Mississippi State c/o 2024

Started by MSM1444
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MSM1444

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haven't seen a 2024 thread for Mississippi State yet so I wanted to get one started. Seems like they stay quiet from VMCAS deadline until the Friday before Christmas when they start sending out emails for interview invites and rejections. This is my second application cycle but first time applicant to Mississippi.
 
Received an email late Tuesday from MSU basically saying initial review of application is good to go and it has moved onto committee review.

Also said: Here’s what you can expect with our timeline moving forward:
  • All applications will be reviewed during the Fall 2019 semester
  • Decisions regarding interviews should be made by early December
    • Emails will be sent by mid-December indicating whether each applicant has been invited to interview
    • Not all applicants are invited for interviews, but an interview is required to continue in our admissions process
  • All interviews will be held on campus during the first two weeks of February at Mississippi State University’s Wise Center
  • Final admissions decisions should be made within two weeks after all interviews have been completed
    • Emails will be sent to each applicant notifying them of a decision
    • Applicants have until April 15th to accept a position
To provide you with some context about our process, we received 1,524 applications last year and interviewed 328 applicants. We had an entering class of 96 students with an average GPA of 3.60. For this year, we have received 1,236 applications and plan to invite approximately 370 students to interview.

Sounds promising - Less applications and more interview invites than last year! That's what I'm talking about Mississippi!:claps:
 
Received an email late Tuesday from MSU basically saying initial review of application is good to go and it has moved onto committee review.

Also said: Here’s what you can expect with our timeline moving forward:
  • All applications will be reviewed during the Fall 2019 semester
  • Decisions regarding interviews should be made by early December
    • Emails will be sent by mid-December indicating whether each applicant has been invited to interview
    • Not all applicants are invited for interviews, but an interview is required to continue in our admissions process
  • All interviews will be held on campus during the first two weeks of February at Mississippi State University’s Wise Center
  • Final admissions decisions should be made within two weeks after all interviews have been completed
    • Emails will be sent to each applicant notifying them of a decision
    • Applicants have until April 15th to accept a position
To provide you with some context about our process, we received 1,524 applications last year and interviewed 328 applicants. We had an entering class of 96 students with an average GPA of 3.60. For this year, we have received 1,236 applications and plan to invite approximately 370 students to interview.

Sounds promising - Less applications and more interview invites than last year! That's what I'm talking about Mississippi!:claps:

Thanks for posting! I haven’t gotten anything yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They emailed me a week ago letting me know that they’re in the final stages of completing reviews before forwarding applications to the admissions committee. I wouldn’t be too worried about not getting an email.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Our ADS Department is in the vet school, and I can assure you that they are working steadily through everything! Every day when I pass by the admissions office, everyone is in the conference room talking around computers! Scary and exciting!
 
The last I heard from them was October, & they said the same things you guys have talked about for the interview decisions.
 
Hey everyone,
I am part of the class of 2023 at MSU CVM and just wanted to let you guys know that admissions process will be slightly different this year because of new staff in admissions department. Nothing bad but if you see something in threads from years past regarding the process, the same may not apply this year. I absolutely love this school and work extremely close with admissions so if you have any questions, let me know! Hope to see all of you at interviews soon! Best of luck 🙂
 
Hey everyone,
I am part of the class of 2023 at MSU CVM and just wanted to let you guys know that admissions process will be slightly different this year because of new staff in admissions department. Nothing bad but if you see something in threads from years past regarding the process, the same may not apply this year. I absolutely love this school and work extremely close with admissions so if you have any questions, let me know! Hope to see all of you at interviews soon! Best of luck 🙂
Forever missing Missy 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does Mississippi send invites all at once or rolling?

Looked through the 2023 thread and it appears they sent interview invites and rejections all on the same day, 12/21. Not sure if they’ll do it the same or differently this year ... they may have had to send them all out that day last year because it was so close to Christmas? 🤔
 
OOS Interview! We are supposed to reply to their email with an email accepting and preferred dates right? No link we have to click?
 
Any idea how many interviews vs. applicants? It states that
  • Registration (including photos and lab coat sizing)
do all the schools do this? Or are they more selective on their interview choices?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
alright I'll be the one to ask 😆 -- are interview invites coming out in waves based on last name? Mine starts with S and I did not receive an email yet (EST in OH, about an hour behind Miss. state)
 
alright I'll be the one to ask 😆 -- are interview invites coming out in waves based on last name? Mine starts with S and I did not receive an email yet (EST in OH, about an hour behind MSU)

they might be coming out in waves, but I don’t think by last name. I’m from PA and my last name starts with T, and I received mine around 6:00