Michigan State c/o 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To distract us... does anybody know how MSU conducts their review? Like when you pass their academic requirements (ie that email we got a while ago) and go to committee review, does the committee still look at academics a lot, or more so the rest of the app?
4DE211CC-4172-462F-92F6-B91614C9253E.jpeg
Here’s a screenshot I have from one of their webinars if this helps. They mentioned after you pass the academic review your gpa will not be factored in anymore.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you IS or OOS? IS already had their reception and people who didn't attend were sent denial letters. I don't believe OOS has received anything yet.
so people that did not attend the IS webinar were denied? How many were at the webinar, does anyone know? I counted atleast 40 in the chat lol

Reactions: 1 user
IS students that attended the webinar, did you get the survey they were discussing or the transcript of the meeting yet?

so people that did not attend the IS webinar were denied? How many were at the webinar, does anyone know? I counted atleast 40 in the chat correct
So I’m not the only one who counted 🤣The IS people who didn’t receive an invite to the reception were denied. The 40ish people counted in the chat seems low, as there were many who attended last year. I don’t believe the reception was mandatory, as I’m sure there were some people who wern’t able to attend for whatever reason. Also, I’m sure not everyone said hello at the beginning. All I want for Xmas is a MSU acceptance 🤪🎄

Members don't see this ad :)
So I’m not the only one who counted 🤣The IS people who didn’t receive an invite to the reception were denied. The 40ish people counted in the chat seems low, as there were many who attended last year. I don’t believe the reception was mandatory, as I’m sure there were some people who wern’t able to attend for whatever reason. Also, I’m sure not everyone said hello at the beginning. All I want for Xmas is a MSU acceptance 🤪🎄
that is what I was thinking as well!

Both Panels Down! Now we wait! o_O:1geek::cat:

Hi! My name is Samantha and I was one of the students at the webinar today. I think Lauren mentioned you’d be getting the transcript probably after the holidays. If anyone would like, my email is [email protected] if you have any questions about student life or anything I can do my best to help.

Reactions: 3 users
@Yaya13 What does it all mean? Panels?
IS had 2 virtual webinars, one included school faculty and the other consisted of students. Last year there was only one and it went way over the time limit because there were a lot of questions for current students

Does that mean we probably won’t hear back for OOS tomorrow since they had another webinar today?

Come on please give us OOS today ….

I stalked a bit and it looks like oos heard back today one year ago... fingers crossed :rofl:

I hope we hear back today, maybe between 3-5 pm EST?

Y’all keep making me panic and hold my breath today at work with the notifications

Check your emails - OOS rejection was really hoping for this one

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
OOS panel invite!! check your emails! The wait is over lol

FINALLY!! THE WAIT IS OVER!!! OOS WEBINAR INVITE YAY!! :love:

Reactions: 2 users
Webinar invite here too! So much excite!

Reactions: 2 users
OOS Webinar invite!!! My first good news this week after a slough of rejections!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
IM INVITED I JUST HAPPY DANCED AT WORK

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Oos denied with a 3.8 gpa and experience in every category. Msu wasn’t one of my top choices and I’ve already gotten into another school, so I would’ve denied my seat anyhow. Congrats to everyone who is getting invites🥳🥳

OOS rejection :( Congrats to all who got accepted!

• Care
OOS invite. Good luck everyone and keep your heads up.

So I'm a 1st time for MSU, do we know how this webinar works? Like how many they accept after the webinar, and it's all based on Casper score then?

OOS rejection :/ congrats to all those invited!

• Care
OOS rejection. This one hurt my feelings a little bit ngl 😂. However, this is an awesome school and congrats to all the people that got invited, you’re gonna be awesome! 💛💛

• Care
OOS rejection, good luck to all those invited ❤️

• Care
OOS rejection :-( congrats to everyone invited though!

• Care