supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi! I wouldn’t worry just yet. I know last year they did that to a lot of people automatically and then updated it. It could be for a number of reasons. I was waitlisted last year and they sent out an attachment letter with it. So, if they didn’t do that, I doubt it’s an official waitlisting notice. Keep your head up and best of luck!!Hello, I receievd the email from Midwestern stating my application was received. My question is I applied last year and was waitlisted for an interview and my status already says waitlisted for an interview does that mean I've already been waitlisted again for this cycle or is it a glitch from last cycle? 🙁
Hello, I received an email a week ago saying my VMCAS application was received (its verified) and a link to set up my applicant portal, the email stated to give 3-5 days to see an application status update on my application, and the status still says awaiting decision. Should I have seen something by now, or is “awaiting decision” normal at this point in the cycle? First time applying to Midwestern CVMThis thread is for discussing applications to Midwestern University College of Veterinary Medicine in the 2025-2026 (class of 2030 hopefuls) cycle.
awaiting decision will be there until your acceptance/rejection letter is posted. at least, that's how it was last cycleHello, I received an email a week ago saying my VMCAS application was received (its verified) and a link to set up my applicant portal, the email stated to give 3-5 days to see an application status update on my application, and the status still says awaiting decision. Should I have seen something by now, or is “awaiting decision” normal at this point in the cycle? First time applying to Midwestern CVM
No they do not have any supplementals. You just apply through VMCAS and wait to hear from them.Does Midwestern not have a supplemental application?
I have not gotten any updates or emails. Mine still says "awaiting decision".I got an email this evening stating that my application portal was updated. Anyone else?
🤞I have not, has anyone else??Did anyone receive any updates or an interview yet?
I have not, has anyone else??
Nothing yetDid anyone receive any updates or an interview yet?
When did you send your application?I received an interview invitation e-mail 10/16, but didn't see anything in the application portal that they send you to about scheduling the interview, so I e-mailed them, and they said the interview invitation e-mails were sent out before the schedule was made available to us and that it should be made available in about a week. That was 12 days ago. Still waiting for the schedule to be released!
Pretty sure it says “awaiting decision” for all applicants until they get an interview offer or a rejection. Sometimes Midwestern will accept students without interview but that’s only a select number of applicants. Majority must interview before a decision it made. Arizona MWU is where Midwestern vet school is.. not sure if that answered your question?This could be a really dumb question... But if the status says awaiting decision do we think that means no interview necessary? Also I applied for the Arizona MWU and wonder if it is different or what (this could also be a dumb assumption).
Good luck to everyone!
"they said the interview invitation e-mails were sent out before the schedule was made.." Does that mean most interview invites have already been released?I received an interview invitation e-mail 10/16, but didn't see anything in the application portal that they send you to about scheduling the interview, so I e-mailed them, and they said the interview invitation e-mails were sent out before the schedule was made available to us and that it should be made available in about a week. That was 12 days ago. Still waiting for the schedule to be released!
Mine says "awaiting decision." I submitted 9/14.Anyone else's portal still say " Awaiting Decision"? I submitted August 17th and was verified immediately. I'm worried hearing that some people have already gotten interview invites.
Mines says the same.Anyone else's portal still say " Awaiting Decision"? I submitted August 17th and was verified immediately. I'm worried hearing that some people have already gotten interview invites.
Nope nothing at all!! It’s driving me crazy lolHas anyone gotten any interview invites or updates?
Nope!Has anyone gotten any interview invites or updates?
I got offered an interview last year but I literally never was able to log on and secure a spot for it. All the slots were apparently full every time I logged on. It eventually just changed my status to “waitlisted for interview” and that’s what my application says this year. I’m very confused 🫠Anyone else got an email ~1 month ago saying they’re invited to interview but then you can’t even schedule the interview, so you waited until they fixed it. But now they sent an update saying that your application is denied!?
Did you email them for a follow up? I still haven't heard from them.Anyone else got an email ~1 month ago saying they’re invited to interview but then you can’t even schedule the interview, so you waited until they fixed it. But now they sent an update saying that your application is denied!?
I emailed them a few days ago, still haven’t heard back.Did you email them for a follow up? I still haven't heard from them.
Are you getting email notifications that your portal had an update? Or are you just checking periodically?my status changed to “deny”
No explanation given 🙄
I got an email saying my portal had an updateAre you getting email notifications that your portal had an update? Or are you just checking periodically?
OOS Acceptance!!! Called at 10:13 AM ESTD Did you receive any email showing a change in status or just a phone call this morning? Congratulations 🎊
congrats!!!🥳🥳 did you receive any portal update prior to this??OOS Acceptance!!! They gave me a call at 7:30 AM PST.
Thank you!! No portal update, just a phone callcongrats!!!🥳🥳 did you receive any portal update prior to this??
Congratulations! When was your interview?Thank you!! No portal update, just a phone call
Thank you! I did not have an interviewCongratulations! When was your interview?
623What was the area code of the phone call ?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.