Mississippi State c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wanted some opinions on a potential interview question that I may be asked. I know that many schools ask about student loans etc. to see if you have understanding of the financial burden and how to handle money. If I will not be taking out student loans for veterinary school and will be graduating debt free (a family member generously offered to pay), will this be looked down upon? I wanted some insight on how to go about approaching this question without seeming like I don't understand money or work ethic.
Personally, I think you could address how you planned to pay for it before this family member offered. You realize you are extremely blessed to have received that gift, and maybe talk about how this process is made so much more important to you by that generosity. Just my two cents!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Personally, I think you could address how you planned to pay for it before this family member offered. You realize you are extremely blessed to have received that gift, and maybe talk about how this process is made so much more important to you by that generosity. Just my two cents!
Also, they didn’t ask me anything about the financials, but every interview is different!

I wanted some opinions on a potential interview question that I may be asked. I know that many schools ask about student loans etc. to see if you have understanding of the financial burden and how to handle money. If I will not be taking out student loans for veterinary school and will be graduating debt free (a family member generously offered to pay), will this be looked down upon? I wanted some insight on how to go about approaching this question without seeming like I don't understand money or work ethic.

I actually was asked this same question at my interview yesterday at Mississippi State. I will be taking out loans, so that’s how I answered, but I don’t feel like they will look down on you for that. I think as long as you answer honestly you should be fine. They just want to know that you’ve THOUGHT about it, and have some kind of a rough plan.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have advice for the interview? Interviewing next week and super nervous!

Does anyone have advice for the interview? Interviewing next week and super nervous!

I can’t speak for all the interviews, but it was my first interview and I was very nervous going into it. The interviewers were really nice and I don’t feel like they asked anything to trip me up. I know people have mentioned ethical interview questions, but I didn’t really get anything like that. I was much LESS nervous coming out of the interview. Just get comfortable talking about yourself, what you do, and your interests inside and outside of vet med and I think you will do fine.
Good luck!!

It wasn’t bad at all!! Be confident in your answers. They were laid back and nice and honestly just wanted to talk. Youre going to do great!! :)

Last edited:
Does anyone know when they might start calling for in state acceptances?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know when they might start calling for in state acceptances?

I interviewed on Monday and they said that it will be about 2 weeks until we hear back from them.

I interviewed on Monday and they said that it will be about 2 weeks until we hear back from them.
They told us on our interview on 2/3 that we would know within two weeks. Which would be late this week and beginning of next. I’m a student here and the conversation has been that we will know probably late this week. They have their meeting to finalize the class today.

They told us on our interview on 2/3 that we would know within two weeks. Which would be late this week and beginning of next. I’m a student here and the conversation has been that we will know probably late this week. They have their meeting to finalize the class today.
Well that's even better haha

Does anyone know what time they generally call with acceptances? Or is it different for everyone?

Does anyone know what time they generally call with acceptances? Or is it different for everyone?
I'm pretty sure last year they started calling around lunchtime on the 12th and went through the 13th, getting super anxious waiting now!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure last year they started calling around lunchtime on the 12th and went through the 13th, getting super anxious waiting now!

So anxious! I’ve had extremely too much time to overthink haha

They’re calling!! IS acceptance!

Does anyone know if all if the IS acceptance calls will happen today?

Does anyone know if all if the IS acceptance calls will happen today?

I saw on the APVMA group that some OOS people were called today too. I texted my mentor to see if they were calling over multiple days like last year and he wasn't sure. I hope they're still calling tomorrow, but kinda starting to doubt it.

I think oos will continue today! I got a call yesterday at 6:10 last name B

Reactions: 2 users
I saw on the APVMA group that some OOS people were called today too. I texted my mentor to see if they were calling over multiple days like last year and he wasn't sure. I hope they're still calling tomorrow, but kinda starting to doubt it.
On last years thread they said that the dean was the one making the calls and doing it in waves since he had to call everyone that got accepted so I would say don't lose hope yet!

there is a facebook page for people who have been accepted! Mississippi State CVM c/o 2024

Just wanted to give an update that they are still making calls today. OOS last name H here. Good luck Yall!!!

What time did you get called?
I'm in eastern time but I got the call at 1:06. Unfortunately, my workplace has terrible phone service so it ended the call immediately but they left a nice congratulatory voicemail!

Has anyone heard anything?

OOS acceptance! Call at 3:10 central, last name S

Last edited:
  • Love
Does anyone know if there will be any more calls for acceptances next week?

Has anyone heard anything about rejections or waitlist?

I know two of the contract seats are for sure taken by Clemson students, but have yet to hear about the other 3 or any OOS acceptances from SC
I go to Clemson and only know of 2 people who got contract seats and 1 at large seat from SC

IS acceptance! Call at 3:10 central, last name S
Are you IS or OOS? do you by chance know if all the calls are done (possibly if you’ve heard anything while at MSU)? thanks for any info!!

Are you IS or OOS? do you by chance know if all the calls are done (possibly if you’ve heard anything while at MSU)? thanks for any info!!
OOPS just realized my original post said in state. I am Out of state! Sometimes I feel like I’m instate since I’ve been here for so long.. They called instate on Thursday 2/13, and OOS on Friday 2/14. I’m not positive on whether or not they’re done yet. But I wouldn’t think they would stretch it over the weekend.

I just looked back at last years thread and they took 4 days to call everyone so fingers crossed for more calls!

Reactions: 7 users
I know last year they made calls at the end of one week and through the wednesday of the next week! Don't count yourself out until you get an email saying otherwise!

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats to those accepted! For those wondering... In -state SC contract seat!

i just wanted to ease some of yalls worries. I am in the class of 2023 and i was not called off the waitlist till a week before orientation started.

Did anyone get called yesterday?