Mississippi State c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MSM1444

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen a 2024 thread for Mississippi State yet so I wanted to get one started. Seems like they stay quiet from VMCAS deadline until the Friday before Christmas when they start sending out emails for interview invites and rejections. This is my second application cycle but first time applicant to Mississippi.

Members don't see this ad.

Received an email late Tuesday from MSU basically saying initial review of application is good to go and it has moved onto committee review.

Also said: Here’s what you can expect with our timeline moving forward:
  • All applications will be reviewed during the Fall 2019 semester
  • Decisions regarding interviews should be made by early December
    • Emails will be sent by mid-December indicating whether each applicant has been invited to interview
    • Not all applicants are invited for interviews, but an interview is required to continue in our admissions process
  • All interviews will be held on campus during the first two weeks of February at Mississippi State University’s Wise Center
  • Final admissions decisions should be made within two weeks after all interviews have been completed
    • Emails will be sent to each applicant notifying them of a decision
    • Applicants have until April 15th to accept a position
To provide you with some context about our process, we received 1,524 applications last year and interviewed 328 applicants. We had an entering class of 96 students with an average GPA of 3.60. For this year, we have received 1,236 applications and plan to invite approximately 370 students to interview.

Sounds promising - Less applications and more interview invites than last year! That's what I'm talking about Mississippi!:claps:

Reactions: 2 users
Received an email late Tuesday from MSU basically saying initial review of application is good to go and it has moved onto committee review.

Also said: Here’s what you can expect with our timeline moving forward:
  • All applications will be reviewed during the Fall 2019 semester
  • Decisions regarding interviews should be made by early December
    • Emails will be sent by mid-December indicating whether each applicant has been invited to interview
    • Not all applicants are invited for interviews, but an interview is required to continue in our admissions process
  • All interviews will be held on campus during the first two weeks of February at Mississippi State University’s Wise Center
  • Final admissions decisions should be made within two weeks after all interviews have been completed
    • Emails will be sent to each applicant notifying them of a decision
    • Applicants have until April 15th to accept a position
To provide you with some context about our process, we received 1,524 applications last year and interviewed 328 applicants. We had an entering class of 96 students with an average GPA of 3.60. For this year, we have received 1,236 applications and plan to invite approximately 370 students to interview.

Sounds promising - Less applications and more interview invites than last year! That's what I'm talking about Mississippi!:claps:

Thanks for posting! I haven’t gotten anything yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Will be my undergrad alma mater in May! OOS applicant. Starkville is the best place in the world!

Reactions: 1 user
They emailed me a week ago letting me know that they’re in the final stages of completing reviews before forwarding applications to the admissions committee. I wouldn’t be too worried about not getting an email.

Did anybody get a email from admissions today??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did they send out today? I havent gotten anything *cue stress

It was a email saying I was moved to committee review. I thought this was rather late, and was wondering if was a mass email.

It was a email saying I was moved to committee review. I thought this was rather late, and was wondering if was a mass email.

Guess they send those out in waves! I got that email back on 10/08/19

Members don't see this ad :)
I assumed. I was wondering why I hadn’t heard back in a while.

Nice! They said December is when we should hear back regarding interviews. Good luck to you! :)

Exciting! Hopefully we’ll all receive status updates soon!

Phew, got the email this morning that I made it to committee review!

They must be sending them out in waves, I got mine 10/22

Our ADS Department is in the vet school, and I can assure you that they are working steadily through everything! Every day when I pass by the admissions office, everyone is in the conference room talking around computers! Scary and exciting!

Reactions: 1 users
The last I heard from them was October, & they said the same things you guys have talked about for the interview decisions.

Hey everyone,
I am part of the class of 2023 at MSU CVM and just wanted to let you guys know that admissions process will be slightly different this year because of new staff in admissions department. Nothing bad but if you see something in threads from years past regarding the process, the same may not apply this year. I absolutely love this school and work extremely close with admissions so if you have any questions, let me know! Hope to see all of you at interviews soon! Best of luck :)

Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone,
I am part of the class of 2023 at MSU CVM and just wanted to let you guys know that admissions process will be slightly different this year because of new staff in admissions department. Nothing bad but if you see something in threads from years past regarding the process, the same may not apply this year. I absolutely love this school and work extremely close with admissions so if you have any questions, let me know! Hope to see all of you at interviews soon! Best of luck :)
Forever missing Missy :(

Just an update for everyone, I heard today when I went to the vet school that they are going to start notifying about interviews on December 9!

Reactions: 3 users
Just an update for everyone, I heard today when I went to the vet school that they are going to start notifying about interviews on December 9!

Any idea what days they’re conducting interviews?

anybody else apply to Miss. State? heard anything back?

anybody else apply to Miss. State? heard anything back?

I applied and haven’t heard anything either yet. Fingers crossed for good news for us both!

Does anyone know when interviews are supposed to take place?

1st 2 weeks of February

Thanks! I am going to NCBA in Texas the first week of February so hopefully I interview the second week (if I even get an interview)!

Last edited:
Does Mississippi send invites all at once or rolling?

Does Mississippi send invites all at once or rolling?

Looked through the 2023 thread and it appears they sent interview invites and rejections all on the same day, 12/21. Not sure if they’ll do it the same or differently this year ... they may have had to send them all out that day last year because it was so close to Christmas? :unsure:

Has anyone received an email for an interview invite yet or know what time they'll start sending them out?

Just received an interview invitation email. OOS first time applicant.

Just got the email for an interview!!! About had a heart attack. OOS first time applicant from SC

Reactions: 1 users
OOS interview invite which I believe will likely be February 10/11!

OOS Interview! We are supposed to reply to their email with an email accepting and preferred dates right? No link we have to click?

I replied to the email selecting my preferred dates and times.

Any idea how many interviews vs. applicants? It states that
  • Registration (including photos and lab coat sizing)
do all the schools do this? Or are they more selective on their interview choices?

alright I'll be the one to ask :lol: -- are interview invites coming out in waves based on last name? Mine starts with S and I did not receive an email yet (EST in OH, about an hour behind Miss. state)

alright I'll be the one to ask :lol: -- are interview invites coming out in waves based on last name? Mine starts with S and I did not receive an email yet (EST in OH, about an hour behind MSU)

they might be coming out in waves, but I don’t think by last name. I’m from PA and my last name starts with T, and I received mine around 6:00

they might be coming out in waves, but I don’t think by last name. I’m from PA and my last name starts with T, and I received mine around 6:00
RIP to their servers if they didn't send them in waves :lol: !