This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PalakElizMar

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
GRE: V=151, Q=152, W=4.5
GPA: 3.91, Major: Health Science/Minor: Chemistry
Hours in PT experience: 150+
Worked as an assistant for 1 year with medical school professor who teaches rheumatology.
Gone on 2 medical mission trips to Nicaragua and Dominican Republic.
Volunteer experiences, Global Medical Training Co-president, Habitat for Humanity volunteer trip, neuroscience research experience, the whole 9 yards...
Fluent in 2 languages other than English.

But, will my low GRE score hinder my chances of getting into places like UW-Madison, Midwestern University Downer's Grove, Rutgers, Drexel, Univ of IL-Chicago, Univ of Southern Cali?

Members don't see this ad.

Relax,

It may not help you, but your other stuff is solid. Like "get you an interview" solid. Once you get the interview then they are just going to try to gauge whether you are a good fit or not. Your application stats are trying to get you the interview. From there it's up to you to make an impression and impress some people on why you belong.

Also you have time to take it again. I know it's expensive and a huge pain to take, but always an option to play it safe.

That was my second time taking it. I haven't really improved. But thank you for the insight!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Your in good position. Just ace your interviews.

That was my second time taking it. I haven't really improved. But thank you for the insight!!!

I know this is also an expensive option, but my friend and I both took a GRE prep course and it really helped both of us with our scores. Of course, we still had to put in the work to prepare for the test, but the course was helpful in the sense that it helped us better understand how to approach the question and how to select the correct answer.

I know this is also an expensive option, but my friend and I both took a GRE prep course and it really helped both of us with our scores. Of course, we still had to put in the work to prepare for the test, but the course was helpful in the sense that it helped us better understand how to approach the question and how to select the correct answer.
I thought about a class, but I have to work, take two summer classes, and shadow to keep up with UTDallas' requirements of 250 hours. I am talking to my advisor this week about my options and how to tackle the next couple of months before PTCAS opens. Thank you for your advice!

Your GRE score is fine. I got into UIC's DPT program for this coming Fall semester. The admissions lady told me that anything over 300 is good. So, you are good. =)

Your GRE score is fine. I got into UIC's DPT program for this coming Fall semester. The admissions lady told me that anything over 300 is good. So, you are good. =)
Thank you! I was told the same from the lady at Midwestern!

Worked as an assistant for 1 year with medical school professor who teaches rheumatology.
Volunteer experiences, Global Medical Training Co-president, Habitat for Humanity volunteer trip, neuroscience research experience, the whole 9 yards...

But, will my low GRE score hinder my chances of getting into places like UW-Madison, Midwestern University Downer's Grove, Rutgers, Drexel, Univ of IL-Chicago, Univ of Southern Cali?
you will get in easily EASILY just do at least average in your interview, it is one on one and very informal so do not stress.

Relax,

It may not help you, but your other stuff is solid. Like "get you an interview" solid. Once you get the interview then they are just going to try to gauge whether you are a good fit or not. Your application stats are trying to get you the interview. From there it's up to you to make an impression and impress some people.

Not entirely true. If you remember, they interview about 4 times the amount of people they plan to accept. I know for a fact I was a rockstar in more than one of my 10 different interviews yet many would turn me down due to my stats because others interviewed great as well. At this point, it all comes down to your numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Not entirely true. If you remember, they interview about 4 times the amount of people they plan to accept. I know for a fact I was a rockstar in more than one of my 10 different interviews yet many would turn me down due to my stats because others interviewed great as well. At this point, it all comes down to your numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Depends on the school. The schools I interviewed at received about 400 applications, chose to interview about 100, and accepted about 40-50. So once an interview was received it's a 50/50 shot.

Not sure about the other schools but you should be good for UIC! I also had a similar GRE score and got accepted into UIC for this upcoming fall! Your experience usually can make up for everything else. I got an interview for Midwestern but chose not to attend it. So I agree with others, if you get an interview, try to make a good impression! :)