Minnesota 2013! Who's applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
😳

From their website

Applicants that are invited to campus for an interview will have their admissions decision based on stages two and three of the review process. The academic record (grades and GRE results) will not play a role in the final admissions decision.
 
For people that were accepted previously, was it a "small letter" or a "big letter" when you got it? I just want to prepare myself!


The consensus here in the student lounge by a bunch of sleep deprived, over studied 1st years was that our letters were big.
 
Thanks--I have heard you get a "big" letter for waitlist or acceptance. I am hoping for that! I think we should get them next week. Best of luck to everyone--
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The vet that I ride with told me that she heard about another girl who got a rejection letter yesterday. I haven't heard of anyone else receiving anything but this girl...so I don't know...but I thought I would just post it. I haven't heard anything and both of us are IS.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE AND HOPEFULLY SEE YOU THIS FALL 🙂
 
Aaahhh nooooooo!

I thought I had another week until I had to yet again live in fear of the mailbox. Hellppppppppp! 😱 I REALLY want to go to MN, even though it is OS for me and I do admitttedly have other options.

Kai
 
I know what you mean Caninerepro!! When my vet told me that I called my mom (because that is where the letter will be sent) and asked frantically if anything was there...but saddly no 🙁 I didn't mean to freak anyone out, but I just wanted to let people know what I had heard!! 🙂 My mom keeps telling me: "No news is good news"
 
Waiting is awful, I keep going over my interview in my head and wishing it had gone a little better!
 
I got my IS rejection in the mail today...totally floored me because I was totally confident I was getting in. Apparently I was wrong! I didn't even get waitlisted 🙁 Congrats to all of you that got in though!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know that I don't post very often (I usually just observe), but I recieved my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday!!! 🙂 I look forward to meeting all of my fellow c/o 2013 classmates, and to those who were not selected this app cycle just remember to keep your head up and continue working hard. Your time will come as I know this from personal experience!
 
Waiting is awful, I keep going over my interview in my head and wishing it had gone a little better!


I know it's impossible NOT to think about the interview, but I really felt like I did horrible in my interview this year! I felt like I completely blanked on a couple questions and that I hadn't conveyed all the information I had wanted to convey, but apparently I didn't do as horribly as I thought I did! Think positively, you probably did much better than you think you did!

:xf:
 
Haha, thanks, I'm sure you're right about that. It's funny though, I keep thinking "I shouldn't have taken a sip of the bottle of water they gave me!!! Now I'm going to be rejected!" :laugh:
 
Ha! I think I sucked down most of that water bottle during the interview!!! I'm surprised I made it through without having to stop to go pee!!! :laugh: Those questions they asked where I just blanked out, I'd grab for a drink of water instead of sitting there like "ummmm...." 🙄
 
Hey Congrats you all that have got accepted!! I just got my letter (normal envelope) that said that I was #3 on the waitlist! Hopefully 3 people don't want their spots!!! 🙂 I saw that it was a normal letter and thought that it was forsure a rejection letter!!!
 
Congrats to everyone who got acceptance letters. I am on the waiting list too...I am disappointed about that but hopeful I will still make it!
 
Bordercollies that is great! YOu will probably get in if you are only #3! When I was there for my interview one of the students there said she was #16 IS on waitlist and got in! Here's to hoping OOS for me and everyone else! Good luck to you as well BlackASB 🙂
 
Bordercollies that is great! YOu will probably get in if you are only #3! When I was there for my interview one of the students there said she was #16 IS on waitlist and got in! Here's to hoping OOS for me and everyone else! Good luck to you as well BlackASB 🙂

Thank you so much!! Gave me more hope that I might get in!! 😀 Good luck to you too!!! I hope the news you hear is GREAT news!!!!! Good Luck everyone!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have faith DocDVMD! I bet a lot of OOS will decline for in state schools! You never know. Don't give up! Hopefully, you got in somewhere else so at least you know you are def. going somewhere! I am hoping for you. 🙂
 
Yeah, I got my first acceptance (UIUC) today in the mail too!! So I'm HAPPY! And I also think alternate lists will move a lot this year cause of the economy.
 
