Michigan State c/o 2022 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received an interview invite today as well, OOS! So excited!!! I requested for the 19th of January.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey folks, so the admissions people wanted me to let y'all know that the first wave of OOS interview invites are out. They will be releasing them in waves, so don't panic if you didn't get one today!

My personal story:
I got a call to fill in for an interview slot on December, before I'd ever got any notification from the school (I was applying from OOS). I couldn't make that back because of a conflict with another schools interview. They told me to not worry my normal invite would be coming eventually. I think I got an email in January for either a late January or early February interview, and got my acceptance in March.
Do they know around when the next wave will go out?

Do they know around when the next wave will go out?
They didn't say. They're still in the middle of going over OOS applications.

I know they got an insane amount of applications again this year, so it might still be a bit before they get them out.

Reactions: 1 users
I feel as if I'm never in the first wave for anything....Is it my Z last name? Is it because I smell? Or is it because goblins steal my app and make the admissions committee chase them all over campus? The world my never know but my money is on goblins;)

Good luck to all who got invites hopefully I'll join you sometime soon! :luck:

Reactions: 3 users
Just received an OOS invite to Mighigan St!!
I received my invite yesterday at 3:30pm for OOS! :) I selected Jan 15th (MLK day) so that I do not have to take an extra day off of work. Will fly from Texas.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Was your interview date confirmed for the 19th? I’m in Group A ... so morning interview. Eeekkk
Yes it was! And yes, group A as well. Too early, especially for MMI's, should be interesting :/

Sent from my KIW-L24 using SDN mobile

Congrats on those who got invites! To those who did not, definitely don’t worry. I got my interview invite in January and ended up getting accepted. I was in the last wave of invites. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Is there a way to find out how many applicants this cycle? Preferably separated into IS/OOS

Sent from my Moto E (4) using SDN mobile
they will release stats when the admission stats are done, once class make up is complete. I heard that they had more this year than last(probably from lessening prereqs) so they've got alot of work to do.

Staying patient is fairly difficult at the moment! those who received OOS, did you turn your application early or closer to the deadline?

Members don't see this ad :)
Staying patient is fairly difficult at the moment! those who received OOS, did you turn your application early or closer to the deadline?
I had all of my portions submitted in July, however, my last LOR waited until the last minute and then the Hurricane happened here in Houston. It about gave me a heart attack trying to get her to finally submit it among the chaos here, but she did. Because of that, technically my app wasn't "finished" until the first week of September. My portions were verified long before that. Not sure if that helps you feel better though. Best of luck - this is a trying time on patience.

I submitted in mid-August (literally on the 15th) and I received an OOS interview yesterday if that helps.

I also submitted August 15th and received OOS invite yesterday.

Hello all - quick question.

Is it ok to catch a flight after the interview? Or is it recommended to fly out the next day? I’m looking at flying home at 6:15pm on Friday after the interview. The agenda says the day will conclude around 1:15pm. Is that accurate? Will I have enough time to get to the airport? Thanks for the help!

Is it ok to catch a flight after the interview? Or is it recommended to fly out the next day? I’m looking at flying home at 6:15pm on Friday after the interview. The agenda says the day will conclude around 1:15pm. Is that accurate? Will I have enough time to get to the airport? Thanks for the help!
Which airport?

I’ll be flying in and out of Lansing.
I'd think so. The Lansing airport is only like 15-20 minutes from school, and its not very busy so its not bad getting through security.

Does anyone know how the order of people chosen for waves of invites is determined? Is it at all related to how competitive you are...or just by how early you got your application in?

Does anyone know how the order of people chosen for waves of invites is determined? Is it at all related to how competitive you are...or just by how early you got your application in?
Honestly probably neither. As unsettling as it may be most schools with interviews in waves are sending out invites sporadically, there really is no particular order.

you should be fine. If it was like last year they stick pretty close to the schedule and the lansing airport security doesn't take very long at all.

Honestly probably neither. As unsettling as it may be most schools with interviews in waves are sending out invites sporadically, there really is no particular order.
I agree with this. I turned mine in 9/14 IS and received first wave interview.

Also out of game to @greeneyegal92 don't stop posting in MSU just cuz I called you out in WW! I hope we both get in c/o 2022!!

Hopefully some interview invites get sent out today!

Reactions: 3 users
Was looking for my K state interview invite but received an invite for MSU OOS today!!! So excited!!!

Reactions: 12 users
I’m OOS Just got an interview invitation and reserved my spot for January 19th!

Michigan, please. Send one this way.

Reactions: 4 users
Michigan, please. Send one this way.
Don't worry buddy, you'll get an invitation soon. Just have faith. I pray that you'll get one :)

I'm group A, you ready for it? :p
What time does group A interview at??

Not yet! I'll review over MMI stuff after my quarter is over. I'm pretty terrified for them. I'm excited to visit, though! Super excited. Are you ready?

What time does group A interview at??

Not yet! I'll review over MMI stuff after my quarter is over. I'm pretty terrified for them. I'm excited to visit, though! Super excited. Are you ready?

A group has interview into at 8:15, then actual interviews at 8:45. And for interviews I like having a few things in mind story wise then wing the rest! I otherwise have the awful tendency to sound too rehearsed (in my opinion) I'm super excited though and trying to avoid feeling nervous ;)

glad to hear interviews went well!

I think that theyre actually pretty fun!

I'm glad to hear everyone's interviews went well. :)

Has anyone else not heard back from MSU yet?