Michigan State University c/o 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I applied to Michigan! Has anyone heard anything?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
. I’m assuming they probably received more applications

I believe they got somewhere around 1700 applications this year. That 500+ more than last year.

Reactions: 3 users
I believe they got somewhere around 1700 applications this year. That 500+ more than last year.
I saw in Iowa State's thread that there are a few hundred more applicants this year as well. Makes me wonder why.
Are there more people applying this year in general?
This surely makes me more nervous haha.

Reactions: 1 users
I saw in Iowa State's thread that there are a few hundred more applicants this year as well. Makes me wonder why.
Are there more people applying this year in general?
This surely makes me more nervous haha.
Probably more people applying and probably more people meeting the requirements since neither require the GRE sand MSU doesn’t look at your gpa after you meet the requirement

Reactions: 2 users
I think you got played. Michigan doesn't have a vet school.
akwgd9x3lw2svfkzgtoo.jpg

...is that not a vet school?

akwgd9x3lw2svfkzgtoo.jpg

...is that not a vet school?
I think teepster was referring to Michigan not Michigan state as discussed previously. Michigan state has a vet school. University of Michigan does not

Members don't see this ad :)
I think teepster was referring to Michigan not Michigan state as discussed previously. Michigan state has a vet school. University of Michigan does not

And the rivalry between Michigan and MSU is ridiculous. Their games are so intense.

Not sure if this thread makes me want to laugh or cry LOL :whoa:

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck to all those that applied. I volunteered for some of the interview dates. If you have questions about anything Michigan State, especially the new curriculum, feel free to reach out!

Reactions: 8 users
I also got an interview invite (IS)! I put in for November 30 - hope to see lots of you there!!!

I got an interview invite!!!!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 11 users
Congrats to everyone whose gotten an interview so far!!

Oh my gosh congrats guys!!! That’s so exciting!!

Congrats to all y'all!
Have any OOS people gotten interviews yet?

Congrats to all y'all!
Have any OOS people gotten interviews yet?
I think IS gets them first and then OOS. Meanwhile here I am OOS, knowing this information, refreshing my email every 30 seconds

Reactions: 9 users
I think IS gets them first and then OOS. Meanwhile here I am OOS, knowing this information, refreshing my email every 30 seconds

Yeah. Hopefully, they’ll send out OOS by next week. If they’re adhering to last year’s schedule it’ll be around the 14th/15th

But congrats to all who received invites thus far!!

Same.

Congrats to y'all with interview dates!

Congrats to everyone who got interviews! Y’all are going to rock it :soexcited:

Last edited:
Not sure if they’ll do this for OOS, too, but don’t be surprised if you don’t get an email until after 5pm. Mine came at 5:04pm...after I’d been obsessively checking my email since 7:45am. Don’t be like me, guys.;)

Some OOS will hear beginning of December as someone said.

I got an interview invite as well!! I’m in state!

Just got confirmation, I'll be interviewing Nov 30th! So excited!

Reactions: 6 users
From MSU email like 4 sec ago:
"Yesterday we were able to send out notifications to all of our Michigan residents and those invited will interview in November and December. We are still evaluating applications for non-Michigan residents and will be doing so through the beginning of January. Interviews for non-residents will be conducted in January and February. Invitations for non-Michigan residents will go out starting in December and ending in February. We had a 41.2% increase in applications this year and so please have patience as we complete careful evaluation of all applications. "

I picked the wrong year to apply dear god 42% o...o

Reactions: 7 users
From MSU email like 4 sec ago:
"Yesterday we were able to send out notifications to all of our Michigan residents and those invited will interview in November and December. We are still evaluating applications for non-Michigan residents and will be doing so through the beginning of January. Interviews for non-residents will be conducted in January and February. Invitations for non-Michigan residents will go out starting in December and ending in February. We had a 41.2% increase in applications this year and so please have patience as we complete careful evaluation of all applications. "

I picked the wrong year to apply dear god 42% o...o
i just had a stroke when i got this email then it turns out to be that......... real quick stress test, hearts working good!:unsure:

But just think, it’s a good thing! They’re taking a lot of time evaluating each applicant which is VERY good!

Very true, need to look at the bright side of things! Patience.... something I can work on lol.

Very true, need to look at the bright side of things! Patience.... something I can work on lol.

If you have the chance, work with children or teens. They make you learn reaaaal quick. or tutoring. They will also challenge all aspects of your patience.

If you have the chance, work with children or teens. They make you learn reaaaal quick. or tutoring. They will also challenge all aspects of your patience.
In my msu essay I talked about working with kids at the horse rescue I was at. Most were kids in an alternative to juvi group home. We learned a lot from eachother and I linked it all back to the core values of the college. For VM-Cvm I also liked their prompt too..MSU and VM-Cvm actually really got me excited about writing.

Are there others here still in undergrad? I've never checked my email more in my life! *scribble notes**refresh email**scribble notes**refresh email*

Despite the heart palpitations, I actually appreciate how communicative they're being. No shade to the more quiet schools lol

In my msu essay I talked about working with kids at the horse rescue I was at. Most were kids in an alternative to juvi group home. We learned a lot from eachother and I linked it all back to the core values of the college. For VM-Cvm I also liked their prompt too..MSU and VM-Cvm actually really got me excited about writing.

It sounds like you were inspired by some pretty awesome kids!! I’m sure admissions will look highly upon your experiences and essay about them.

I tried to fit my current volunteer work with homeless youth in the essay. I think I scrapped it because I kept forcing the subject and it didn’t sound like a natural response. But! I’m constantly learning life lessons (I.e diffusing situations) from them which hopefully will help in MMIs.