? Plus you’re through a private school academic appointment?

That can’t be more than 200k with no support and a 7 page list of interpreter phone numbers.
Besides the money, the thing I like most about my current job is I need to use an interpreter maybe one or every two months. And I only speaka the ingles
 
Besides the money, the thing I like most about my current job is I need to use an interpreter maybe one or every two months. And I only speaka the ingles
My usual pair of extreme examples.

A patient who was from either the South Pacific or Caribbean on some island where they only spoke some pidgin language with literally no interpreter. Luckily his buddy sorta spoke it.

A patient needing consistent injections with a dialect from somewhere in central Africa where an interpreter was available for only 1 hour once a month. Of course the patient never showed up on time, nor with family.

Being from the sticks, you could argue I’m pretty rough with the ingles as well
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ax2hnq.jpg
 
The new generation is very cringe on social media. Goes for all professions. I keep my accounts locked and would never talk about my job openly on there, or post post op x rays for everyone to criticize, just my thoughts.

I guess you can argue the surgery residency should be podiatry surgery residency, but no matter how much Reddit losers cry podiatrists are doctors
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From Google Gemini:

The Context
The film's main villain, Jack Blade (played by Ray Liotta), uses the term to insult and mock the group of suburban friends for being middle-aged, upper-middle-class professionals playing dress-up as hardcore bikers. [1, 2, 3]

The Exact Dialogue Scene
When the "Wild Hogs" pull into a local bar, Jack instantly sees right through their leather outfits and tough-guy personas: [1]

Jack: "I knew you dinguses the minute I laid eyes on you. Look at the four of you." [1]
Doug Madsen (Tim Allen): "You don't know us." [1]
Jack: "You think I don't know you? You're probably a... podiatrist or an ear-, nose-, and throat-specialist." [1]
Doug: "I wish." [1]
Jack: "An orthodontist?" [1]
Bobby Davis (Martin Lawrence): "Close enough." [1]

Why It's Funny
The joke relies on the contrast between the rough, lawless lifestyle of a real biker gang and the incredibly safe, high-earning, domestic medical professions of suburban America. Ironically, while Jack guesses "podiatrist" or "orthodontist," Tim Allen's character, Doug, is actually a stressed-out dentist from Cincinnati. [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]

My thoughts:
1) we got lumped in with ENTs even before 3 year residencies were universal
2) this film predates the rise and fall of skin graft subs, which introduced podiatry to the "rough, lawless lifestyle"