OMG YAY! Did you just get it now?!!!! Well, you now are going somewhere...that is wonderful! Is that school in Illinois? I can't check the mail until about 10pm tonight.---ughhh
 
Ugh, my mail does not come until the afternoon, plus I cannot get home until 5:00 anyhow, I have to teach that damn dissection class. It is going to be a LONG day. 🙁 If the letter does not come today...... 😱😱😱

Kai
 
Super duper huge congrats Doc! I knew you'd be successful! Sounds like you'll probably have at least 2 options this fall! 👍
 
Yay thanks Ben and Me!! I'm so excited. Did you hear from NC State yet? (haha semi-hijack)

So exciting to hear about everyone's good news. Mistoffeles, we're gonna be vets so whatever! 😛
 
Alas no...but I've been distracting myself by looking at (insanely expensive) housing options in Philly...instead of studying, of course.
 
:banana: DANCING BANANAS! I DID IT!

I've been freaking out (as I'm sure you all understand) for daays about the mail coming. So much so that I coerced a friend into sitting at my apartment all day and waiting for my mail. She kept not answering my calls. I was convinced it was a small envelope and she just couldn't break the news.

Then she answered! She said "nothing here but a cosmo" (the magazine, don't judge me). Then about 30 min later she walks into the lab where I work and hands me the magazine. I laughed and said "I was really hoping that would be a letter from Minnesota"... and she said...

"LIKE THIS!" and pulled out the big envelope from behind her back. It was wonderful. :soexcited: <--- that's what I looked like when I saw it.
 
Just got my mail--OOS waitlist too! I think I'll probably be turning down my spot, so hopefully that will help some folks out when the updated waitlist ranking comes on April 15!

Still nada from NC State...Oh well...Just wasn't meant to be!
 
That's ok, Penn is an okay school 🙄 I understand the pain of having to shell out the big bucks for OOS though, but it'll be nice for both of us to have a change of pace! Everything works out for the best.
 
Thank you so much!! Gave me more hope that I might get in!! 😀 Good luck to you too!!! I hope the news you hear is GREAT news!!!!! Good Luck everyone!!

I second that- your odds are good! 🙂 I know for a fact that it went AT LEAST down to number 14 last year! :xf:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all.
First of all, congratulations to all of you! I just wanted to send a little note of encouragement for those on the waitlist. I'm not sure how far into the OOS waitlist they went last year, but I know the IS waitlist went until #13. In fact, she was called the second day of orientation. I was #8 IS and Larry called me on June 19th (not that I know the exact date or anything).

So, keep your heads up!!!!
 
Hi all.
First of all, congratulations to all of you! I just wanted to send a little note of encouragement for those on the waitlist. I'm not sure how far into the OOS waitlist they went last year, but I know the IS waitlist went until #13. In fact, she was called the second day of orientation. I was #8 IS and Larry called me on June 19th (not that I know the exact date or anything).

So, keep your heads up!!!!

My bad! 😳 Someone in your class told me she met #14 who was called during orientation- she must have been mistaken! Either way, someone who's #3 has a great chance! :luck:
 
I'm 15th on the OOS waitlist and it is very likely that I will decline the waitlist spot as I already have 3 other acceptances.

hope this helps someone! 🙄
 
I got accepted OOS today 🙂. Congrats everyone. I'm almost certain I will be going to Ohio, so this will make the waitlist move 🙂. But im still thinking it over
 
Thanks for the info you guys!!! I have been checking some old posts on how far the waitlist for IS went last year. 🙂 I am not someone who can just wait, so I creep around looking for all the info I can get! :laugh:

Congrats TurnandBurn on getting accepted!! I am sure that must feel really good to be accepted!!!!😀