Midwestern CPG (Glendale, AZ) Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So badly =( It was my top choice from the beginning, hence the reason I started this thread. But I really screwed up during the interview on accident cuz so many things were happening to me at the time. How about you?

Used to be, but now I guess not so badly. I guess it would be great to get in, if not I'll live and go to the one in Chicago haha. Maybe it's destiny after all.

Members don't see this ad.

Just fyi guys, I wouldn't give up hope yet. I was just pulled off the alternate list this morning. Obviously I have no way of telling how many people will be pulled off the list, but I think there are a lot of students who are accepted into midwestern and another school who will be making that choice the next couple weeks. Good luck to all you guys still waiting.

Members don't see this ad :)
I very reluctantly withdrew my spot from Midwestern just a second ago, and I hope someone who really wants it gets it! Good Luck!!

I very reluctantly withdrew my spot from Midwestern just a second ago, and I hope someone who really wants it gets it! Good Luck!!

What is your reason for doing so?

Just fyi guys, I wouldn't give up hope yet. I was just pulled off the alternate list this morning. Obviously I have no way of telling how many people will be pulled off the list, but I think there are a lot of students who are accepted into midwestern and another school who will be making that choice the next couple weeks. Good luck to all you guys still waiting.

Did they call you to let u know or wat?

I really loved Midwestern-Glendale, but I got accepted to my in-state school and tuition is only $10/k a year. Midwestern was just too expensive for me, and I didn't like that they expanded their class size to 150 students. It is a great location and nice that it's a 3 yr program though!

I am looking for a roommate or two, I have
apartment lined up at adobe ridge (3mi from school) Its a 2 bed 2 bath
and my roommate and I are sharing a room to keep the rent low. We are
looking for a 3rd person to rent the other room or if you have someone
you want to share with that is cool as well. I have a cat that...... has
to come with me its not negotiable, it also does not like other cats.
We are looking for a roommate that is female, doesn't smoke, and
preferably does not drink(at least not at the apartment anyway I don't
care if someone goes out I just don't want alcohol in the apartment).
Dogs are not allowed at adobe ridge and I can't live with them anyways.
The rent is 840(taxes included) if you want the master bed/bath you
will pay 1/2 the rent and 1/3 the utilities. If you want the smaller
bedroom the rent will be less than that. I have already covered the
deposit and application fees, also you will not be responsible for any
cost of the cat.

Today is a great day. I just got off the waiting list. Big thank you goes out to Greekgirl who declined her spot. THANKS!! I am an older guy in my 30's from Jersey with a sketchy academic past but went back to school for pharmacy and got straight A's and a 96 composite on the PCAT's. But, still, I was waitlisted at every school I interviewed at because of my past.

I am so excited. I hope those who are on the waitlist get off of it. Good luck and I'll see those who are accepted in June.

All of the above--first I saw the email and went bananas. My mom and gf were in tears of joy together because it's been such an incredibly long and difficult road for me that has been full of pain and financial suffering for the 10 years since initially graduating from college.

Then, an hour later, Dr. Dietrich (sp?) called me and that was cool too. Then, I checked the portal and the accepted student checklist WAS FINALLY THERE after checking it like 3 times a week for 4 long months--I interviewed on December 17th.

That's all I know and that's all I can tell you. I've been so depressed that I haven't bothered checking this particular forum for about 3 months-- until now. I just couldn't stand the pain of everyone celebrating an acceptance while I suffered yet another disappointment in my life that I'm so used to and numb to at this point.

This has been such an oddity of success in my life since noon today that I really don't know how to react. I'm just grateful as hell that I've been given this opportunity.

Members don't see this ad :)
All of the above--first I saw the email and went bananas. My mom and gf were in tears of joy together because it's been such an incredibly long and difficult road for me that has been full of pain and financial suffering for the 10 years since initially graduating from college.

Then, an hour later, Dr. Dietrich (sp?) called me and that was cool too. Then, I checked the portal and the accepted student checklist WAS FINALLY THERE after checking it like 3 times a week for 4 long months--I interviewed on December 17th.

That's all I know and that's all I can tell you. I've been so depressed that I haven't bothered checking this particular forum for about 3 months-- until now. I just couldn't stand the pain of everyone celebrating an acceptance while I suffered yet another disappointment in my life that I'm so used to and numb to at this point.

This has been such an oddity of success in my life since noon today that I really don't know how to react. I'm just grateful as hell that I've been given this opportunity.

