Memes of Podiatry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 user
1704513544395.png

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1704545358417.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
8bgw89.jpg

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
To be fair he saw a lot of toenails. Sounds like has a pretty good idea...

My "pretty good idea" is based on a lifetime spent around people whose advancement is directly correlated with their effort. It's never their fault.

I never said I knew more about podiatry, I just know more about life than the some of you want to give anybody but yourselves credit for.

The position that "not having gone through it yet" invalidates my opinion would hold more water if some people here didn't routinely attack those that have gone through it and post about their positive(hell, let's just say less than doom) experiences.

Anywho, back to the memes. Some of them really are quite funny.

My "pretty good idea" is based on a lifetime spent around people whose advancement is directly correlated to their effort. It's never their fault.

I never said I knew more about podiatry, I just know more about life than the some of you want to give anybody but yourselves credit for.

The position that "not having gone through it yet" invalidates my opinion would hold more water if some people here didn't routinely attack those that have gone through it and post about their positive(hell, let's just say less than doom) experiences.

Anywho, back to the memes. Some of them really are quite funny.
Right. But this isn't like that. Work harder make more money is a thing as a realtor, landscaper, plumber, dumpster/porta potty owner, software engineer. Medicine is different in that you don't set your prices and you being better than someone else commands higher prices. And then you are a red headed step child (que meme) within medicine. Take my instance. I'm board certified have done all the big surgeries. I want to work harder and make more money and help oh what do you call those things? Patients? . But guess what there is a general surgeon in the wound care center preventing me from seeing patients there. My own Ortho department doesn't let me do any trauma even metatarsal fractures and they continue seeing Foot and ankle stuff instead of having me do it meanwhile you have people wanting to be seen for other oints that are waiting 4 to 6 weeks get tired of it and leave the system. Admin doesn't do anything about it or recognize it. I want to work harder but can't. A year into this and I still sit on my ass one day a week since I don't have enough patients.

In fairness, there are instances like you think. 619 and others have had success in a private model. It exists.

You don't understand how podiatry works. See you on the other side brother.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Right. But this isn't like that. Work harder make more money is a thing as a realtor, landscaper, plumber, dumpster/porta potty owner, software engineer. Medicine is different in that you don't set your prices and you being better than someone else commands higher prices. And then you are a red headed step child (que meme) within medicine. Take my instance. I'm board certified have done all the big surgeries. I want to work harder and make more money and help oh what do you call those things? Patients? . But guess what there is a general surgeon in the wound care center preventing me from seeing patients there. My own Ortho department doesn't let me do any trauma even metatarsal fractures and they continue seeing Foot and ankle stuff instead of having me do it meanwhile you have people wanting to be seen for other oints that are waiting 4 to 6 weeks get tired of it and leave the system. Admin doesn't do anything about it or recognize it. I want to work harder but can't. A year into this and I still sit on my ass one day a week since I don't have enough patients.

In fairness, there are instances like you think. 619 and others have had success in a private model. It exists.

You don't understand how podiatry works. See you on the other side brother.

Are there podiatrists in and outside of ortho groups using their full range of skills? If the answer there is anything other then a concrete No...well that means you have options. Not liking them is not the same as them not existing.

I freely admit I don't know how podiatry fully works. I do however know how life works. You don't get to complain about the game if you don't show up and play.

• Dislike
Are there podiatrists in and outside of ortho groups using their full range of skills? If the answer there is anything other then a concrete No...well that means you have options. Not liking them is not the same as them not existing.

I freely admit I don't know how podiatry fully works. I do however know how life works. You don't get to complain about the game if you don't show up and play.
Yes there are options. I understand some of the apparent hypocrisy here with regular posters who actually all have employed jobs with good incomes and using their full skillset. We are not the majority .

You don't know how podiatry works. Source: trust me bro. May the odds forever be in your favor.

• Haha
Yes there are options. I understand some of the apparent hypocrisy here with regular posters who actually all have employed jobs with good incomes and using their full skillset. We are not the majority .

You don't know how podiatry works. Source: trust me bro. May the odds forever be in your favor.

You say apparent I say glaring.

Keep the memes rolling my friend.

8bhbwq.jpg

• Haha
8bhcv0.jpg

• Haha
8bhcjg.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
8bhfwb.jpg

• Love
To be fair I never said that but ignoring reality is the theme here so no harm done.

How's this? Am I getting better?

8bhgvy.jpg

* True story: I had no idea there were generators for these. I had some mental image of people typing on top of a photo in Paint or something...

Are you currently in podiatry school or a podiatry resident? If not then I have no idea why you giving advice on how things work when you are not even in the game

To be fair I never said that but ignoring reality is the theme here so no harm done.

How's this? Am I getting better?

