-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Utah State University c/o 2029 Applicants
Started by avalanche777
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
mce
New Member
Still waiting, OOS!Anyone still waiting to hear after both in-state and out-of-state acceptances went out?
brynnapeddy
Full Member
I emailed Ryan today and then got my decision letter very sooner after that. I’m OS. Sounds like they are still reviewing applications too
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mce
New Member
Sorry to pry, but did you get accepted?I emailed Ryan today and then got my decision letter very sooner after that. I’m OS. Sounds like they are still reviewing applications too
brynnapeddy
Full Member
No I did not and I’m okay with that. Going to SGU 😊Sorry to pry, but did you get accepted?
Rejections are going through per the Facebook group. Haven't heard anything here
mce
New Member
Congrats!!No I did not and I’m okay with that. Going to SGU 😊
Any waitlists?
which fb group?Rejections are going through per the Facebook group. Haven't heard anything here
mce
New Member
I saw a post on APVMAwhich fb group?
which fb group?
The APVMA group yesI saw a post on APVMA
Dogter.here.dogter
Full Member
mce
New Member
YES, I just saw mine and have no idea what to make of it!!anyone still waiting on a decision get this email?
Nellie_011
Full Member
I did. I doubt it means anything though. Its probably because we signed into myusuanyone still waiting on a decision get this email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mce
New Member
Agreed, it's unlikely to be significant it's just odd that this is the first time receiving it when the account's been set up for daysI did. I doubt it means anything though. Its probably because we signed into myusu
OOS rejection yesterday- Washington resident. When I reviewed their criteria the other day, I realized they weigh undergrad/prereq grades as 40% of your app and graduate grades as only like 3%, so I’m not surprised that I was rejected. I had a rough undergrad and my undergrad gpa is 2.83. However, my masters gpa is 3.849 and I have over 12,000 veterinary hours. Just something to consider for those who are applying next year. This is probably not the school for you if you have a low undergrad/prereq gpa, even if you have a graduate degree or large amounts of experience.
Congratulations to those who were accepted!! Cache Valley is a beautiful area
Congratulations to those who were accepted!! Cache Valley is a beautiful area
I submitted on April 14. Haven’t heard of an updated since then.I just submitted last week due to waiting on a LOR and I haven’t heard anything yet. Anyone else submit kinda late and still waiting?
Are you in state or out of state? Maybe it’s good news if we get no news considering they have sent out some rejections?I submitted on April 14. Haven’t heard of an updated since then.
ch0425
New Member
Same here. Submitted the 14th and haven’t heard anything. I’m OOSI submitted on April 14. Haven’t heard of an updated since then.
I submitted April 8 but haven’t heard anything OOS😅
OOS.Are you in state or out of state? Maybe it’s good news if we get no news considering they have sent out some rejections?
brynnapeddy
Full Member
Email them. I emailed last week and 20 min later got a response and then in a separate email got my decision letterSubmitted April 1 IS and still haven’t heard anything
I emailed last week after the rejections went out and they said if I haven’t heard anything it means I’m still being considered. I’ve tried contacting twice since then and no response.Email them. I emailed last week and 20 min later got a response and then in a separate email got my decision letter
brynnapeddy
Full Member
Fingers crossed then! No news is good news for the time beingI emailed last week after the rejections went out and they said if I haven’t heard anything it means I’m still being considered. I’ve tried contacting twice since then and no response.
I would do a lot of things for literally just an estimated timeline
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hopkinsbailey
Full Member
I agree, it feels very unrealistic for an OOS applicant to be able to plan for a move (possibly across the country) in less than 2 months.I would do a lot of things for literally just an estimated timeline
I would do a lot of things for literally just an estimated timeline
Yet people do it every single year!I agree, it feels very unrealistic for an OOS applicant to be able to plan for a move (possibly across the country) in less than 2 months.
For OOSers in limbo, pick 2-3 apartment complexes you'd be okay living at for your first year. If you get the call/email, you can submit an application/sign a lease right away since you've already done the legwork. That's the biggest hurdle in my eyes.
My coworker had a classmate who was pulled off WSU's waitlist a week before classes started. People absolutely move across the country for vet school with less than 2 months of warning. It's stressful, but it's doable.I agree, it feels very unrealistic for an OOS applicant to be able to plan for a move (possibly across the country) in less than 2 months.
This is a great tip! thank you for sharing!Yet people do it every single year!
For OOSers in limbo, pick 2-3 apartment complexes you'd be okay living at for your first year. If you get the call/email, you can submit an application/sign a lease right away since you've already done the legwork. That's the biggest hurdle in my eyes.
Dogter.here.dogter
Full Member
has anyone heard anything this week?
Just got rejected (OOS Nevada) ✌🏼 cycle 2 here I come
Dogter.here.dogter
Full Member
Im sorry to hear that! Good luck in your next cycle!! I just emailed Ryan for an update since I haven’t heard anythingJust got rejected (OOS Nevada) ✌🏼 cycle 2 here I come
Hope they’ll offer some file reviews bc I want the best chances for IS tuition but I know they’re already behind :’)
buffalochicken20
Full Member
OOS offer from MN!!
Did they call you?OOS offer from MN!!
buffalochicken20
Full Member
Yes! And emailDid they call you?
Nellie_011
Full Member
Congrats!! Can I ask when you submitted the Kira portion?OOS offer from MN!!
Can anyone who got accepted share their stats 😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
buffalochicken20
Full Member
April 24thCongrats!! Can I ask when you submitted the Kira portion?
Barff0
New Member
I was contacted on Friday and accepted OOS from Washington! I emailed them that morning asking for an update and they called me a few hours later with an acceptance. I had given up hope because I submitted early and hadn’t heard anything and I had a low GPA from a previous failed college experience but my grades since have been almost flawless and my science gpa is also almost flawless. I am still in shock as I thought it a very long shot I would get accepted.
There is already a discord chat for accepted students. The first year coordinator should send you an invite after acceptanceI made a discord group for accepted students. I thought it would be nice to start connecting 🙂![]()
Discord - Group Chat That’s All Fun & Games
Discord is great for playing games and chilling with friends, or even building a worldwide community. Customize your own space to talk, play, and hang out.discord.gg
Nellie_011
Full Member
congrats!I was contacted on Friday and accepted OOS from Washington! I emailed them that morning asking for an update and they called me a few hours later with an acceptance. I had given up hope because I submitted early and hadn’t heard anything and I had a low GPA from a previous failed college experience but my grades since have been almost flawless and my science gpa is also almost flawless. I am still in shock as I thought it a very long shot I would get accepted.
Who did you email?I was contacted on Friday and accepted OOS from Washington! I emailed them that morning asking for an update and they called me a few hours later with an acceptance. I had given up hope because I submitted early and hadn’t heard anything and I had a low GPA from a previous failed college experience but my grades since have been almost flawless and my science gpa is also almost flawless. I am still in shock as I thought it a very long shot I would get accepted.