-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Michigan State c/o 2022 Applicants!
Started by Vet_Squared80
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got my admissions acceptance letter!! So excited, and can't wait to hear from you all too! Class of 2022!!
Congrats!!!
Accepted!!!
This is the only school I applied to, so let me know if any of you are definitely going to MSU so I know who my classmates will be!
Me!!! I’ll be your classmate as I only applied to MSU as well.This is the only school I applied to, so let me know if any of you are definitely going to MSU so I know who my classmates will be!
Go White
Go blue
Go blue
Go turts.
Alternate list #8. 🙁
Number 8 could definitely happen!Alternate list #8. 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It really does vary every year, but I don't think you're in a terrible spot. My classmate was well into the teens (#16 or 18 i think) 2 years ago and she was the last one admitted to our class in June-ish. Don't lose hope!!!!Alternate list #8. 🙁
I know it isn't terrible (especially given they put 52 people on the waitlist), but I am nervous that the pattern of the last two years, having the waitlist calls make it into the teens, won't hold. Here's to hoping a few IS people choose to go OOS.
Alternate list #8. 🙁
Every year is different, but I think we got to #16-18 last year too. I was #14 and viewed it as a rejection so I made a file review appointment, kept super busy, and focused on improving my application. I was completely surprised to get an acceptance in April! You are still in a good spot but if you plan to apply again next year I would keep working on my experiences and try to focus on other things. Getting an interview is a HUGE step and something to be proud of in itself!
Keep your hope up!!alternate list #9, super worried :/
alternate list #9, super worried :/
Stay positive and keep busy while you wait!
Just got an interview invite today for February 9th! OOS.
I like that StayingPositive2017 liked your advice to stay positive... in 2017Stay positive and keep busy while you wait!

Well it's good advice! I got in so maybe it works!!!I like that StayingPositive2017 liked your advice to stay positive... in 2017![]()
This is the only school I applied to, so let me know if any of you are definitely going to MSU so I know who my classmates will be!
I’ll be your classmate!! Officially accepted my seat yesterday
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how many of those who are interviewed are offered a seat? I was looking at the class of 2021 profile, and I’m confused on whether those “selected” were offered a seat or not.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Does anyone know how many of those who are interviewed are offered a seat? I was looking at the class of 2021 profile, and I’m confused on whether those “selected” were offered a seat or not.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I believe the number of applicants "selected" is the number of applicants who were offered admission, including those who don't end up attending because they decline or whatever.
I believe the number of applicants "selected" is the number of applicants who were offered admission, including those who don't end up attending because they decline or whatever.
That’s what I thought too, but according to the statistics, 147 OOS students were offered admission and only 37 accepted the offer. It’s just hard for me to see how 110 students declined the offer.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
That’s what I thought too, but according to the statistics, 147 OOS students were offered admission and only 37 accepted the offer. It’s just hard for me to see how 110 students declined the offer.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
It’s not that hard to believe. MSU is one of the more expensive OOS options so you have to figure a lot of those students will decline for their in state choice or a cheaper OOS option
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Not sure if there is an interview waitlist or not, but I was accepted at UGA, so I will be giving up my interview spot with MSU on Jan 19th. Best of luck to everyone!
Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile
Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile
Congrats and good luck!Not sure if there is an interview waitlist or not, but I was accepted at UGA, so I will be giving up my interview spot with MSU on Jan 19th. Best of luck to everyone!
Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile
How did all of you prep for your interview???
Read through MMI questions from online (all were medical, my mom would restate some into a vet question if she could), read a prep book, stayed busy to not think about it too much, timed myself with a family member once.How did all of you prep for your interview???
Watch MSU's video and then just try not to stress about it. The biggest thing to practice is soothing yourself between stations so you are calm each time you enter! You can do it!
Read through MMI questions from online (all were medical, my mom would restate some into a vet question if she could), read a prep book, stayed busy to not think about it too much, timed myself with a family member once.
Watch MSU's video and then just try not to stress about it. The biggest thing to practice is soothing yourself between stations so you are calm each time you enter! You can do it!
Thank you! I will do that. Super anxious. Mine is in 8 days. I've been going through the medical ones. We'll see how this goes...
How did all of you prep for your interview???
Our pre-vet advisor sat us down individually and did mock-interviews which were nothing like the actual interview, but put us in an interview type situation so I would recommend that. Possibly an advisor at school or someone from your work? It helped to have a non family member do it as it was more pressure so you know how you will react and have control over your emotions when you don’t know how to answer something. Other than that, I just googled MMI questions for an idea of what to expect. Just relax and have fun with it. I came across a video that said “you’ve been preparing your whole life for MMI interviews, it’s just knowing how to talk to people”. Best of luck!
I think the best tip I read was that the interviewer may not react in any way (positively or negatively), but this is not an indicator of how you are doing, just stay calm and continue through the question.How did all of you prep for your interview???
I did this at TAMU the other day with MMI and it surprisingly was not bad. I didn't even feel awkward with two people emotionlessly staring at me while I answered the objectives. I rather liked it because we all have an even chance. I'll be interviewing with MSU on the 15th. Best of luck 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck!interview this friday! is anyone else going to be there on that day?
Good luck!I did this at TAMU the other day with MMI and it surprisingly was not bad. I didn't even feel awkward with two people emotionlessly staring at me while I answered the objectives. I rather liked it because we all have an even chance. I'll be interviewing with MSU on the 15th. Best of luck 🙂
Me!interview this friday! is anyone else going to be there on that day?
I’ll be there!interview this friday! is anyone else going to be there on that day?
Life is good.