Michigan State c/o 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I thought we had to already send in our Casper scores though?? Maybe I'm wrong but mine were sent in when I applied.
We did, they just only look at the scores of the people they invite to the webinar

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Those invited to the virtual webinar are invited based on their initial applications and decisions are further made by the ‘interview’ which in this case, is the CASPer. The virtual webinar is basically the same as their in person reception they’d host in non-pandemic times— the Dean talks to you guys, you get financial information about the school, a brief rundown of the curriculum, there’s a chance to ask questions, a student panel, etc. The virtual webinar is purely informational and to help you make the best informed decision you can when picking schools!

P.s. for those reading this who are currently invited— and OOS waiting for an invite— don’t stress about what to wear! Your webcam will be off so you can grunge it up in some PJs. I worried a bit too much about what to wear last year and wore a nice sweater no one got to see 😅
Any idea when OOS will be notified?

If it’s anything like last year, those invited are either accepted or waitlisted— your CASPer scores will be used to help make final decisions (which is why there’s another agonizing two month wait after the reception lmao).

This is what I just simply don't understand.
I'm not trying to be obtuse.

But if the only people who are invited to this seminar are the ones who have already been accepted, then doesn't that render the CASper irrelevant?

Members don't see this ad :)
This is what I just simply don't understand.
I'm not trying to be obtuse.

But if the only people who are invited to this seminar are the ones who have already been accepted, then doesn't that render the CASper irrelevant?
They’re not all people who’ve been accepted. They decide whether to accept you or waitlist you based on your casper scores.

They’re not all people who’ve been accepted. They decide whether to accept you or waitlist you based on your casper scores.
Thank you. This would be so much easier if they just accept me already 🤣🤣

Any idea when OOS will be notified?
I wish I could be more help, but I genuinely don’t know. If the IS reception is tomorrow, I feel like there’s a good chance OOS will hear next week!

Reactions: 4 users
So IS. They said they'd have some updates within the next few weeks. *anxiety increases

How did most ppl do in the CASPR test? I didn't miss any questions but it really stressed me out trying to balance ethics with empathy. I'm in the 3rd quartile. 🙃🤷🏾‍♀️

How did most ppl do in the CASPR test? I didn't miss any questions but it really stressed me out trying to balance ethics with empathy. I'm in the 3rd quartile. 🙃🤷🏾‍♀️
I’m OOS and 4th quartile

I’m IS and bombed the test. I’m pretty sure the test sabotaged my acceptance v waitlist 😬 I don’t do well under tight time restrictions. I just kept wanting to type and type full answers and would run out of time for the other questions. 😖

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I’m IS and bombed the test. I’m pretty sure the test sabotaged my acceptance v waitlist 😬 I don’t do well under tight time restrictions. I just kept wanting to type and type full answers and would run out of time for the other questions. 😖
I’ll also say it suckssss if this test is the determining factor. But with so many applicants they need something to sort everyone out so I get it. I really wish they had actual interviews, even if it were zoom. I would have been WAY more comfortable and it would have portrayed a more accurate picture of who I am v a rushed 5 minute answer 🥴

I’ll also say it suckssss if this test is the determining factor. But with so many applicants they need something to sort everyone out so I get it. I really wish they had actual interviews, even if it were zoom. I would have been WAY more comfortable and it would have portrayed a more accurate picture of who I am v a rushed 5 minute answer 🥴
Just remember MSU doesn’t look at the CASPER text until after they decide the final people for the virtual reception. It has no decision on the decisions you to that point.

Just remember MSU doesn’t look at the CASPER text until after they decide the final people for the virtual reception. It has no decision on the decisions you to that point.
They use them to determine acceptance v waitlist right?

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS 4th quartile

Hey guys! I just wanted to try (emphasis on try lmao) and offer some reassurance to ya’ll about the application process and your applications.

At this point, for those IS who attended the virtual webinar and those OOS who will be in a few weeks, the CASPer will be another deciding factor in acceptance vs waitlist, however, PLEASE don’t over-focus on your CASPer score or compare yours to others (easier said than done, I know). The CASPer is one of many factors going into final decisions, but it’s not the sole factor. They still look at everything on your application, so have confidence in the rest of your application and faith in yourselves! You all got this far (or will be getting this far) and that’s amazing in it’s own right!

I was in your shoes last year, and absolutely had similar fears about my CASPer bringing me down because I felt I didn’t do well on it (I actually have no idea how I scored because supposedly last year we wouldn’t be getting our scores back so 🤷🏽‍♀️), but here I am! My first semester here at MSU’s done— which is crazy to think about honestly lmao.

It’s a stressful process for sure, but be kind to yourselves. You’ve come this far so be proud. You’ve all got this and will one day be amazing veterinarians! :)

(For those reading this who may have been denied: it took me three cycles to get in, and two to get into MSU! It’ll happen for you, I promise!)

