Michigan State c/o 2022 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS interview invite yesterday morning! I'd given up hope since I missed so many waves :droid:
:spam:Life is good.:spam:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Are we suppose to send in fall transcripts? Or do we just send them in if we get accepted.

Congrats to those who got interviews! I’m still holding out that I’ll hear back after Christmas. I did read someone say that they didn’t hear back last year until January.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is the only school I applied to, so let me know if any of you are definitely going to MSU so I know who my classmates will be!

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted!!! GO GREEN!

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate list #8. :(
It really does vary every year, but I don't think you're in a terrible spot. My classmate was well into the teens (#16 or 18 i think) 2 years ago and she was the last one admitted to our class in June-ish. Don't lose hope!!!!

For anyone still waiting like me I emailed MSU and they said that all of the acceptances were for in-state applicants and that OOS interview invites will continue to get sent out likely through January :)

Reactions: 4 users
I know it isn't terrible (especially given they put 52 people on the waitlist), but I am nervous that the pattern of the last two years, having the waitlist calls make it into the teens, won't hold. Here's to hoping a few IS people choose to go OOS.

Alternate list #8. :(

Every year is different, but I think we got to #16-18 last year too. I was #14 and viewed it as a rejection so I made a file review appointment, kept super busy, and focused on improving my application. I was completely surprised to get an acceptance in April! You are still in a good spot but if you plan to apply again next year I would keep working on my experiences and try to focus on other things. Getting an interview is a HUGE step and something to be proud of in itself!

alternate list #9, super worried :/

Invite to interview!! OOS

Just received an invite to interview this morning!!! OOS

Just got an interview invite today for February 9th! OOS.

Hey Michigan... I see you forgot me again, don’t worry I’ll wait for you :laugh::laugh:

I had already given up hope on this one since everyone seemed to have received offers already. So psyched!

This is the only school I applied to, so let me know if any of you are definitely going to MSU so I know who my classmates will be!

I’ll be your classmate!! Officially accepted my seat yesterday

Does anyone know how many of those who are interviewed are offered a seat? I was looking at the class of 2021 profile, and I’m confused on whether those “selected” were offered a seat or not.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone know how many of those who are interviewed are offered a seat? I was looking at the class of 2021 profile, and I’m confused on whether those “selected” were offered a seat or not.

I believe the number of applicants "selected" is the number of applicants who were offered admission, including those who don't end up attending because they decline or whatever.

I believe the number of applicants "selected" is the number of applicants who were offered admission, including those who don't end up attending because they decline or whatever.

That’s what I thought too, but according to the statistics, 147 OOS students were offered admission and only 37 accepted the offer. It’s just hard for me to see how 110 students declined the offer.

That’s what I thought too, but according to the statistics, 147 OOS students were offered admission and only 37 accepted the offer. It’s just hard for me to see how 110 students declined the offer.

It’s not that hard to believe. MSU is one of the more expensive OOS options so you have to figure a lot of those students will decline for their in state choice or a cheaper OOS option

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Not sure if there is an interview waitlist or not, but I was accepted at UGA, so I will be giving up my interview spot with MSU on Jan 19th. Best of luck to everyone!

Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile

How did all of you prep for your interview???
Read through MMI questions from online (all were medical, my mom would restate some into a vet question if she could), read a prep book, stayed busy to not think about it too much, timed myself with a family member once.

Watch MSU's video and then just try not to stress about it. The biggest thing to practice is soothing yourself between stations so you are calm each time you enter! You can do it!

I had a feeling this was coming. Got my rejection email a minute ago. Good luck to everyone one who got an interview

Read through MMI questions from online (all were medical, my mom would restate some into a vet question if she could), read a prep book, stayed busy to not think about it too much, timed myself with a family member once.

Watch MSU's video and then just try not to stress about it. The biggest thing to practice is soothing yourself between stations so you are calm each time you enter! You can do it!

Thank you! I will do that. Super anxious. Mine is in 8 days. I've been going through the medical ones. We'll see how this goes...

How did all of you prep for your interview???

Our pre-vet advisor sat us down individually and did mock-interviews which were nothing like the actual interview, but put us in an interview type situation so I would recommend that. Possibly an advisor at school or someone from your work? It helped to have a non family member do it as it was more pressure so you know how you will react and have control over your emotions when you don’t know how to answer something. Other than that, I just googled MMI questions for an idea of what to expect. Just relax and have fun with it. I came across a video that said “you’ve been preparing your whole life for MMI interviews, it’s just knowing how to talk to people”. Best of luck!

I did this at TAMU the other day with MMI and it surprisingly was not bad. I didn't even feel awkward with two people emotionlessly staring at me while I answered the objectives. I rather liked it because we all have an even chance. I'll be interviewing with MSU on the 15th. Best of luck :)

interview this friday! is anyone else going to be there on that day?

I did this at TAMU the other day with MMI and it surprisingly was not bad. I didn't even feel awkward with two people emotionlessly staring at me while I answered the objectives. I rather liked it because we all have an even chance. I'll be interviewing with MSU on the 15th. Best of luck :)
Good luck!

Good luck everybody! Try not to get too nervous, just be your genuine self. It's actually quite fun!