Michigan State c/o 2027 Applicants

Started by BeanDVM
Tags Tags
vet c/o 2027
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thank you, i kinda am confused about what the point of not rejecting the people that got the vague email is for. their email in january said that the OOS interviews will happen the weeks of feb 20 and 27… so if they don’t plan on offering an interview why didn’t I get rejected
This is only speculation, but maybe because they are so late to send out invites they might be anticipating a decent amount of applicants declining their invites? Instead of calling it "interview waitlist" you're just still in review?
 
This is only speculation, but maybe because they are so late to send out invites they might be anticipating a decent amount of applicants declining their invites? Instead of calling it "interview waitlist" you're just still in review?

yeah that’s kinda what i was thinking. I wonder when we’ll here more (ie a rejection or poss interview offer)…
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They gave us a deadline of 2/17 to submit our dates, so probably Monday? I wouldn't be surprised if things got slightly delayed in light of recent events.
That’s true, I hadn’t thought about it. Those of you who are still in review, don’t loose hope! Let’s wait and see what happens
 
Hi there! I am in the same situation. I believe that I have completed all of the science requirements, and this is a mistake. I emailed the suggested reply to email ([email protected]) asking for clarification as I believe it is a mistake. I have not heard back and do not anticipate to hear back. I think I am going to search for a phone number to call in the morning to see if I can at least get an explanation or specific course that they did not accept.
Has anyone found a solution to this? I'm in the same boat. I'm 100% sure I have completed all the prereqs (I applied previously and had them completed then, as well). I emailed, but no response yet.
 
Has anyone found a solution to this? I'm in the same boat. I'm 100% sure I have completed all the prereqs (I applied previously and had them completed then, as well). I emailed, but no response yet.
Michigan state won’t be open until Monday. Please be patient with them.

Also this year is the first year we’re 100% of prerequisites must be completed before hand so it’s likely a class you thought would be accepted wasn’t.
 
Michigan state won’t be open until Monday. Please be patient with them.

Also this year is the first year we’re 100% of prerequisites must be completed before hand so it’s likely a class you thought would be accepted wasn’t.
I thought they were reopening today? Ofc I am going to be patient with them given what has just occurred, but I also know each day that passes makes it less likely the prereq error can be corrected. I understand that mistakes happen and I've read on other threads that applicants have been invited for interviews after the school went back and corrected prereq errors. I'm just anxious given that 100% of my prereqs are completed, with a C or better (as they require), without doubt.
 
I thought they were reopening today? Ofc I am going to be patient with them given what has just occurred, but I also know each day that passes makes it less likely the prereq error can be corrected. I understand that mistakes happen and I've read on other threads that applicants have been invited for interviews after the school went back and corrected prereq errors. I'm just anxious given that 100% of my prereqs are completed, with a C or better (as they require), without doubt.
Office have reopened but they are going to be prioritizing current students over applicants as two major buildings on campus are closed until further notice. If you haven’t heard anything by Tuesday and reemail
 
I’ll also tack on that the CVM was explicit with current students this week that nothing academically was required of us whatsoever — which I majorly appreciate on their part. I’ve literally been able to do nothing this week which has been refreshing and therapeutic, and I know classmates feel similarly.

However, this now means the CVM is currently trying to figure out when we’ll make-up this coursework, which is not going to be an easy feat and will take them more time. Given the profession, we can’t exactly just skip over the material without coming back to it( second years focus this week was supposed to be eye disorders, which are very common in our field). So yes, please have patience with them! When they know more and have figured things out, you guys will too.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS interview invite!! I was wondering if the interviews are closed file or open file, for those that interviewed this year!
 
My interview for next week says Zoom, but it says through Kira talent. Does anyone know if it is set up like Casper (in a sense of they give you a prompt and you respond within an allotted time)?
 
My interview for next week says Zoom, but it says through Kira talent. Does anyone know if it is set up like Casper (in a sense of they give you a prompt and you respond within an allotted time)?
I don't know how customizable it is (and didn't apply/interview with Michigan) but my experience with Kira was time alone with prompt, followed by time with interviewer. Everything was set times and it automatically booted you from prompt to person to prompt when time ran out.
 
My interview for next week says Zoom, but it says through Kira talent. Does anyone know if it is set up like Casper (in a sense of they give you a prompt and you respond within an allotted time)?
Not sure about Michigan but I did another interview with Kira talent and it was the same as a normal zoom interview
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone hear back after emailing them about discrepancies with their apps? (Prereqs not met email, etc)
 
My interview for next week says Zoom, but it says through Kira talent. Does anyone know if it is set up like Casper (in a sense of they give you a prompt and you respond within an allotted time)?
Yeah similar to Casper, just with a love response instead of typing. There’s a screen with a prompt that you have 2 minutes to read and then you get put into a room with the interviewer where they ask you the questions.
 
Has anyone found a solution to this? I'm in the same boat. I'm 100% sure I have completed all the prereqs (I applied previously and had them completed then, as well). I emailed, but no response yet.
Hi there! I am in this situation, and I have emailed the admissions team as well as left two voicemails. With that, I think I am just going to wait it out. I employees are under extreme conditions given recent events on campus. I am hoping to hear back before OOS interviews come to a close! Keep me updated on your status! It's good to know I'm not the only one in this situation.
 
Hi there! I am in this situation, and I have emailed the admissions team as well as left two voicemails. With that, I think I am just going to wait it out. I employees are under extreme conditions given recent events on campus. I am hoping to hear back before OOS interviews come to a close! Keep me updated on your status! It's good to know I'm not the only one in this situation.
They got back to me in an email today! Hopefully, you'll also receive good news. Mistakes happen, and I'm thrilled they are willing to fix it. It looks like I'll still get the full review, and hopefully an interview. Email below.

"Thank you for applying to our Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Program. Upon further review, we found you have fulfilled all prerequisites.
As such, your application has been changed to reflect fulfillment of our academic requirements and will be sent to file review. If your file review passes, you will be invited to virtual Multi-Mini Interviews.
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work to move the admissions process forward."
 
They got back to me in an email today! Hopefully, you'll also receive good news. Mistakes happen, and I'm thrilled they are willing to fix it. It looks like I'll still get the full review, and hopefully an interview. Email below.

"Thank you for applying to our Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Program. Upon further review, we found you have fulfilled all prerequisites.
As such, your application has been changed to reflect fulfillment of our academic requirements and will be sent to file review. If your file review passes, you will be invited to virtual Multi-Mini Interviews.
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work to move the admissions process forward."
I emailed them last week for the same reason, but I haven't heard back yet. This has given me hope!
 
Btw, the confidentiality agreement has a part for a "witness name", is that for MSU offices, or does someone I know has to sign it? I AM SO CONFUSED
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Btw, the confidentiality agreement has a part for a "witness name", is that for MSU offices, or does someone I know has to sign it? I AM SO CONFUSED
I had my veterinarian sign it cause he was near me when I printed it! I think it can be whomever, just that it’s someone witnessing you agree to the terms.
 
Btw, the confidentiality agreement has a part for a "witness name", is that for MSU offices, or does someone I know has to sign it? I AM SO CONFUSED
I left it blank! I think in person it would be someone from the MSU office signing it, and I live alone, so unless they wanted my dogs signature, that was all they were getting 😂