View attachment 380566

* True story: I had no idea there were generators for these. I had some mental image of people typing on top of a photo in Paint or something...
Ok, so you are a boomer. And if you tell me you are a boomer with "life experience" and talking about going to podiatry school then this is going to escalate quickly.

• Haha
Are you currently in podiatry school or a podiatry resident? If not then I have no idea why you giving advice on how things work when you are not even in the game

Which game is that? Podiatry or life? Lot of overlap there. No, I'm not a podiatrist but I have a lot of interest in becoming one. You have an excellent field full of promise.

I'm not giving advice. I'm giving an opinion. The same as you fine people.

Ok, so you are a boomer. And if you tell me you are a boomer with "life experience" and talking about going to podiatry school then this is going to escalate quickly.

I believe I'm termed a millennial however those labels seem to not be set in stone in terms of what years they encompass.

Let's continue to overlook that you are attempting to attack me....not what I'm saying.

8bhkb3.jpg

I know I'm missing a lot of people, but I have to go study foot stuff LOL 👣👣👣

Edit: will update the portrait later to include more rowdy bunches. If anyone wanna be added let me know!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Which game is that? Podiatry or life? Lot of overlap there. No, I'm not a podiatrist but I have a lot of interest in becoming one. You have an excellent field full of promise.

I believe I'm termed a millennial however those labels seem to not be set in stone in terms of what years they encompass.

Let's continue to overlook that you are attempting to attack me....not what I'm saying.

I find your posts defensive rather than coming from personal podiatry experience. Your previous life/ work experience unfortunately does not apply here. You want to be a podiatrist but hate what this forums says from current podiatrists. I encourage you to shadow and talk to anyone and everyone in this field and actually come up with a real understanding of this field.

I was you once. I got so annoyed that people called podiatry education podiatry school and not podiatric medical school. Then you go through school and realize your fundamental understanding of medicine is not even remotely close to your MD/DO peers. Then you go through residency and realize your residency experience is totally different from your classmates in a good or bad way. Then you went through all this education and training and then see what the job market is like. I bet there will be 100-125k private practice offers by the time you are done. Then let me know how you feel.

• Love

Oh I am not disagreeing with everything you say.

I find your posts defensive rather than coming from an area of experience.

I'm not defensive about anything. I am quite proud of who and what I am, are you?
Your previous life experience unfortunately does not apply here.
Right, because your field has no correlations with any other aspect of life, professional or otherwise.....
I was you once. I got so annoyed that people called podiatry school and not podiatric medical school.
Literally never said nor thought that. Sounds like you have some of those insecurities still.

Then you went through all this education and training and then see what the job market is like

If the job market is filled with the same go getters SDN is....well, I think the graduating classes of the future will be just fine...

Besides, life isn't all about money. I agree fully you guys deserve to be paid equally and that the legal roadblocks to that end are unfortunate.. Laws and regulations can be changed, have you tried?

Let's keep this memes only people. Listen you would think a lab created virus, an orange dictator or world hunger could bring us together and move in one direction, but we all know that can't. Fear of meme thread lockdown HAS to be a unifying force. I am begging you.

• Love
I know but you are also attempting to get the rest of them to jump on me. Which is another theme here.
Well according to the meme I am yoda so yeah that might happen. Maybe I am baby Yoda and don't have full grasp of my powers yet.

I find your posts defensive rather than coming from personal podiatry experience. Your previous life/ work experience unfortunately does not apply here. You want to be a podiatrist but hate what this forums says from current podiatrists. I encourage you to shadow and talk to anyone and everyone in this field and actually come up with a real understanding of this field.

I was you once. I got so annoyed that people called podiatry education podiatry school and not podiatric medical school. Then you go through school and realize your fundamental understanding of medicine is not even remotely close to your MD/DO peers. Then you go through residency and realize your residency experience is totally different from your classmates in a good or bad way. Then you went through all this education and training and then see what the job market is like. I bet there will be 100-125k private practice offers by the time you are done. Then let me know how you feel.
He is a LCR stooge attempting to cause conflict. I covered this in the other thread.

We should keep the meme thread from getting gummed up and ask for mod help cleaning it... he is trying to drag it down also (like the fellowship thread convo).

8bhlgk.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
8bhmb9.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I apologize for breaking thread etiquette. I assumed that if the memes were directed at us we could respond. Can I only do so in meme format?
Some people get butthurt if you do memes directed at them and report them. I will let you guess who that is. It does NOT rhyme with Schmeli, Care Mud, metrograde male, madam masher or other lobsters of a similar mindset.

Some people get butthurt if you do memes directed at them and report them. I will let you guess who that is. It does NOT rhyme with Schmeli, Care Mud, metrograde male, madam masher or other lobsters of a similar mindset.

Nah, I'm a big boy. I'd have to respect you to get hurt by what you say.