Good for you!!! Congrats!! :)

I'll be declining my spot ASAP as well! Good luck to all those still waiting, and don't lose hope!

Sheva20: Aww.. I am deeply happy, excited and inspired to hear about your success story. You deserve every bit of happiness and celebration with loved ones now. Thanks for sharing with us. :) Best wishes for the future :)

Thanks for the luck, smartguyrx. :)

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I just declined my spot for MWU-CPG recently. I hope my spot goes to one of yall. Good luck everyone! :)

Hey everyone, I just declined my spot for MWU-CPG recently. I hope my spot goes to one of yall. Good luck everyone! :)

Congrats on your acceptance! I'm just curious as to where did you decide to attend?

and to Sheva20: I'm really happy for you!! :) I can literally feel the joy after reading your post..hahah

Last edited:
Hey all, I got pulled off the alt list this morning, which made me really happy just because I'm 3-3 as far as interviews and acceptances go, but I'm pretty much committed to Chicago.

I am going to think it over tonight, but will probably be declining my seat in the morning. Hope one of you gets it!

Hey all, I got pulled off the alt list this morning, which made me really happy just because I'm 3-3 as far as interviews and acceptances go, but I'm pretty much committed to Chicago.

I am going to think it over tonight, but will probably be declining my seat in the morning. Hope one of you gets it!

nice! thanks for giving up your spot. how many days do they let you make your decision? (for alternatives who were pulled off the list) 2 days?

I have until the 21st, so 7 days, to make my decision. I was sad I missed the call, but I was given a very nice email/voicemail about my admission. I will not wait until then to make a decision though, because I know how much waiting sucks.

I am just sleeping on it to make sure I have no regrets and know I'm making the right decision. My friend that's a P1 at CPG wanted to talk it over with me too, so after our discussion I'll make my final choice, but I think everyone agrees (and most importantly I agree) that I would be happier at CCP

I have until the 21st, so 7 days, to make my decision. I was sad I missed the call, but I was given a very nice email/voicemail about my admission. I will not wait until then to make a decision though, because I know how much waiting sucks.

I am just sleeping on it to make sure I have no regrets and know I'm making the right decision. My friend that's a P1 at CPG wanted to talk it over with me too, so after our discussion I'll make my final choice, but I think everyone agrees (and most importantly I agree) that I would be happier at CCP

well good luck where ever you're headed! about the "voice" message that you were given, was that your cell phone or home phone? I totally forgot whether we had to enter our cell phone anywhere in our application. I am never around to answer the home phone...but im still praying for an acceptance. :xf:

well good luck where ever you're headed! about the "voice" message that you were given, was that your cell phone or home phone? I totally forgot whether we had to enter our cell phone anywhere in our application. I am never around to answer the home phone...but im still praying for an acceptance. :xf:

It was on my cell phone, but I didn't list any other numbers on my application. To be honest I don't even know my home phone number lol. I never answer the home phone, even when I'm at home. I think they will just call you on your preferred number?

Good luck man!

Goodbye alternate list! Looks like the odyssey is about to go to the next level. I just received the call from Dr. Dietrich, on my cell, that he'd like me to incur about $120K+ in debt over the next three years. I'm numb and my wife is crying, life is good. I hope the rest of my fellow alternate listers get the call as well.

Can someone who is not planning on going please reject as soon as u can, so waiters can have their chances :laugh:

Can someone who is not planning on going please reject as soon as u can, so waiters can have their chances :laugh:

Haha I feel ya. Do you have a back up school at least? Good luck :)

I got in; found out yesterday. I'm so happy. I wish everyone still waiting the best of luck; I know how hard waiting is, but there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

Good gracious. People are getting accepted left and right. I'm going no where /sniff. How did u find out? At what time did he call u if in fact he called u.

Good gracious. People are getting accepted left and right. I'm going no where /sniff. How did u find out? At what time did he call u if in fact he called u.

Dont worry there are a few of us still hanging out with you on the list. :) There were 4 people who dropped last week, and a few more this week. Any idea on how long the list was?

Dont worry there are a few of us still hanging out with you on the list. :) There were 4 people who dropped last week, and a few more this week. Any idea on how long the list was?

The list is in the low 90's by now but with only a handful of seats left, our chances are slim.

LoL! low 90s eh? Good bye Midwestern!

i got in; found out yesterday. I'm so happy. I wish everyone still waiting the best of luck; i know how hard waiting is, but there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

that is awesome congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

Got my e-mail today. I'm off the waitlist. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting, hang in there.