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Hey guys! I just wanted to try (emphasis on try lmao) and offer some reassurance to ya’ll about the application process and your applications.

At this point, for those IS who attended the virtual webinar and those OOS who will be in a few weeks, the CASPer will be another deciding factor in acceptance vs waitlist, however, PLEASE don’t over-focus on your CASPer score or compare yours to others (easier said than done, I know). The CASPer is one of many factors going into final decisions, but it’s not the sole factor. They still look at everything on your application, so have confidence in the rest of your application and faith in yourselves! You all got this far (or will be getting this far) and that’s amazing in it’s own right!

I was in your shoes last year, and absolutely had similar fears about my CASPer bringing me down because I felt I didn’t do well on it (I actually have no idea how I scored because supposedly last year we wouldn’t be getting our scores back so 🤷🏽‍♀️), but here I am! My first semester here at MSU’s done— which is crazy to think about honestly lmao.

It’s a stressful process for sure, but be kind to yourselves. You’ve come this far so be proud. You’ve all got this and will one day be amazing veterinarians! :)

(For those reading this who may have been denied: it took me three cycles to get in, and two to get into MSU! It’ll happen for you, I promise!)
Thank you SO much for this, def needed it ❤️ How was your first semester?!

Thank you SO much for this, def needed it ❤️ How was your first semester?!
Absolutely no problem 💕

And better than expected, honestly! Crazy to think how fast it went and how much I learned in such a short amount of time. I was a bit worried initially with MSU’s curriculum and how it’s set up, but I absolutely love it and it definitely helped make the semester all the greater!

• Love
wait did invites for OOS for the webinar already go out? I haven't heard anything

(For those reading this who may have been denied: it took me three cycles to get in, and two to get into MSU! It’ll happen for you, I promis

wait did invites for OOS for the webinar already go out? I haven't heard anything
As far as I know— they have not. Sorry for the confusion, I more so was referring to OOS in a future kind of tense!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know the number of current IS students are under consideration at this point?

Absolutely no problem 💕

And better than expected, honestly! Crazy to think how fast it went and how much I learned in such a short amount of time. I was a bit worried initially with MSU’s curriculum and how it’s set up, but I absolutely love it and it definitely helped make the semester all the greater!
That’s amazing. MSU is my dream school because of their curriculum, so it’s good to hear first hand that it’s doable!

Right! Exactly. These personality tests do not really do anyone justice. And the scoring is too subjective.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know the number of current IS students are under consideration at this point?
I’m not sure about this year but last year there was 147 who were invited to the virtual reception. From my understanding of the 147, 65 were made offers and the remaining 82 were waitlisted?

UGH, I wish they would just let us know who’s invited already😩😩😩

In the past, for the reception is it people that are invited get an email and people who don’t get nothing? Or are we sent a denial email? I’ve got nothing so far, but it’s cool to know how this works so my anxiety has something to target 😂.

In the past, for the reception is it people that are invited get an email and people who don’t get nothing? Or are we sent a denial email? I’ve got nothing so far, but it’s cool to know how this works so my anxiety has something to target 😂.
Are you IS or OOS? IS already had their reception and people who didn't attend were sent denial letters. I don't believe OOS has received anything yet.

Sooooo OOS people…….today??

Reactions: 4 users
As an OOS applicant last year I got a denial email on the 18th

Okay okay so I'm thinking maybe we hear back friday? :unsure: I haven't heard anything from all the schools I applied to so the waiting game has my nerves at 100%, also doesn't help that I'm OOS everywhere.

Last email was sent at 4:34PM on a Wednesday so maybe later today?

I don’t think anyone OOS has heard back yet, right?

im not sure what’s going to break first: my refresh email button or my anxious heart

Reactions: 8 users
I get stressed whenever I check and see someone posted here 😂

Reactions: 2 users
Last year OOS heard back on the 18th of december which was the friday following the IS reception.

I get stressed whenever I check and see someone posted here 😂
literally me omg i see the notif and think something is finally happening but nope another equally anxious pre-vet student trying to deduce when an email is being sent

anybody feeling brave enough to take one for the team and give msu a call HAHAH

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
literally me omg i see the notif and think something is finally happening but nope another equally anxious pre-vet student trying to deduce when an email is being sent
Literally my gut drops every time I see a notification because I check my emails then check here

To distract us... does anybody know how MSU conducts their review? Like when you pass their academic requirements (ie that email we got a while ago) and go to committee review, does the committee still look at academics a lot, or more so the rest of the app?

Please Help GIF by Rosanna Pansino
help me reaction s GIF

these both felt appropriate

....sorry for the notification friends

• Haha