Michigan State University c/o 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an email that said that they sent out their first wave of interviews for out of state applications and that my application is still under review.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
A few days before the deadline if I remember correctly

Just got an OOS interview offer via email!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just received my OOS interview invite as well! Super excited! Good luck everyone! :)

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats! I got the sit tight, we're still review OOS apps Have you recieved an acceptance already?
Yes! From the University of Sydney and my fiancé also received a job offer there so the stars aligned for us.

Reactions: 9 users
Just got OOS interview! Congrats everyone else!
My last name starts with Z.
I’m an IL resident.
I submitted VMCAS on August 31st.

Reactions: 8 users
Don’t think they’re going by date of submission because I submitted late August and also got the under-review email (last name starts with K, OOS from MA)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oos interview!!! *edited to include information*
I submitted VMCAS Mid-August
Last name starts with F
California resident

Reactions: 8 users
Nothing yet. OOS applicant from OH. Last name G. Applied September

Reactions: 1 user
Nothing for me either..
OOS applicant from Ontario, Canada. Last name P. Applied in September

Just got OOS interview! Congrats everyone else!
My last name starts with Z.
I’m an IL resident.
I submitted VMCAS on August 31st.

I know it’s completely irrelevant, but my last name starts with a Z and it just made me happy to see you!

Also got a sit-tight email! That's not a no, so here's hoping!!:shrug:
Florida resident
Submitted the day before they were due (oops)
Last name starts with B

Also got the email that @22Parrots is referring to.

CA resident
Submitted 9/17
Last name: D

Reactions: 1 users
Also got a sit-tight email! That's not a no, so here's hoping!!:shrug:
Florida resident
Submitted the day before they were due (oops)
Last name starts with B
Hey Last name B from FL people represent.

Im so happy for @JiuJitsuGirl95 because im happy for anyone from UF making it!

Reactions: 3 users
Haha thank you! Knowing UF they will outright decline me, though.
Best of luck to you!!:)
I love UF's vet school ( if UF admins are watching I love you) but with my undergrad hardships my expectations for a good outcome are pretty low. I'd have a coronary if they sent me an invite.

I can't hype up UFs animal sciences for a masters enough if you are a FL resident. They really prep you for LA work and encourage research.

Got an OOS invite!!!! :soexcited:

Submitted: 9/10
Last name starts with B
California resident

Does anyone have any idea of how many IS and OOS interviews they’re holding this year? I’m curious to know considering they had more apps this year

Reactions: 5 users
OOS interview! Yay!

Submitted: 9/3
NY resident
Last name starts with G.

Good luck to everyone still waiting :)

Reactions: 6 users
Congratulations to everyone who got interviews!! What days were you offered to interview??

Congratulations to everyone who got interviews!! What days were you offered to interview??
Was offered January 11th, 18th, and 21st. Had to fill out google doc with our first and second choice for dates.

Just got an OOS interview!!

application still under review *sigh*

anyone with an interview invite care to share their basic stats??

MSU doesn’t really care about GPA beyond meeting the 3.0 minimum for last 36 and prereq gpa. And they don’t look at gre. Interview invites are based on the rest of your application. So seeing other people’s stats and trying to compare yourself to them won’t really help.

Reactions: 3 users

From MSU website:

‘For the 2018–19 admissions cycle, MMIs will be held:

• November 30, 2018
  • December 7, 2018
  • December 14, 2018
  • January 11, 2019
  • January 18, 2019
  • January 21, 2019
  • February 1, 2019
  • February 8, 2019’

Reactions: 1 users

My GPAs are less than 3.2 in all categories, but as long as GPA was over 3.0 they stopped considering that, as far as I'm aware. Collectively about 12,000 hours of experience in SA, LA, research, wildlife, and government (regulatory medicine and public health).

Yay for a Florida school! Where are my UCF people though ;)
Me for my retakes...was part of the pegasus mascot team. RIP Clemmy you were a good pegasus. May you have all the lays potato chips where you are now.

My GPAs are less than 3.2 in all categories, but as long as GPA was over 3.0 they stopped considering that, as far as I'm aware. Collectively about 12,000 hours of experience in SA, LA, research, wildlife, and government (regulatory medicine and public health).
Same but I have 4k vet...4k animal..500 research. So that makes sense that you would get an invite first, 12k is damn fantastic and your stuff is diverse and varied :D

MSU doesn’t really care about GPA beyond meeting the 3.0 minimum for last 36 and prereq gpa. And they don’t look at gre. Interview invites are based on the rest of your application. So seeing other people’s stats and trying to compare yourself to them won’t really help.
I understand how they select applicants but thanks.

I understand how they select applicants but thanks.
Just making sure since comparing stats literally has no effect on you guessing your chance for an interview. If they don’t choose applicants based on them, there is no reason to ask for them and compare yourself to them and be like “but I have a higher gpa than them!!!!! Why did they hear before me!!!!!!” Asking for stats at schools that don’t consider stats as long as they’re above the minimum just isn’t necessary.*shrug*

Reactions: 4 users
Just making sure since comparing stats literally has no effect on you guessing your chance for an interview. If they don’t choose applicants based on them, there is no reason to ask for them and compare yourself to them and be like “but I have a higher gpa than them!!!!! Why did they hear before me!!!!!!” Asking for stats at schools that don’t consider stats as long as they’re above the minimum just isn’t necessary.*shrug*

Stats also include experiences

it was for the experiences not the GPA since Michigan does not care after a 3.0.

Last edited:
it was for the experiences not the GPA since Michigan does not care after a 3.0. If you don’t have anything relevant to add to the post then just please don’t reply.
Then specify you want experiences. That still isn’t ANYTHING you can judge based on. You don’t know how their specific experiences compare to yours unless you did every single experience right alongside them. Especially since hours aren’t everything for MSU.
And everything I’m saying IS relevant. You can’t figure out everything about how you match someone based on their hours when that isn’t the only thing the school considers about them.

Reactions: 4 users
Then specify you want experiences. That still isn’t ANYTHING you can judge based on. You don’t know how their specific experiences compare to yours unless you did every single experience right alongside them. Especially since hours aren’t everything for MSU.
And everything I’m saying IS relevant. You can’t figure out everything about how you match someone based on their hours when that isn’t the only thing the school considers about them.

You’re wild if you think half of the people on here aren’t here to see how they stack up and what the applicant pool is like.

I understand the temptation to compare yourself to other applicants, but in general it's not going to be very productive. Even comparing experience hours you simply do not get a full picture and you don't know how exactly the school is weighing different things. By all means compare away if you really want to, but you may just find it adds stress so... eh, my two cents.

Congrats to everyone who got an invite and best of luck to everyone still waiting.

Reactions: 15 users
Have a UCF pegasus to brighten your day @22Parrots

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1448645420588.jpg
    FB_IMG_1448645420588.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 66