You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Michigan State c/o 2022 Applicants!
Started by Vet_Squared80
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Ditto!Received an interview invite today as well, OOS! So excited!!! I requested for the 19th of January.
Sent from my KIW-L24 using SDN mobile
OOS Interview invite!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they know around when the next wave will go out?Hey folks, so the admissions people wanted me to let y'all know that the first wave of OOS interview invites are out. They will be releasing them in waves, so don't panic if you didn't get one today!
My personal story:
I got a call to fill in for an interview slot on December, before I'd ever got any notification from the school (I was applying from OOS). I couldn't make that back because of a conflict with another schools interview. They told me to not worry my normal invite would be coming eventually. I think I got an email in January for either a late January or early February interview, and got my acceptance in March.
They didn't say. They're still in the middle of going over OOS applications.Do they know around when the next wave will go out?
I know they got an insane amount of applications again this year, so it might still be a bit before they get them out.
I feel as if I'm never in the first wave for anything....Is it my Z last name? Is it because I smell? Or is it because goblins steal my app and make the admissions committee chase them all over campus? The world my never know but my money is on goblins😉
Good luck to all who got invites hopefully I'll join you sometime soon!
Good luck to all who got invites hopefully I'll join you sometime soon!

I received my invite yesterday at 3:30pm for OOS! 🙂 I selected Jan 15th (MLK day) so that I do not have to take an extra day off of work. Will fly from Texas.Just received an OOS invite to Mighigan St!!
Last edited:
Was your interview date confirmed for the 19th? I’m in Group A ... so morning interview. Eeekkk
Yes it was! And yes, group A as well. Too early, especially for MMI's, should be interesting :/Was your interview date confirmed for the 19th? I’m in Group A ... so morning interview. Eeekkk
Sent from my KIW-L24 using SDN mobile
Congrats on those who got invites! To those who did not, definitely don’t worry. I got my interview invite in January and ended up getting accepted. I was in the last wave of invites. Good luck to everyone!
Is there a way to find out how many applicants this cycle? Preferably separated into IS/OOS
Sent from my Moto E (4) using SDN mobile
Sent from my Moto E (4) using SDN mobile
they will release stats when the admission stats are done, once class make up is complete. I heard that they had more this year than last(probably from lessening prereqs) so they've got alot of work to do.Is there a way to find out how many applicants this cycle? Preferably separated into IS/OOS
Sent from my Moto E (4) using SDN mobile
Staying patient is fairly difficult at the moment! those who received OOS, did you turn your application early or closer to the deadline?
I had all of my portions submitted in July, however, my last LOR waited until the last minute and then the Hurricane happened here in Houston. It about gave me a heart attack trying to get her to finally submit it among the chaos here, but she did. Because of that, technically my app wasn't "finished" until the first week of September. My portions were verified long before that. Not sure if that helps you feel better though. Best of luck - this is a trying time on patience.Staying patient is fairly difficult at the moment! those who received OOS, did you turn your application early or closer to the deadline?
Staying patient is fairly difficult at the moment! those who received OOS, did you turn your application early or closer to the deadline?
I submitted in mid-August (literally on the 15th) and I received an OOS interview yesterday if that helps.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also submitted August 15th and received OOS invite yesterday.Staying patient is fairly difficult at the moment! those who received OOS, did you turn your application early or closer to the deadline?
Hello all - quick question.
Is it ok to catch a flight after the interview? Or is it recommended to fly out the next day? I’m looking at flying home at 6:15pm on Friday after the interview. The agenda says the day will conclude around 1:15pm. Is that accurate? Will I have enough time to get to the airport? Thanks for the help!
Is it ok to catch a flight after the interview? Or is it recommended to fly out the next day? I’m looking at flying home at 6:15pm on Friday after the interview. The agenda says the day will conclude around 1:15pm. Is that accurate? Will I have enough time to get to the airport? Thanks for the help!
Which airport?Hello all - quick question.
Is it ok to catch a flight after the interview? Or is it recommended to fly out the next day? I’m looking at flying home at 6:15pm on Friday after the interview. The agenda says the day will conclude around 1:15pm. Is that accurate? Will I have enough time to get to the airport? Thanks for the help!
Sent from my Moto E (4) using SDN mobile
I’ll be flying in and out of Lansing.
I'd think so. The Lansing airport is only like 15-20 minutes from school, and its not very busy so its not bad getting through security.I’ll be flying in and out of Lansing.
Is there a way to find out how many applicants this cycle? Preferably separated into IS/OOS
Sent from my Moto E (4) using SDN mobile
I don't know the IS vs OOS, but they sent out a newsletter for the college and said they had about 1200 applicants this year.
