Memes of Podiatry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1704575219156.png

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Just don't carry your nippers around with you, apologize for the miscommunication "I didn't bring my instrumentation," write your note "recommend outpatient followup," and bill the patient.

Reactions: 5 users
If you want the nail consults to stop just bring your goniometer with you and conduct biomechanical exams in the hallway on bedbound patients.

That’s part of the physical exam right?

Nurses will shut down those bs consults quick once they know you’re conducting gait exams.

On a side note - does anyone know the RCSP of a prosthetic leg?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
If you want the nail consults to stop just bring your goniometer with you and conduct biomechanical exams in the hallway on bedbound patients.

That’s part of the physical exam right?

Nurses will shut down those bs consults quick once they know you’re the only one conducting gait exams.

On a side note - does anyone know the RCSP of a prosthetic leg?

Finally a practical application for the goniometer. I was convinced that the only use left would be to spank my future children with it.

Delighted to see optho bro joining the lobster game.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Had this happen. Double consulted for "red swollen toe with wound concern for infection". Paged us after double consulting us. Turns out it was just nails. Patient didn't even know why we were there.
This is honestly not right. Meaning you could report this with the hospital for fraud.

I'm at a relatively big hospital. We don't do toenails ever inpatient. Yet they continue to consult us for them. Myself and my partners routinely refuse this. You don't have to go.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
1704640818954.png

Last edited:
1704640536428.png

This is honestly not right. Meaning you could report this with the hospital for fraud.

I'm at a relatively big hospital. We don't do toenails ever inpatient. Yet they continue to consult us for them. Myself and my partners routinely refuse this. You don't have to go.
The other day I had somebody ask if I would come do it as an outpatient because they lived far away and didn't want to make a special trip as an outpatient. I said no and you also do not need to come see me as an outpatient either.

Edit: non diabetic patient.

Last edited:
1704686401223.png

spouse works as a resident manager. Plumber fixes a pipe, teaches me how to do it. Charges the complex 200 bucks for 30 minutes of work.

Reactions: 2 users

Surprisingly interesting short article on lobster eyes

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
8bpt1a.jpg

8bptui.gif

Reactions: 2 users
1704770546376.png

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
1704770724247.png