You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Memes of Podiatry
Started by GreenHousePub
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Maybe my criticism of this outstanding effort was too early, because even Joe Rogan commented on it today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BeaverBlade
Full Member
Hilarious. Saw that on my Instagram page this morning
Ankleogist
New Member
Something something pull yourself up by your boot straps something something
Looking at the guy’s website, he’s okay. Kinda a Dave Ramsey “hustle in any way possible until you’re in a good spot” type. No time to watch the video today.Something something pull yourself up by your boot straps something something
But if you want real mileage with someone from a different specialty, seems like getting a vascular or ortho etc. doc who covers pod residents makes more sense. Hey, how do the inter-specialty things really work? Heck, I can at least talk about similarities between fields per usual.
Ankleogist
New Member
Doppler? I barely know 'er!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is incredible
BeaverBlade
Full Member
The lies and deception borderline on lawsuit worthy.Podiatrist salary on Tik tok by pod student and pod resident.
Which is real data? 313k or 446k or 156k from BLS?
View attachment 423548
View attachment 423549
Podiatrist salary on Tik tok by pod student and pod resident.
Which is real data? 313k or 446k or 156k from BLS?
View attachment 423548
View attachment 423549
Man, they’re gonna want to delete those in a few years when they’re looking for jobs and only find $120k PE jobs.
That resident’s IG account is just a bunch of videos about shoes. Looks like she’s learning a ton in residency.
Would be nice if true so the majority of folks would be lapping the latest retina salary on Marit
Guy definitely doxxed himself and his $28/wRVU since there’s only one residency program in Indiana, and he’s the only one that fits the age range (impressive they’re bad enough to only have 2 docs).
Best part? Google has a decent amount of dirt on him cheating to win a Magic the Gathering tournament. Interesting claim to fame.
Guy definitely doxxed himself and his $28/wRVU since there’s only one residency program in Indiana, and he’s the only one that fits the age range (impressive they’re bad enough to only have 2 docs).
Best part? Google has a decent amount of dirt on him cheating to win a Magic the Gathering tournament. Interesting claim to fame.
I used to kinda "win" at those MTG tournaments just by being in the the 20% who were normal BMI... Google has a decent amount of dirt on him cheating to win a Magic the Gathering tournament. Interesting claim to fame.
....and in the 5% who was able to talk to girls (I didn't win so much at the cards part tho).
I honestly wonder how you cheat... mark cards to a bit to cut to them? Counterspell card up the sleeve?
Lol I assume this Was inspired by that Reddit post of the "top 10 residency grad" only being able to find 125K job offer.
It seems like a lot of podiatrist are catching on though, because the majority of the comments (even from people that have been in practice a while, and current residents and students) are saying all the stuff that we have been saying here for years. Usually on Reddit, there's a bunch of people defending podiatry, but slowly overtime I have noticed the tides have turned, and even people that are doing relatively well financially are not happy and think the field and saturation and just healthcare in general has gone to crap.
Which one?Lol I assume this Was inspired by that Reddit post of the "top 10 residency grad" only being able to find 125K job offer.
It seems like a lot of podiatrist are catching on though, because the majority of the comments (even from people that have been in practice a while, and current residents and students) are saying all the stuff that we have been saying here for years. Usually on Reddit, there's a bunch of people defending podiatry, but slowly overtime I have noticed the tides have turned, and even people that are doing relatively well financially are not happy and think the field and saturation and just healthcare in general has gone to crap.
*airbud 2024 Meme of the Year winner
The most recent ACFAS podcast teaches residents how to find jobs.
They featured two “fellowship-trained foot and ankle surgeons.”
Guess where they work?
One is in private practice, and the other works for Upperline.
The podiatry job market is so saturated now that you apparently need to do a fellowship just to land a PE podiatry job or PP.
Link please
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry Feli - I added words after the fact.
Last edited:
So the last will be first, and the first will be last
One of these fellas did his fellaship at the Balance Health fellowship.View attachment 423672
Sorry Feli - I added words after the fact.
Wait jokes aside, I think it does though? I recommended it to several patients who all said they helped? I just wanna make sure I am not becoming TFP lol
BeaverBlade
Full Member
night splints work. You just don’t need two of them. Can use one at a time and put it on the other footWait jokes aside, I think it does though? I recommended it to several patients who all said they helped? I just wanna make sure I am not becoming TFP lol
Ive never understood how a night splint is actually beneficial.
Only works if you hold your knee straight. Once anyone falls asleep in an uncomfortable splint the knee will bend. Gastroc relaxes. Very little achilles/p fascia stretching is happening at the cost of poor sleep quality.
Isloated Soleus equinus? Yes. But how common is that?
I dont recommend their use.
Only works if you hold your knee straight. Once anyone falls asleep in an uncomfortable splint the knee will bend. Gastroc relaxes. Very little achilles/p fascia stretching is happening at the cost of poor sleep quality.
Isloated Soleus equinus? Yes. But how common is that?
I dont recommend their use.
BeaverBlade
Full Member
You don’t have to wear it when you sleep I tell most my patients it’s be super uncomfortable to do that. Best to do when sitting on the couch, watching tv/doomscrolling/making podiatry memes on sdnIve never understood how a night splint is actually beneficial.
Only works if you hold your knee straight. Once anyone falls asleep in an uncomfortable splint the knee will bend. Gastroc relaxes. Very little achilles/p fascia stretching is happening at the cost of poor sleep quality.
Isloated Soleus equinus? Yes. But how common is that?
I dont recommend their use.
But good points otherwise
Only tell patients you hate to get a night splint.Wait jokes aside, I think it does though? I recommended it to several patients who all said they helped? I just wanna make sure I am not becoming TFP lol
As a nerd (obviously as an eye doc), I surprisingly never played MTG. The Reddit thread says he likely marked sleeves, fake shuffled, and had a weird blend of cards to make stacking easier. I don’t know how egregious this is.I used to kinda "win" at those MTG tournaments just by being in the the 20% who were normal BMI
....and in the 5% who was able to talk to girls (I didn't win so much at the cards part tho).
I honestly wonder how you cheat... mark cards to a bit to cut to them? Counterspell card up the sleeve?
![]()
Sounds like a TFMTGP. Doubt he can be a TFO in academics. Have to see if I have contacts over there and get the scoop.
Now I’m probably going to have to look up some Comic Book Guy greatest hits on YouTube.
Which one?
Dang, it looks like it was removed.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BeaverBlade
Full Member
Is this real?
Also shut it down meme of the year just dropped. They’re clapping with the nail nippers at the end
Is this real?
Also shut it down meme of the year just dropped. They’re clapping with the nail nippers at the end
Obviously it is real. And it is INCREDIBLE