Would have been better not to know lolI don't know the IS vs OOS, but they sent out a newsletter for the college and said they had about 1200 applicants this year.

Honestly probably neither. As unsettling as it may be most schools with interviews in waves are sending out invites sporadically, there really is no particular order.Does anyone know how the order of people chosen for waves of invites is determined? Is it at all related to how competitive you are...or just by how early you got your application in?
Hello all - quick question.
Is it ok to catch a flight after the interview? Or is it recommended to fly out the next day? I’m looking at flying home at 6:15pm on Friday after the interview. The agenda says the day will conclude around 1:15pm. Is that accurate? Will I have enough time to get to the airport? Thanks for the help!
you should be fine. If it was like last year they stick pretty close to the schedule and the lansing airport security doesn't take very long at all.
I agree with this. I turned mine in 9/14 IS and received first wave interview.Honestly probably neither. As unsettling as it may be most schools with interviews in waves are sending out invites sporadically, there really is no particular order.
Also out of game to @greeneyegal92 don't stop posting in MSU just cuz I called you out in WW! I hope we both get in c/o 2022!!
Sent from my Moto E (4) using SDN mobile
Thought it was funny more than anything 😉
I agree with this. I turned mine in 9/14 IS and received first wave interview.
Also out of game to @greeneyegal92 don't stop posting in MSU just cuz I called you out in WW! I hope we both get in /QUOTE]
Hopefully some interview invites get sent out today!
Was looking for my K state interview invite but received an invite for MSU OOS today!!! So excited!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't worry buddy, you'll get an invitation soon. Just have faith. I pray that you'll get one 🙂Michigan, please. Send one this way.
Anyone else interviewing January 12th? 🙂
I will be! I'm group B.Anyone else interviewing January 12th? 🙂
I'm group A, you ready for it? 😛I will be! I'm group B.
What time does group A interview at??I'm group A, you ready for it? 😛
Not yet! I'll review over MMI stuff after my quarter is over. I'm pretty terrified for them. I'm excited to visit, though! Super excited. Are you ready?
What time does group A interview at??
Not yet! I'll review over MMI stuff after my quarter is over. I'm pretty terrified for them. I'm excited to visit, though! Super excited. Are you ready?
A group has interview into at 8:15, then actual interviews at 8:45. And for interviews I like having a few things in mind story wise then wing the rest! I otherwise have the awful tendency to sound too rehearsed (in my opinion) I'm super excited though and trying to avoid feeling nervous 😉
@BlueGoose @youngkal are you guys group A interviews Dec 1st? Any one else interviewing Friday? Hope to see you guys there, GL!
Sent from my Moto E (4) using SDN mobile
Sent from my Moto E (4) using SDN mobile
@BlueGoose @youngkal are you guys group A interviews Dec 1st? Any one else interviewing Friday? Hope to see you guys there, GL!
Sent from my Moto E (4) using SDN mobile
I’m group B! But I’ll see you at lunch!!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
@BlueGoose @youngkal are you guys group A interviews Dec 1st? Any one else interviewing Friday? Hope to see you guys there, GL!
Sent from my Moto E (4) using SDN mobile
I’m group A!!! So excited. And nervous. And excited. Lol. Trying to not focus on it too much.
I will maybe see some of you during lunch on Friday 😉
Good luck to everyone interviewing this week! Don't be too nervous, MMIs really aren't too bad.
Good luck to everyone interviewing this week! Don't be too nervous, MMIs really aren't too bad.
Good luck to everyone tomorrow!!!
Yay! Interview is done. Good luck to everyone, you can do it!
Also new curriculum sounds awesome!
Sent from my Moto E (4) using SDN mobile
Also new curriculum sounds awesome!
Sent from my Moto E (4) using SDN mobile
Didn't see anyone there who looks like your avatar... [emoji39]I will maybe see some of you during lunch on Friday 😉
Good luck to everyone interviewing this week! Don't be too nervous, MMIs really aren't too bad.
Sent from my Moto E (4) using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
glad to hear interviews went well!
I think that theyre actually pretty fun!
I think that theyre actually pretty fun!
I'm glad to hear everyone's interviews went well. 🙂
Has anyone else not heard back from MSU yet?
Has anyone else not heard back from MSU yet?
Didn't see anyone there who looks like your avatar... [emoji39]
Sent from my Moto E (4) using SDN mobile
You didn't? But I was everywhere.
I was one of the student panelists. The curly one.
@finnickthedog Military or next to the guy?
If you were next to the guy, you ate at my table!
If you were next to the guy, you ate at my table!
I haven't 🤔I'm glad to hear everyone's interviews went well. 🙂
Has anyone else not heard back from MSU yet?