Midwestern 2024-2025 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn’t ask when interviews were held specifically, but when I called I received confirmation that the interview waitlist is like a traditional waitlist where we won’t be offered an interview unless others decline theirs. If you haven’t been placed on the interview waitlist, I would not be concerned. My guess is that the interview waitlist is for people who did not meet the GPA cutoff, and I say that solely because I am a low GPA applicant and I was placed on the waitlist the day after the VMCAS deadline. I could totally be wrong in my way of thinking, but thats my best guess at the moment.

Darn, I was really hoping it wouldn’t be like that! I’m a lower GPA applicant on the waitlist
 
I didn’t ask when interviews were held specifically, but when I called I received confirmation that the interview waitlist is like a traditional waitlist where we won’t be offered an interview unless others decline theirs. If you haven’t been placed on the interview waitlist, I would not be concerned. My guess is that the interview waitlist is for people who did not meet the GPA cutoff, and I say that solely because I am a low GPA applicant and I was placed on the waitlist the day after the VMCAS deadline. I could totally be wrong in my way of thinking, but thats my best guess at the moment.
Does anyone know what the GPA cutoff typically is?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im so sorry! I know how disappointing that is but just know that all that means is that you are being redirected to the school you are meant to be at! Good luck on all your other applications, I know that you are a worthy candidate! You've got this!
 
do you think they sent out all the rejections today? And if we didn’t get waitlisted or rejected are we getting an interview? Or could they send out more rejections later
 
do you think they sent out all the rejections today? And if we didn’t get waitlisted or rejected are we getting an interview? Or could they send out more rejections later
I think it is still early in the cycle so it's hard to tell. I am sure that there will be more interview waitlists and rejections sent, but hopefully some interview invites will also be sent out soon.
 
I think it is still early in the cycle so it's hard to tell. I am sure that there will be more interview waitlists and rejections sent, but hopefully some interview invites will also be sent out soon.
I still haven’t seen anyone get off the waitlist lol
 
I still haven’t seen anyone get off the waitlist lol

from my understanding people on the waitlist will only be offered an interview if other applicants decline theirs. I called and was told that it was more like a traditional waitlist.
 
Does anyone know of a timeline for midwestern on getting back to us? My app still says “awaiting decision.” Ik it’s super early but if anyone has an idea on when to expect to hear pls lmk!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got an email that I was placed on the interview waitlist. I’ve seen so many of us get that so far but no actual interview invites yet. Has anyone gotten off the waitlist? Does anyone know success from previous years of getting off the waitlist? Maybe they are waiting to send out interview invites until they do a full review of everyone’s applications.
 
I just got an email that I was placed on the interview waitlist. I’ve seen so many of us get that so far but no actual interview invites yet. Has anyone gotten off the waitlist? Does anyone know success from previous years of getting off the waitlist? Maybe they are waiting to send out interview invites until they do a full review of everyone’s applications.

I was reading a few pre-med forums (they use the same interview waitlist system for med students) and it doesn’t seem to be an overly positive thing. Its basically a step above being denied but a step below being offered an interview. From what i’ve read on the forum it means that you’re being considered still, but that they are prioritizing other applicants with better stats. I was also placed on the waitlist so I guess we’ll see what happens!
 
I am SO nervous because I haven’t heard anything from them … and my GPA is NOT competitive at all. My experience and volunteer work are great but grades are absolutely not.
 
I am SO nervous because I haven’t heard anything from them … and my GPA is NOT competitive at all. My experience and volunteer work are great but grades are absolutely not.
I’m in the same position. I can’t stop checking my email and portal for fear of a rejection
 
Hi everyone! First time OOS applicant, I received an email today that I was waitlisted for an interview as well. I did read some threads from last years class and some people were offered an interview late January so I'm hopeful!
Would you mind sharing when you submitted your application? This waiting is so tough, mine still says awaiting status.
 
Hey I just checked my portal and it looks a little different...it used to have 3 checkmarks, 2 completed and one empty. Now the checkmarks are gone and is just says status:awaiting decision. Is this a good or bad thing? Does it even mean anything?
 
Hey I just checked my portal and it looks a little different...it used to have 3 checkmarks, 2 completed and one empty. Now the checkmarks are gone and is just says status:awaiting decision. Is this a good or bad thing? Does it even mean anything?
I've noticed the same change in my portal, although I doubt it means anything as the status remains the same?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey I just checked my portal and it looks a little different...it used to have 3 checkmarks, 2 completed and one empty. Now the checkmarks are gone and is just says status:awaiting decision. Is this a good or bad thing? Does it even mean anything?

I also had the portal change, but I am still on the interview waitlist. It might just be a glitch with their portal.
 
I got the same update on my portal and my heart stopped for a moment because I thought I received a status update. But I haven't heard re: interviews, waitlists, or rejections yet. Hopefully today's the day for some invites!! Fingers crossed for everyone
 
I got the same update on my portal and my heart stopped for a moment because I thought I received a status update. But I haven't heard re: interviews, waitlists, or rejections yet. Hopefully today's the day for some invites!! Fingers crossed for everyone
Nothing yet😭
 
Yeah I am surprised as well! Last year it seemed like they had their first interviews in mid-September. Im worried that I haven't gotten an update yet (i.e., no interview waitlist yet). It makes me feel like either im just rejected or there are delays in the application process this year that are preventing us from hearing back interview invites. Trying to stay positive!
Same here… I am like is this a good thing or a bad thing hahaha
 
Guyss I did some deep digging and found that a student last year said they got invites in October so hopefully soon!
That's what I've been hearing too! But I also saw on the forum (Midwestern c/o 2028) last year that interview invites were already extended in September!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's what I've been hearing too! But I also saw on the forum (Midwestern c/o 2028) last year that interview invites were already extended in September!
I have a friend who is currently a second year at Midwestern and she already was invited in September and had her interview early october, so that’s what I was expecting for this year.
 
I had the same thing happen a few days ago where it kept loading and then failed. But mine is working now!