Hi everyone!

So after waiting until the last minute, I've finally decided to begin my apt. hunting. Besides Sage Stone, are there any other places that you would recommend? I'm looking at a 3 bed/2 bath unit and the price is around ~$410 for 3 persons (not set since the person who wants the master bedroom w/own bathroom will have to pay a bit more...) +1/3 utility. The apt. is 0.6 miles from school (it takes 2 minutes to get to school by car and 10 minutes by walking).

Also (hehehe, actually this is the important part), I am looking for potential roommates (total of 2), so if you're female, not OCD, but neat when the needs arise, PM me! I'm an easy person to live with so no need to worry~ However, if you are... I can have my undergraduate roommates write a letter of recommendation :D.

[Here are some amenities that will hopefully lure you in: garage, pool, walk-in closets (oh yes, we do love our closet space), built-in bookshelves & desks, patio/balcony, picnic are w/ BBQ grill...] [Here's the floor plan: http://www.nals.com/DMS/C1_ZINNIA_color-1.jpg]

*Ahem* Thanks for reading! And...
*Bows* Please take care of me ^^.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

So after waiting until the last minute, I've finally decided to begin my apt. hunting. Besides Sage Stone, are there any other places that you would recommend? I'm looking at a 3 bed/2 bath unit and the price is around ~$410 for 3 persons (not set since the person who wants the master bedroom w/own bathroom will have to pay a bit more...) +1/3 utility. The apt. is 0.6 miles from school (it takes 2 minutes to get to school by car and 10 minutes by walking).

Also (hehehe, actually this is the important part), I am looking for potential roommates (total of 2), so if you're female, not OCD, but neat when the needs arise, PM me! I'm an easy person to live with so no need to worry~ However, if you are... I can have my undergraduate roommates write a letter of recommendation :D.

[Here are some amenities that will hopefully lure you in: garage, pool, walk-in closets (oh yes, we do love our closet space), built-in bookshelves & desks, patio/balcony, picnic are w/ BBQ grill...] [Here's the floor plan: http://www.nals.com/DMS/C1_ZINNIA_color-1.jpg]

You were in the first interview group right? Did you get accepted. If so congratz

Will you be attending Regis or CPG?

Well right now, I think it would be unwise to choose a pre-candidate school (Regis) over a fully accredited program (CPG)... So I am about 95% sure i will be attending CPG. :cool:

You were in the first interview group right? Did you get accepted. If so congratz

Yes ^^. How did you know?

I'm finally committed to AZ after finding out that I got waitlisted for my #1 school (UT - Austin). CPG was my #1.5 so I'm still supper happy!!! At least I'll save moving expenses? (since I'm from SoCal)

Hi everyone!

I'm moving into Sage Stone May 29th! Got a 1 bedroom unit, didn't visit the place...just looked at pictures online and read reviews. Did you get to see the place? What did you think?

Yes ^^. How did you know?

I'm finally committed to AZ after finding out that I got waitlisted for my #1 school (UT - Austin). CPG was my #1.5 so I'm still supper happy!!! At least I'll save moving expenses? (since I'm from SoCal)

I remembered the name, you and I spoke a alot at midwestern during the interview. PM me if you have a facebook and I will be sure to add you, and i am sure you'll remember me when you see my name its hard to forget. If your moving here you might want to think about Deer Creek Village, me and a few other students are living here and we can all carpool and study together at home instead of school lol. Its also alot cheaper than the apartments near campus. Pm me if you have any questions about the place too.

Regarding financial aid, it says there is an "apply for aid" link at the department of education website - where we have to sign a new stafford or Gradplus MPN - I'm not sure what website and where that link is... could someone please help? Thanks.

I'm moving into Sage Stone May 29th! Got a 1 bedroom unit, didn't visit the place...just looked at pictures online and read reviews. Did you get to see the place? What did you think?

Really? That's fast! I want to move in on that day too... I haven't looked at the place yet. The website has such beautiful pictures and descriptions, huh? The location of the apt. is so nice though... I'll just be walking to class everyday!

@luke: Where's Deer Creek Village? (I sent you a PM)

@swtcloud: yay! roomie~~~ that's one down and one to go... >_>

@ autumnsteps: To complete/start your MPN, you have to do it through here: https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action. You can complete the required Entrance Counseling & the MPNs here.